Celtics Have No Interest In Breaking Up Jayson Tatum Or Jaylen Brown

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Celtics Have No Interest In Breaking Up Jayson Tatum Or Jaylen Brown 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:54 pm

The Boston Celtics have no interest in trading either Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown right now, sources tell Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The Celtics have had a disappointing start to the season, which has led to some speculation that they would have to break up their wing tandem.

The Celtics do appear to be open to trading other players on the roster.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,704

Re: Celtics Have No Interest In Breaking Up Jayson Tatum Or Jaylen Brown 

Post#2 » by Revived » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:54 pm

The Eastern conference version of Lillard and McCollum.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 157

Post#3 » by BigHustle » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:12 pm

Revived wrote:The Eastern conference version of Lillard and McCollum.

It’s possible but I’d say it’s different because they are still young and developing both as players and hopefully as leaders.

In particular JB has shown flashes of leadership the past 30 days on the court I had not seen yet. Always been a leader off the court.
jk31
Rookie
And1: 685

Post#4 » by jk31 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:13 pm

Would be really strange if they found it a good idea to break up Jayton Tatum.
Anthoine
Junior
And1: 35

Post#5 » by Anthoine » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:27 pm

BigHustle wrote:

It’s possible but I’d say it’s different because they are still young and developing both as players and hopefully as leaders.

In particular JB has shown flashes of leadership the past 30 days on the court I had not seen yet. Always been a leader off the court.

Not sure how this is different then what dude said. At one point Dame and CJ were young and developing players/leaders as well. In a similar situation Cj blossomed as a leader later then Dame and Cj has always been a leader off the court. Narrative seems the same to me lol
SatchSanders
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#6 » by SatchSanders » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:06 pm

Anthoine wrote:
BigHustle wrote:

Not sure how this is different then what dude said. At one point Dame and CJ were young and developing players/leaders as well. In a similar situation Cj blossomed as a leader later then Dame and Cj has always been a leader off the court. Narrative seems the same to me lol

Tatum and Brown are much more versatile than Lillard and McCollum could ever be. You have more options in how you play with them as your cornerstones. The real issue is that they haven't replaced Hayward's contributions. There would be no issue about Smart at the point if Hayward were working as a point forward on offense. If they can't get someone to replicate those contributions, THEN they need to get a point guard who can break down the defense off the dribble. But doing so is more likely to damage them on the defensive end. That positive impact on both ends is why Chris Paul is so valuable to the Suns.

Return to Wiretap Discussion