Russell Westbrook: Trade To Lakers 'Bigger Than Basketball For Me'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 234

Russell Westbrook: Trade To Lakers 'Bigger Than Basketball For Me' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:00 pm

Russell Westbrook has struggled during his first few months since joining the Los Angeles Lakers. While the trade has been frustrating for him on the floor, living in his hometown of Los Angeles has at least been beneficial for him on a personal level.

“Yeah, man, (he’s happy because) I get to see my kids, my family, my mom, my dad,” he told The Athletic while he headed for the team bus following a recent game at Sacramento. “To me, that’s more important than anything else. I’m able to be home and be able to embrace them. They get to see me, and as they get older I get to see my kids every day and take them to school every morning. To me, that brings joy.”

While the Lakers likely have second thoughts about trading for Westbrook, the same doesn't hold true for his end.

“No,” he said when asked if he had any regrets about the move. “Nah. I mean, not at all, because — like I told you — it’s bigger than basketball for me.”

Via Sam Amick/The Athletic

FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 83

Re: Russell Westbrook: Trade To Lakers 'Bigger Than Basketball For Me' 

Post#2 » by FreeBoosie » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:48 am

In other words, "please don't scapegoat me out of LA LeGM"
Dmagic
Senior
And1: 244

Re: Russell Westbrook: Trade To Lakers 'Bigger Than Basketball For Me' 

Post#3 » by Dmagic » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:15 pm

The lakers did not bring him here for any reason besides basketball i promise but **** give him a dress a make him the mascot haha jk russ i know yall will figure it out

Return to Wiretap Discussion