Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 83,645
And1: 234
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:26 am

Damian Lillard will be out at least six to eight weeks after undergoing surgery on his abdomen on Thursday.


Lillard saw two specialists this week — one in St. Louis and the other in Philadelphia — and both agreed this was the best course of action.


Lillard's return to game action this season will be dependent on his health and where the Portland Trail Blazers are in the standings.

Via Chris Haynes/Yahoo! Sports

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 7,734
And1: 291
Joined: Aug 22, 2001
Location: NY
       

Re: 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:13 am

This most likely ends Lillards season, but does it end his time in Portland?
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
nedleeds
Head Coach
Posts: 6,538
And1: 5,640
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Contact:
       

Re: 

Post#3 » by nedleeds » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:43 am

Wow. Imagine if a team had traded the farm for him and missed this in the physical.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
niha17
Senior
Posts: 503
And1: 32
Joined: Jul 14, 2014
     

Re: 

Post#4 » by niha17 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:00 am

let the tank begin
rzzzzz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,916
And1: 1,318
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
 

Re: Re: 

Post#5 » by rzzzzz » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:53 pm

TheCage4 wrote:This most likely ends Lillards season, but does it end his time in Portland?

Yeah, their season is obviously shot. Probably hold onto him and take the losses, hoping he fully recovers for either next year or a better return towards a full teardown.
Pickled Prunes
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,196
And1: 728
Joined: Sep 14, 2010

Re: Re: 

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:24 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:This most likely ends Lillards season, but does it end his time in Portland?

Yeah, their season is obviously shot. Probably hold onto him and take the losses, hoping he fully recovers for either next year or a better return towards a full teardown.

IDK... POR has historically been OK with sneaking into the playoffs as the 8th seed. There is now a play-in and they are currently sitting in that 10th spot. CJ has been out but if he's ready to return he should be enough to keep them in reach of the play-in. My guess is that Lillard is hoping to come back and make some noise. If POR is healthy they will be a tough out for anyone in the 7th-9th spots. Yes, they will get stepped on when the real playoffs begin, but as I said... they have historically been OK with that.

CJ has been playing better than Dame all season anyway. Hopefully he can come back and cook for a bit to up his value before the deadline. I expect him to average about 26/5/5 with Dame out. Wrap a bow on that dude!
EazeeDuzIt
Ballboy
Posts: 37
And1: 1
Joined: Nov 14, 2010

Re: Re: 

Post#7 » by EazeeDuzIt » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:00 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:This most likely ends Lillards season, but does it end his time in Portland?

Yeah, their season is obviously shot. Probably hold onto him and take the losses, hoping he fully recovers for either next year or a better return towards a full teardown.

IDK... POR has historically been OK with sneaking into the playoffs as the 8th seed. There is now a play-in and they are currently sitting in that 10th spot. CJ has been out but if he's ready to return he should be enough to keep them in reach of the play-in. My guess is that Lillard is hoping to come back and make some noise. If POR is healthy they will be a tough out for anyone in the 7th-9th spots. Yes, they will get stepped on when the real playoffs begin, but as I said... they have historically been OK with that.

CJ has been playing better than Dame all season anyway. Hopefully he can come back and cook for a bit to up his value before the deadline. I expect him to average about 26/5/5 with Dame out. Wrap a bow on that dude!


Well said

Return to Wiretap Discussion