Re: Khris Middleton To Miss Entire Second Round With Grade 2 MCL Sprain

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Khris Middleton To Miss Entire Second Round With Grade 2 MCL Sprain 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:28 pm

Khris Middleton has a Grade 2 sprain in his MCL and is expected to miss the entirety of the Milwaukee Bucks' second round series against the Boston Celtics.

The typical recovery for a Grade 2 sprain could also mean Middleton misses the Eastern Conference Finals should the Bucks advance.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

eureca20
Junior
And1: 81

Post#2 » by eureca20 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:16 pm

He was injured April 20th. Conference finals start between May 15-18. Recovery time tends to be 4-8 weeks. Anthony Davis took 5 weeks to return during the regular season.

I guess the conference finals is a moot point since they would have to get through a healthy Celtics first. Celtics are probably their toughest Eastern conference test anyways.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 157

Post#3 » by BigHustle » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:36 pm

As a Celtics fan I’m sad this has happened. He would have made it an even more compelling series.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,848

Post#4 » by Beethoven » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:40 pm

Unfortunate. Still going to be a tough series. I do see Boston coming out on top in this one. Boston right now just really legit.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 320

Post#5 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:49 pm

Milwaukee is a deep team but even then not sure if anyone can replace what Middleton provides.
davidavydave
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#6 » by davidavydave » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:33 pm

This is an easy fix for Milwaukee.
Just have Grayson Allen do his thang and injure as many opposing players as possible.
Boom.
cam24thomas
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,168

Post#7 » by cam24thomas » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:51 pm

Beethoven wrote:Unfortunate. Still going to be a tough series. I do see Boston coming out on top in this one. Boston right now just really legit.

But look how close all 4 of those games were vs. Brooklyn. If Nash had played Blake Griffin (leads the NBA in charges drawn, but only played 2 games and 12.5 minutes per game vs. Boston) there is a huge chance Brooklyn would have won all 4 games despite KD and Kyrie struggling.... Maybe Boston aren't legit after all.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,848

Re: Re: Khris Middleton To Miss Entire Second Round With Grade 2 MCL Sprain 

Post#8 » by Beethoven » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:15 pm

nah. i'd say theyre legit.
good teams sometimes only play up to their opponent's level unfortunately.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,219

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:46 pm

ben10simmons wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Unfortunate. Still going to be a tough series. I do see Boston coming out on top in this one. Boston right now just really legit.

But look how close all 4 of those games were vs. Brooklyn. If Nash had played Blake Griffin (leads the NBA in charges drawn, but only played 2 games and 12.5 minutes per game vs. Boston) there is a huge chance Brooklyn would have won all 4 games despite KD and Kyrie struggling.... Maybe Boston aren't legit after all.

LOL... BRK got swept and it's Nash's fault because he didn't realize that Griffin was the X factor. :lol:
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,134

Post#10 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:25 pm

ben10simmons wrote:

Let me get this right. You, a person who apparently watches basketball, actually believe that if the Nets had given more PT to busted-ass Blake Griffin, who was absolutely gassed after 12.5 minutes of play, the Nets likely would have swept the Celtics.

cam24thomas
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by cam24thomas » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:28 am

hickfromfrenchlick wrote:
ben10simmons wrote:

Let me get this right. You, a person who apparently watches basketball, actually believe that if the Nets had given more PT to busted-ass Blake Griffin, who was absolutely gassed after 12.5 minutes of play, the Nets likely would have swept the Celtics.

Brooklyn would have definitely won at least 3 of the games if Griffin had even played 20 minutes per game. Instead he only played TWO games and 12.5 minutes pr game.
Look at the margins of each game = 1, 7, 6, 4 (and Brooklyn led for most of Game 2, despite losing by 7).
And look how much of a liability Drummond was, total liability.
Give all (or even half of) Drummond's 15mpg to Griffin, and Brooklyn win.

Griffin was in Nash's doghouse all season, and Nets fans were constantly complaining about it all year, and it was the biggest mistake Nash ever made.
There was never any sign of Griffin being "gassed".

It was all about Nash being completely oblivious to defense and chemistry, because he thought Griffin's inconsistent shooting would impede Brooklyn, when in fact even Kyrie and KD's poor shooting in the playoffs wouldn't have cost them the series if they'd just had 3 or 4 more minutes of high IQ play from the center position.

Griffin wouldn't need big time minutes, just play him for 5 more minutes per game (whereas he didn't play a single minute in Game 1 when Brooklyn lost on the buzzer).
He played 17 minutes per game on the regular season..... and in the playoffs he played only 12.5 minutes (and 2 games) despite never showing any sign of being gassed in the regular season.
OogaBooga
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#12 » by OogaBooga » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:35 am

I'll give you one theoretical Brooklyn win: if they didn't have a player than went 1 for 11 at the free throw line and set a new playoff record for consec ft misses.

**** I'll give you two! if kd played defense at the end of game 1 and if kyrie didn't try to play hero ball just to try to make a statement to Boston fans the possession prior to tatums buzzer beater layup win. dude got selfish and wasted the entire shot clock trying to be the hero and celts d smothered him.

ben10simmons wrote:
ben10simmons wrote:But look how close all 4 of those games were vs. Brooklyn. If Nash had played Blake Griffin (leads the NBA in charges drawn, but only played 2 games and 12.5 minutes per game vs. Boston) there is a huge chance Brooklyn would have won all 4 games despite KD and Kyrie struggling.... Maybe Boston aren't legit after all.

Brooklyn would have definitely won at least 3 of the games if Griffin had even played 20 minutes per game. Instead he only played TWO games and 12.5 minutes pr game.
Look at the margins of each game = 1, 7, 6, 4 (and Brooklyn led for most of Game 2, despite losing by 7).

Griffin was in Nash's doghouse all season, and Nets fans were constantly complaining about it all year, and it was the biggest mistake Nash ever made.

It was all about Nash being completely oblivious to defense and chemistry, because he thought Griffin's inconsistent shooting would impede Brooklyn, when in fact even Kyrie and KD's poor shooting in the playoffs wouldn't have cost them the series if they'd just had 3 or 4 more minutes of high IQ play from the center position.

Griffin wouldn't need big time minutes, just play him for 5 more minutes per game (whereas he didn't play a single minute in Game 1 when Brooklyn lost on the buzzer).
He played 17 minutes per game on the regular season..... and in the playoffs he played only 12.5 minutes (and 2 games) despite never showing any sign of being gassed in the regular season.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,238

Post#13 » by LewisnotMiller » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:42 am

OogaBooga wrote:I'll give you one theoretical Brooklyn win: if they didn't have a player than went 1 for 11 at the free throw line and set a new playoff record for consec ft misses.

**** I'll give you two! if kd played defense at the end of game 1 and if kyrie didn't try to play hero ball just to try to make a statement to Boston fans the possession prior to tatums buzzer beater layup win. dude got selfish and wasted the entire shot clock trying to be the hero and celts d smothered him.

ben10simmons wrote:

Sure...if they made more free throws and played better D they mighta won some games. Because that would have made them a better team than they actually proved to be.
cam24thomas
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by cam24thomas » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:05 am

LewisnotMiller wrote:
OogaBooga wrote:I'll give you one theoretical Brooklyn win: if they didn't have a player than went 1 for 11 at the free throw line and set a new playoff record for consec ft misses.

ben10simmons wrote:Brooklyn would have definitely won at least 3 of the games if Griffin had even played 20 minutes per game. Instead he only played TWO games and 12.5 minutes pr game.

Sure...if they made more free throws and played better D they mighta won some games. Because that would have made them a better team than they actually proved to be.

Nash is the reason why they weren't better, and I've never seen anyone agree with his substitutions, also his lack of timeouts at important times :o
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,238

Post#15 » by LewisnotMiller » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:25 pm

ben10simmons wrote:
LewisnotMiller wrote:

Nash is the reason why they weren't better, and I've never seen anyone agree with his substitutions, also his lack of timeouts at important times :o

He was certainly A reason. But the coach is part of the team. I really don't understand trying to claim some weird theoretical victory in a series where the Nets were swept.

For what it's worth I think it's entirely possible they come back stronger next year and make a run. Not a certainty, but possible.
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,134

Post#16 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:22 am

LewisnotMiller wrote:
ben10simmons wrote:
LewisnotMiller wrote:

He was certainly A reason. But the coach is part of the team. I really don't understand trying to claim some weird theoretical victory in a series where the Nets were swept.

For what it's worth I think it's entirely possible they come back stronger next year and make a run. Not a certainty, but possible.

Our team swept his and this dude is saying his team would’ve swept ours if Broke Blake played more. That is plain laughable.

You can always argue something in hindsight. That was humiliation.

Return to Wiretap Discussion