Karl-Anthony Towns: Things Will Happen This Summer

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Karl-Anthony Towns: Things Will Happen This Summer 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:40 pm

The Minnesota Timberwolves may have fallen in six games to the Memphis Grizzlies, but Karl-Anthony Towns remains bullish on his team's future. When asked about signing an extension with the Wolves, Towns was hopeful it would get done.

“I love this city. So, obviously things will happen this summer. When they happen, they happen. I've been here so long. I don’t like making prophecies. I’ll let it come if it comes. And if it comes, it comes, then we’ll deal with it when it comes," Towns said. "Just take every day, I’ve been here long enough to know that everyday things can change, so just be happy with where everything is at right now."

Towns added that he was tired from a tough, physical series. But that he's appreciative of the support he had this season.

“These guys did a lot for me coaching staff, teammates, this city, these fans," Towns said. "Just extremely honored to be in this position, to be wearing this jersey, representing the city and the state."

Via Dane Moore/Blue Wire

Mikchek
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Re: Karl-Anthony Towns: Things Will Happen This Summer 

Post#2 » by Mikchek » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:15 pm

Your freakin hero ball is what caused us to lose :banghead:
cam24thomas
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,166

Post#3 » by cam24thomas » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:47 pm

His shots were so messy :x
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#4 » by br7knicks » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:35 pm

feel bad that he lost his mother and family.

but dude is a bitch. twolves will never win anything with him as their number 1 guy. they miss butler. only chance they had at being decent.

RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#5 » by arkuo » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:36 pm

Yes, like Malik Beasley doing time in prison.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,063

Post#6 » by Lockdown504090 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:32 pm

he needs to learn how to move his feet and defend without fouling, thats what the wolves need.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,423

Post#7 » by shrink » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:49 pm

I thought the title was clickbait. Towns is an easy player to dislike, with his fouling, whining about calls, etc. But as much as people bag on his flaws, he has been constantly inserted into titles which suggest he might be able to be grabbed by teams like LAL, NYK, or any other team that encourages fans to open the thread. For the series, Towns had a TS of 64.2%, 22 PPG, 11 RPG, 2 BPG, 45.5% 3P, and his defense is certainly improved.

Yes, he’s very frustrating because he’s so emotional, he makes mistakes, and he leaves his arms out to draw a lot of fouls. On the other hand, MIN would not have jumped from 23 wins to 46 this season without him. He’ll soon be MIN’s #2 behind Anthony Edwards, but that’s quite a #2. He has expressed nothing but loyalty to the Wolves through many dreadful seasons, so “things will happen this summer” doesn’t imply that he will demand a trade to each poster’s favorite team.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,423

Post#8 » by shrink » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:52 pm

arkuo wrote:Yes, like Malik Beasley doing time in prison.

Your take is two years out of date, but hey, at least you remembered something about Minnesota.

Nice job. Thanks for your contributions. Any insight on whether Jimmy Butler will demand a trade off the Wolves?
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:15 pm

shrink wrote:I thought the title was clickbait. Towns is an easy player to dislike, with his fouling, whining about calls, etc. But as much as people bag on his flaws, he has been constantly inserted into titles which suggest he might be able to be grabbed by teams like LAL, NYK, or any other team that encourages fans to open the thread. For the series, Towns had a TS of 64.2%, 22 PPG, 11 RPG, 2 BPG, 45.5% 3P, and his defense is certainly improved.

Yes, he’s very frustrating because he’s so emotional, he makes mistakes, and he leaves his arms out to draw a lot of fouls. On the other hand, MIN would not have jumped from 23 wins to 46 this season without him. He’ll soon be MIN’s #2 behind Anthony Edwards, but that’s quite a #2. He has expressed nothing but loyalty to the Wolves through many dreadful seasons, so “things will happen this summer” doesn’t imply that he will demand a trade to each poster’s favorite team.

A big part of Anthony Edwards' success has been KAT pulling opposing bigs out to the perimeter. And KAT drew a hard double on just about every catch inside the 3pt line. Edwards had so much room to operate. I don't know who will be perceived as the better player a year from now, but those two need each other to be their best selves.

Coaching is really where I see room for some potential growth. A better coach would have exploited all those doubles by MEM. Even just hiring the right assistant coach could unlock some things there.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#10 » by DoItALL9 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:23 pm

br7knicks wrote:feel bad that he lost his mother and family.

but dude is a bitch. twolves will never win anything with him as their number 1 guy. they miss butler. only chance they had at being decent.

Anthony Edwards can/will be their #1 guy. It's not a stretch to say he could be better than Jimmy Butler.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#11 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun May 1, 2022 12:20 am

DoItALL9 wrote:

Anthony Edward can be their #1 guy. It's not a stretch to say he could be better than Jimmy Butler

Nobody misses Butler. Life is too short to surround yourself with people with attitude problems. CHI, MIN and PHI all waved goodby. It won't be long before MIA is driving him to the airport.

KAT isn't the Wolves' problem. The Wolves are KAT's problem. That organization is broke. I wish KAT well but I have very little faith that MIN will make two good decisions in a row.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,232

Post#12 » by LewisnotMiller » Sun May 1, 2022 1:53 am

Good to hear. He'll be a good #2 for them. He's not a good #1, but Edwards has the potential to become that. If Minny is going anywhere, that's how.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#13 » by br7knicks » Sun May 1, 2022 2:13 am

DoItALL9 wrote:

Anthony Edward can be their #1 guy. It's not a stretch to say he could be better than Jimmy Butler

yeah, edwards looked good
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Mikchek
Sixth Man
And1: 5

Post#14 » by Mikchek » Sun May 1, 2022 3:33 am

I don't think KAT is a "problem" I think his lack of discipline and ego is.
many of those games were very winnable but his decision making and
jacking up 30 foot 3s really hurt us.

Both him and Edwards tried to play hero ball at the wrong times.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#15 » by Temuhjan » Mon May 2, 2022 3:32 am

KAT needs a partner to cover the high post. A vet PG to help direct traffic will also go a long way (Ricky, we need you back).

Return to Wiretap Discussion