Kevin Durant Wants James Harden To Stay in Brooklyn

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Durant Wants James Harden To Stay in Brooklyn 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Feb 6, 2022 1:24 am

On NBA Countdown, Adrian Wojnarowski said that Brooklyn Nets star Kevin Durant wants James Harden to remain in Brooklyn. Harden has been rumored to have interest in joining the Philadelphia 76ers. Additional reporting has been that the Nets are now open to trading Harden before next week's trade deadline.

Wojnarowski added that when Kevin Durant returns from his knee injury, Durant wants "Everyone in Brooklyn to be as committed to winning a title as he is". Durant is expected to return sometime after the All-Star break.

As for Harden himself, Wojnarowski reported that the star guard continues to tell Durant and Nets management that he wants to stay in Brooklyn.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,218

Re: Kevin Durant Wants James Harden To Stay in Brooklyn 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Feb 6, 2022 2:30 am

What else is he supposed to say? And when he talks about commitment to winning, do you think he's only talking about road games?
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,965

Post#3 » by Cassius » Sun Feb 6, 2022 3:19 pm

KD wanted him to say in OKC as well, but the team had to pick between a player whose level of commitment could be questioned and a crazy point guard... Wait
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,857

Post#4 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Feb 6, 2022 3:24 pm

Cassius wrote:KD wanted him to say in OKC as well, but the team had to pick between a player whose level of commitment could be questioned and a crazy point guard... Wait

I enjoyed this post.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 489

Post#5 » by TheChaser » Sun Feb 6, 2022 5:08 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
Cassius wrote:KD wanted him to say in OKC as well, but the team had to pick between a player whose level of commitment could be questioned and a crazy point guard... Wait

I enjoyed this post.

My sentiments exactly.
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,218

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Feb 6, 2022 7:34 pm

Not really... OKC didn't have to make a choice. They could have just paid him.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,965

Post#7 » by Cassius » Sun Feb 6, 2022 9:46 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:

Not really... OKC didn't have to make a choice. They could have just paid him.

The story I've been told my people who worked there is that Harden was crushing the strip club scene in the 2012 Finals, which led to his awful performance. But I agree, all they had to do was use the amnesty on Perk.

At the time, I thought they should Harden then trade Russ and Ibaka to Orlando for Dwight Howard. Not sure if Orlando could have turned that down given Dwight had one foot out the door already.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#8 » by cheese318 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 11:04 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Discussion