Norman Powell To Return From Broken Foot

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Norman Powell To Return From Broken Foot 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Apr 6, 2022 8:24 pm

Norman Powell plans to make his return to game action with the Los Angeles Clippers after missing nearly two months with a broken foot.

The Clippers traded for Powell shortly before the trade deadline. 

In three games with the Clippers, Powell is averaging 21.0 points, 3 rebounds and 4.0 assists in 26.8 minutes per game.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Years90Suns
Senior
And1: 280

Re: Norman Powell To Return From Broken Foot 

Post#2 » by Years90Suns » Wed Apr 6, 2022 9:28 pm

Clips are going to play with 5 SFs who can shoot and like to shoot and will shoot and also have a lot of quality... but like to shoot.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,209

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Apr 7, 2022 12:27 am

Years90Suns wrote:Clips are going to play with 5 SFs who can shoot and like to shoot and will shoot and also have a lot of quality... but like to shoot.

Powell is a 6-3 SG... but he does like to shoot. :D
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#4 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Apr 7, 2022 2:14 am

Once everyone is healthy: Jackson, Norm, PG, Kawhi, Zu is a good lineup.
Years90Suns
Senior
And1: 280

Post#5 » by Years90Suns » Thu Apr 7, 2022 6:44 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Years90Suns wrote:Clips are going to play with 5 SFs who can shoot and like to shoot and will shoot and also have a lot of quality... but like to shoot.

Only 6-3?
I always thought he was 6-5/6-6...
Always saw him more as a SF.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#6 » by donaldtrump_00 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 8:19 am

TimeisIllmatic wrote:Once everyone is healthy: Jackson, Norm, PG, Kawhi, Zu is a good lineup.

You gotta have covington on the floor to. They need a trade. There ok if kawhi is not playing. Long term that's a log jam. I'd go get Harrell back. They going to play small to get everyone there minutes. And I forgot about Batum and Morris.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,209

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Apr 7, 2022 5:32 pm

Years90Suns wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

Only 6-3?
I always thought he was 6-5/6-6...
Always saw him more as a SF.

I can understand why you thought of him as a SF. Powell was listed at SF in POR while starting along side CJ (6-3) and Dame (6-2). But that was a result of poor team construction rather than natural position. Powell got blasted nightly trying to defend SF's. Powell is undersized even at SG, but he's good. He would really benefit from playing with a bigger PG like SGA or one of the Ball Bros.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#8 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Apr 7, 2022 8:13 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
TimeisIllmatic wrote:Once everyone is healthy: Jackson, Norm, PG, Kawhi, Zu is a good lineup.

You gotta have covington on the floor to. They need a trade. There ok if kawhi is not playing. Long term that's a log jam. I'd go get Harrell back. They going to play small to get everyone there minutes. And I forgot about Batum and Morris.

Since there's a logjam you do wonder if Covington will be re-signed for next year. I think the Clippers may try to re-sign him and if I am not mistaken could probably offer more money to him than other teams.

Morris would be a really good 6th man if he's willing to fully embrace that role going into next year. If not, maybe Clippers shop him around for an upgrade at center. Capela for Morris could help both teams. Clippers get a better center and Hawks save some money and could start Okongwu instead.

Zubac could be traded for picks.

Going into next year:

Jackson / Mann
Norm / Kennard
PG / Coffey
Kawhi / Batum
Capela / Hartenstein

Good starting 5 and bench in my opinion.

Return to Wiretap Discussion