Nets Remain Optimistic Kyrie Irving Will Play In Home Games This Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nets Remain Optimistic Kyrie Irving Will Play In Home Games This Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:46 pm

Speaking on ESPN's NBA Today, insider Adrian Wojnarowski reported that the Brooklyn Nets remain optimistic that Kyrie Irving will play in home games this season. This optimism is held by members for the front office, players, coaches and even Irving himself.

“I think around the Nets there’s still a confidence, maybe even more than an optimism that they’re going to get Kyrie Irving on a full-time basis at some point,” Wojnarowski said.

As it stands today, Irving is only eligible to play in five of the Nets final 16 games. Brooklyn is home for 10 of their final 16 games, plus has a road game at the New York Knicks.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Re: Nets Remain Optimistic Kyrie Irving Will Play In Home Games This Season 

Post#2 » by castor777 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:04 pm

I'm just curious how they're going to incorporate Simmons into this whole thing. They might only have 5 games where they all play together, before Ben has to face the playoffs again.
cfour6
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#3 » by cfour6 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:13 pm

castor777 wrote:I'm just curious how they're going to incorporate Simmons into this whole thing. They might only have 5 games where they all play together, before Ben has to face the playoffs again.

Same way they do with with pick up. Its not that hard of a sport. Chemistry is over exaggerated.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#4 » by puja21 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:46 pm

cfour6 wrote:
castor777 wrote:I'm just curious how they're going to incorporate Simmons into this whole thing. They might only have 5 games where they all play together, before Ben has to face the playoffs again.

Same way they do with with pick up. Its not that hard of a sport. Chemistry is over exaggerated.

Heat big 3 opened 2011 with a 9-8 record in the first month and ultimately choked away the Finals.

Depends on the mix of skills and play styles, but it matters
castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Post#5 » by castor777 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:06 pm

cfour6 wrote:

It matters when you have a guy who hasn't played in almost a year who's afraid to shoot the ball and go to the FT line. And playoffs aren't pick up games, every possession counts. Ben completely choked in his last playoff series, and with the remaining schedule and Irving absences, he'll likely find himself with even more pressure than he's ever faced before. One can only imagine if they play a series with Philly, but I'll definitely have my popcorn ready.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#6 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:02 pm

At least he didn't cave to the pressure. 5 games left?
Side note. When will "crybaby" get to play. He's back in Philly tonight, but they can't boo him if he doesn't touch the ball. I hope he at least warms up so they can.
jspahn
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#7 » by jspahn » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:04 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:At least he didn't cave to the pressure. 5 games left?
Side note. When will "crybaby" get to play. He's back in Philly tonight, but they can't boo him if he doesn't touch the ball. I hope he at least warms up so they can.

Oh they will boo him without him touching the court. It's already happening when he's grabbing his morning latte lmao
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 145

Post#8 » by Rashidi » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:25 pm

cfour6 wrote:Chemistry is over exaggerated.

If chemistry were over-exaggerated, the Lakers would be above .500 and have beaten the Rockets.
mulamutti
Pro Prospect
And1: 775

Post#9 » by mulamutti » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:10 pm

cfour6 wrote:

no its not. There are some players that are natural at it, like lebron, cp3, jason kidd, etc. but not everyone can adjust to team chemistry instantly. A bunch of us 22 year olds used to play in college and were pretty good, and got skewered by this professor team of 60+ year olds. They had been playing together for 10+ years and so enjoyed beating all calibre of players in college.
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#10 » by BigTex » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:19 am

In a rational world, a vaccine denier wouldn’t play anywhere this season.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,074

Post#11 » by Ben-N1ce » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Wiretap Discussion