'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 83,647
And1: 234
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:14 am

The return of Kawhi Leonard during the 21-22 season is a "strong possibility," according to Chris Haynes on TNT.


Leonard is "ahead of schedule" in his rehab of a torn ACL suffered during the 2021 playoffs, according to Haynes.

Via Chris Haynes/Yahoo! Sports

User avatar
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 16,949
And1: 15,286
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
   

Re: 'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 7, 2022 1:04 pm

I don’t believe it. Kawhi barely wants to play when he is healthy. He isn’t rushing back.
castor777
Senior
Posts: 539
And1: 99
Joined: Jul 23, 2013

Re: 'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#3 » by castor777 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 1:26 pm

Kawhi rushing through rehab? That’d be a first.
User avatar
MadDogSHWA
Head Coach
Posts: 6,560
And1: 3,828
Joined: Nov 17, 2004

Re: 'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#4 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Jan 7, 2022 2:35 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I don’t believe it. Kawhi barely wants to play when he is healthy. He isn’t rushing back.


When he won the Championship with the Raptors he struggled mightily just to get up the stairs to the podium where he sat for the media scrum. He did an entire playoff run in pain most of us have never experienced. I don't know how anyone could question this man's desire to play. He had a net worth in the 20's of M's at the time.
Scotia Barnes Arena
Scotty Bank Arena
Scotty Barnes Arena

Scottie is the one.
mulamutti
Senior
Posts: 618
And1: 510
Joined: Jan 14, 2014

Re: 'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#5 » by mulamutti » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:10 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I don’t believe it. Kawhi barely wants to play when he is healthy. He isn’t rushing back.


When he won the Championship with the Raptors he struggled mightily just to get up the stairs to the podium where he sat for the media scrum. He did an entire playoff run in pain most of us have never experienced. I don't know how anyone could question this man's desire to play. He had a net worth in the 20's of M's at the time.


I think most don't understand Kawhi. He's made it clear that he thinks the regular season is just a prolonged practice. I also think that he genuinely believes he has chronic injuries (at least as per him and his own doctors) and that he has very limited mileage left in his legs. He wants to use that for the playoffs and so he does this dance during the regular season and tries to come out in god-mode in the playoffs. It doesn't mean it will always work, but I think that's his motivation.
mulamutti
Senior
Posts: 618
And1: 510
Joined: Jan 14, 2014

Re: 'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#6 » by mulamutti » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:10 pm

delete repeat post
BigHustle
Senior
Posts: 714
And1: 105
Joined: Jun 30, 2018

Re: 'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#7 » by BigHustle » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:32 pm

Forgot all about the dude. Hope he gets back to as close to 100% as possible.
knicks94
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,798
And1: 1,535
Joined: Apr 01, 2010

Re: 'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#8 » by knicks94 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 5:00 pm

Kawhi is the John Cena of the NBA. He will only show up to perform on special occassions.
niha17
Senior
Posts: 503
And1: 32
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
     

Re: 'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#9 » by niha17 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 5:09 pm

kawhi is still in the nba
Pickled Prunes
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,196
And1: 728
Joined: Sep 14, 2010

Re: 'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Jan 7, 2022 7:04 pm

mulamutti wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I don’t believe it. Kawhi barely wants to play when he is healthy. He isn’t rushing back.


When he won the Championship with the Raptors he struggled mightily just to get up the stairs to the podium where he sat for the media scrum. He did an entire playoff run in pain most of us have never experienced. I don't know how anyone could question this man's desire to play. He had a net worth in the 20's of M's at the time.


I think most don't understand Kawhi. He's made it clear that he thinks the regular season is just a prolonged practice. I also think that he genuinely believes he has chronic injuries (at least as per him and his own doctors) and that he has very limited mileage left in his legs. He wants to use that for the playoffs and so he does this dance during the regular season and tries to come out in god-mode in the playoffs. It doesn't mean it will always work, but I think that's his motivation.

The past couple of seasons have showed us that the Clippers need more practice.
Pickled Prunes
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,196
And1: 728
Joined: Sep 14, 2010

Re: 'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#11 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Jan 7, 2022 7:05 pm

knicks94 wrote:Kawhi is the John Cena of the NBA. He will only show up to perform on special occassions.

John Cena is just a name to me. I have no idea who he is... and this still made me laugh! :lol:
raylewis
Sophomore
Posts: 139
And1: 35
Joined: Dec 08, 2014
         

Re: 'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#12 » by raylewis » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:25 am

i absolutely hate the turd
wont watch any team he plays on
he ONLY shows up in playoffs
fNcking amazing when he rested and a 15 year old carter played every minute he was needed
raylewis
Sophomore
Posts: 139
And1: 35
Joined: Dec 08, 2014
         

Re: 'Strong Possibility' Kawhi Leonard Returns During 21-22 Season 

Post#13 » by raylewis » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:32 am

raylewis wrote:i absolutely hate the turd
wont watch any team he plays on
he ONLY shows up in playoffs
fNcking amazing when he rested and a 15 year older carter played every minute he was needed

Return to Wiretap Discussion