Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 83,645
And1: 234
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 5, 2022 7:50 pm

Zion Williamson will dial back his rehab to only partial weight bearing activities. Williamson is continuing his rehabilitation in Portland instead of New Orleans, but remains under supervision of the team.


“Since we notified everyone on December 16 of his latest imaging, it was decided then by our medical team to dial his rehab back to only partial weight bearing activities. He continues along that path,” stated Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin. “We also agreed that in order to put Zion in the best position to succeed, he will rehab away from the team at this time so he can focus on the task at hand.”


“As you can imagine, this has been a very difficult process for me,” said Williamson. “I know there’s work to be done in my recovery before I can safely return to the court, but I will continue to put in the time necessary so I can get back on the floor with my team and represent Pelicans fans and the city of New Orleans at the highest level. Basketball means everything to me, and I am thankful for the Pelicans organization and everyone who has surrounded me with love and support throughout this journey – my family, friends, teammates, coaches, staff, fans, and everybody who has stood behind me and uplifted me when I needed it most.”

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

BigTex
Junior
Posts: 415
And1: 54
Joined: Jun 21, 2017
     

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#2 » by BigTex » Wed Jan 5, 2022 8:11 pm

Poertland??!! Must be going to the Sam Bowie Institute for Lower Extremity Reahabilition. Or maybe Bill Walton's old therapist.
tecumseh18
RealGM
Posts: 15,484
And1: 7,807
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Location: Big green house
 

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#3 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 9:00 pm

BigTex wrote:Poertland??!! Must be going to the Sam Bowie Institute for Lower Extremity Reahabilition. Or maybe Bill Walton's old therapist.


Nah. The sport doc for Brandon Roy and Greg Oden will do just fine.
"Say asterisk one more time, m_____rf_____r!"
User avatar
Euphonetiks
Senior
Posts: 663
And1: 278
Joined: Dec 16, 2015
   

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#4 » by Euphonetiks » Wed Jan 5, 2022 9:14 pm

BigTex wrote:Poertland??!! Must be going to the Sam Bowie Institute for Lower Extremity Reahabilition. Or maybe Bill Walton's old therapist.


Or Nike HQ
jakebernat
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,960
And1: 767
Joined: Jan 26, 2014
Location: downriver, MI

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#5 » by jakebernat » Wed Jan 5, 2022 9:18 pm

the only thing he’s dialing is the number for room service. it’s sad that we’re literally watching a generational talent self-implode.
saltybs
Sophomore
Posts: 183
And1: 36
Joined: May 12, 2014
 

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#6 » by saltybs » Wed Jan 5, 2022 9:36 pm

jakebernat wrote:the only thing he’s dialing is the number for room service. it’s sad that we’re literally watching a generational talent self-implode.


ha nice one
Pickled Prunes
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,196
And1: 728
Joined: Sep 14, 2010

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jan 5, 2022 9:44 pm

How do you "dial back" rehab? You are either working to rehab or you aren't.

People are making this about Zion's weight, but I'll bet it has far more to do with NOP embracing the tank.
CobraCommander
RealGM
Posts: 13,435
And1: 5,814
Joined: May 01, 2014
       

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#8 » by CobraCommander » Wed Jan 5, 2022 10:25 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:
BigTex wrote:Poertland??!! Must be going to the Sam Bowie Institute for Lower Extremity Reahabilition. Or maybe Bill Walton's old therapist.


Or Nike HQ



Wonder if they could be more specific than ‘Portland’.

Nike isn’t in Portland btw- I know Beaverton is close to Portland but if going to be non descriptive about the location of his rehab you could at least say - Zion is going to get treatment and do rehab with Dr X, who works with Nike and is the foremost expert on fat athletes that can jump 50”s with foot issues.

Btw- dialing back rehab means decreased intensity which is normal with foot injuries and stress fractures.

I bet he Is on the bone stimulator, prp, stem cell, infrared treatment, 50000 IU vitamin D and epat....using the zero g machine and is still feeling pain...when that happens you dial it back
User avatar
Euphonetiks
Senior
Posts: 663
And1: 278
Joined: Dec 16, 2015
   

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#9 » by Euphonetiks » Wed Jan 5, 2022 10:39 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:
BigTex wrote:Poertland??!! Must be going to the Sam Bowie Institute for Lower Extremity Reahabilition. Or maybe Bill Walton's old therapist.


Or Nike HQ



Wonder if they could be more specific than ‘Portland’.

Nike isn’t in Portland btw- I know Beaverton is close to Portland but if going to be non descriptive about the location of his rehab you could at least say - Zion is going to get treatment and do rehab with Dr X, who works with Nike and is the foremost expert on fat athletes that can jump 50”s with foot issues.

Btw- dialing back rehab means decreased intensity which is normal with foot injuries and stress fractures.

I bet he Is on the bone stimulator, prp, stem cell, infrared treatment, 50000 IU vitamin D and epat....using the zero g machine and is still feeling pain...when that happens you dial it back


His surgery was done in SoCal by Dr. Fertel. Supposedly a Pels trainer is in Portland with him. Cannot imagine he would be rehabbing anywhere other than the Nike facility (I know it's in Beaverton, but that's like 15-20 minutes away?)
tidho
General Manager
Posts: 8,829
And1: 2,845
Joined: Jun 12, 2009

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#10 » by tidho » Wed Jan 5, 2022 10:47 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:How do you "dial back" rehab? You are either working to rehab or you aren't.

People are making this about Zion's weight, but I'll bet it has far more to do with NOP embracing the tank.

you don't dial back rehab to partial weight activities only in order to tank, you do it so his fat ass doesn't break his surgically repaired foot.

worse, doing it across the country certainly isn't the team's idea, this is them gritting their teeth and smiling while he has them by the balls.

absolutely horrible situation for NO.
Biff
Starter
Posts: 2,131
And1: 792
Joined: Jun 10, 2007
Contact:
 

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#11 » by Biff » Wed Jan 5, 2022 11:03 pm

Fat boy needs to be put on a diet if he ever wants to play professional basketball again.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
Dleushon
Ballboy
Posts: 22
And1: 7
Joined: May 22, 2019
       

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#12 » by Dleushon » Thu Jan 6, 2022 1:38 am

He is soo... Knicks bound. I just hope he can bounce back into form and not be this generations Eddie Curry.
User avatar
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 20,285
And1: 5,246
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#13 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:05 am

tidho wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:How do you "dial back" rehab? You are either working to rehab or you aren't.

People are making this about Zion's weight, but I'll bet it has far more to do with NOP embracing the tank.

you don't dial back rehab to partial weight activities only in order to tank, you do it so his fat ass doesn't break his surgically repaired foot.

worse, doing it across the country certainly isn't the team's idea, this is them gritting their teeth and smiling while he has them by the balls.

absolutely horrible situation for NO.



Not the Team's idea for sure but NO wasn't doing Zion any good and Nike is protecting their investment and may do much better keeping him in line. Sucks for for the Pets but better if they get him back than he just gets reinsured and never plays for them again I guess.
blahblah312
Sophomore
Posts: 138
And1: 18
Joined: Aug 08, 2017
     

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#14 » by blahblah312 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 9:14 am

dailing back on the cajun cooking away from the cream and heavy gravy food into the land of nuts and boredom.
User avatar
BarbaGrizz
Veteran
Posts: 2,711
And1: 903
Joined: May 25, 2007
Location: Brazil
     

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#15 » by BarbaGrizz » Thu Jan 6, 2022 12:47 pm

I´m so happy Memphis lose the ping pong ball to Pels that year
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90's that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon.
BooRadleysHouse
Sophomore
Posts: 142
And1: 34
Joined: Jul 08, 2014
     

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#16 » by BooRadleysHouse » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:36 pm

Incoming: Damian Lillard for Zion Williamson & Brandon Ingram. Zion knows and that's why he is there. And the Earth is flat and run by lizard people.
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,576
And1: 1,042
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
       

Re: Zion Williamson Dials Back Rehab, Moves Location To Portland 

Post#17 » by The KnicksFix » Sat Jan 8, 2022 10:36 am

Dleushon wrote:He is soo... Knicks bound. I just hope he can bounce back into form and not be this generations Eddie Curry.


Can’t be. We tied the cap up in Julius Randle :lol:

Return to Wiretap Discussion