Re: Nets, 76ers To Discuss James Harden For Ben Simmons Trade

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Nets, 76ers To Discuss James Harden For Ben Simmons Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 4, 2022 10:35 pm

The Brooklyn Nets are willing to engage in a dialogue with the Philadelphia 76ers on a trade of James Harden for Ben Simmons, multiple sources tell Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The 76ers have several role players they can include in an offer to sweeten the deal such as Seth Curry, Tyrese Maxey and Matisse Thybulle.

Harden is currently out with tightness in his left hamstring.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,103

Post#2 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Feb 4, 2022 11:11 pm

Nets are the perfect team for Ben Simmons. I would put him in the frontcourt with KD. Steve Nash can get the most out of Simmon's playmaking skills, they're already strong offensively with KD and Kyrie, and Ben would really help step up the defense. You don't win titles without top-notch defense.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#3 » by gom » Fri Feb 4, 2022 11:47 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:Nets are the perfect team for Ben Simmons. I would put him in the frontcourt with KD. Steve Nash can get the most out of Simmon's playmaking skills, they're already strong offensively with KD and Kyrie, and Ben would really help step up the defense. You don't win titles without top-notch defense.

Harden would be a huge acquisition for the 76ers too. Bit of a risk, though, because he hasn't signed an extension and has a player option next season.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 533

Post#4 » by TheCage4 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 12:31 am

If Ben Simmons has mental health issues, NYC is the last place to be. The fans and the media will eat him alive, not to mention the questionable influence Kyrie may have on him.

On the other side of the coin, the pairing of Joel and James could be catastrophic. Morey obviously loves Harden, but the 76ers are Embiid’s team. I see a lot of potential for in-fighting, especially if the Sixers lose significant role players.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -V
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,230

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Feb 5, 2022 12:44 am

I think Harden's "tightness" is in his relationship with Kyrie, and with the org. for allowing Kyrie to play in half the games. He didn't force a trade to BRK to play with Mills and Aldridge.

I can just see Simmons in BRK with Durant injured and Kyrie sitting because its a home game. Patty mills is going to be chasing some career highs in FGA's. :D
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,279

Post#6 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Feb 5, 2022 1:07 am

TheCage4 wrote:If Ben Simmons has mental health issues, NYC is the last place to be. The fans and the media will eat him alive, not to mention the questionable influence Kyrie may have on him.

On the other side of the coin, the pairing of Joel and James could be catastrophic. Morey obviously loves Harden, but the 76ers are Embiid’s team. I see a lot of potential for in-fighting, especially if the Sixers lose significant role players.

Nah. We barely have a fanbase. Ben won't have any pressure on him from the media.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 10,025

Post#7 » by HotelVitale » Sat Feb 5, 2022 1:37 am

TheCage4 wrote:If Ben Simmons has mental health issues, NYC is the last place to be. The fans and the media will eat him alive, not to mention the questionable influence Kyrie may have on him.

Both of those things are true, but 1) Simmons keeps saying that he just wants out of Philly and thinks things will be fine then. I don't get it but it's what he's said and he probably knows best what's going on (though who knows at this point). And 2) Joel seems to want to be dominant and has definitely enjoyed being the guy this year, but he's also a serious competitor and his ego is weird--he rarely takes himself super seriously and seems to like having people around him who help focus him. He loved having J Butler around, for example, and had no problem having him keep the ball in 4th quarters that season.
nycefnl
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Post#8 » by nycefnl » Sat Feb 5, 2022 2:09 am

As a Nets fan I’ll drive Harden to Philly and pickup Simmons and curry with great joy
YourGM99
Junior
And1: 63

Post#9 » by YourGM99 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 2:52 am

If I were the sixers I would be very cautious with trading for James Harden. They are playing very well and they would have to change their style of play to fully maximize James Harden’s abilities which could negatively impact their chemistry. A low maintenance all star level player may be a better option; Bradley Beal, CJ McCullom, Kris Middleton (not going to happen), etc.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,557

Post#10 » by Zenzibar » Sat Feb 5, 2022 3:29 am

Without Simmons and Harden, the 76ers are a handful, as Embiid is playing on an MVP level. Just adding Harden will place the 76ers as ECF contenders.

The key for the 76ers and probably a sticking point is Maxey. The Nets would love to start Maxey at home, while Irving starts on the road and bring Maxey off the bench. Harden problably is not happy in Brooklyn and the star level player, the 76ers are seeking in a Ben Simmons trade.

I can also see the Nets trying to unload Blake for Tobias Harris.

Lots of discussions and why I'm starting to think the Nets and Harden are avoiding any injuires or mishaps while this gets sorted out.
Stop All Genocides
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,601

Post#11 » by dice » Sat Feb 5, 2022 4:56 am

can't accuse the nets of shying away from...interesting personality types
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#12 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Sat Feb 5, 2022 12:13 pm

It's hilarious. Nets will rob the Sixers demanding more assets and Morey will do that instantly to get his washed up buddy James on the team. Harden cannot co-exist with another superstar. Those days where he was comfortable at being 6th man/regular starter are so long gone. The funny thing is James Harden in 2012 WCF is probably the last clutch series he's had. And you wanna pair him with unclutch Doc Rivers? YIKES
D21
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#13 » by D21 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 5:23 pm

ShazamDaShiznt wrote:It's hilarious. Nets will rob the Sixers demanding more assets and Morey will do that instantly to get his washed up buddy James on the team. Harden cannot co-exist with another superstar. Those days where he was comfortable at being 6th man/regular starter are so long gone. The funny thing is James Harden in 2012 WCF is probably the last clutch series he's had. And you wanna pair him with unclutch Doc Rivers? YIKES

Cannot coexist ?
I'm not a fan of all of his game, but I would not say that he can't. Did you watch the playoffs when Chris Paul was playing with him ? We can't be sure, but it's very possible that if Paul didn't get injured, they would have won a title, so I would not say such a thing
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 197

Post#14 » by 23artest23 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 5:40 pm

I'd like to see any deal centered around Ben for Harden scrapped by Adam Silver. After what has transpired in Philly, no team should be offering anything near a Harden level player and the Sixers should be sending out picks to get out of Ben's toxic deal.
IkeDoIt
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#15 » by IkeDoIt » Sat Feb 5, 2022 8:27 pm

They were better off without the Harden trade anyways. Imagine these Nets or last year’s playoff Nets with Caris Levert and Jarret Allen next to Kyrie and KD instead. If you can dump Harden, DUMP HIM
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 184

Post#16 » by UptownPhilly » Sat Feb 5, 2022 10:41 pm

23artest23 wrote:I'd like to see any deal centered around Ben for Harden scrapped by Adam Silver. After what has transpired in Philly, no team should be offering anything near a Harden level player and the Sixers should be sending out picks to get out of Ben's toxic deal.

Get over it.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 197

Post#17 » by 23artest23 » Sun Feb 6, 2022 10:21 am

UptownPhilly wrote:
23artest23 wrote:I'd like to see any deal centered around Ben for Harden scrapped by Adam Silver. After what has transpired in Philly, no team should be offering anything near a Harden level player and the Sixers should be sending out picks to get out of Ben's toxic deal.

Get over it.

You know I am right. You know that Philly has no business whatsoever getting a Harden level player back for a guy that we don't even know will ever return to playing let alone return to being the overrated, passive on a massive contract guy we have come to know. Philly should be sending out FRPs for any team to take on the liability known as Ben Simmons.
NYKNICKS4LIFEB
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#18 » by NYKNICKS4LIFEB » Sun Feb 6, 2022 10:28 am

Simmons will be fine I’m Brooklyn. Nobody in NYC cares about the nets anyway. The nets are more popular outside NY thank actually in NY.

Return to Wiretap Discussion