Re: Pistons, Pacers, Spurs Interested In Collin Sexton

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Pistons, Pacers, Spurs Interested In Collin Sexton 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 1, 2022 4:55 pm

The Detroit Pistons and Indiana Pacers are considered the "biggest threats" to sign Collin Sexton away from the Cleveland Cavaliers, according to reporting from Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com.

The San Antonio Spurs also have "some Sexton fans in their front office."

The Cavaliers had a highly successful season despite losing Sexton early on with a torn meniscus. 

The Cavaliers would like to sign Sexton to a contract in the $15 million to $18 million range, while his camp is seeking $18 million to $22 million per season. Cleveland is skeptical there is a team out there that will be willing to pay Sexton more than $20 million per season.

Via Chris Fedor/Cleveland Plain Dealer

Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#2 » by Invictus88 » Wed Jun 1, 2022 5:51 pm

I love how whoever created this Wiretap article title translated:

are considered the "biggest threats"

into

Interested In

I'm sorry. One doesn't equate to the other and is basically a lie at this point without additional confirmation.

Blatant clickbait attempt.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,305

Post#3 » by hippesthippo » Wed Jun 1, 2022 9:06 pm

No way Detroit wants him.
gmehl1977
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#4 » by gmehl1977 » Wed Jun 1, 2022 10:55 pm

Invictus88 wrote:I love how whoever created this Wiretap article title translated:

into

Interested In

I'm sorry. One doesn't equate to the other and is basically a lie at this point without additional confirmation.

The only reason they mention Detroit as being interested / threat is because they have the most cap space to spend. It's kind of like saying water is wet or grass is green.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#5 » by Invictus88 » Wed Jun 1, 2022 11:06 pm

gmehl1977 wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:I love how whoever created this Wiretap article title translated:

into

Interested In

The only reason they mention Detroit as being interested / threat is because they have the most cap space to spend. It's kind of like saying water is wet or grass is green.

Just because Bill Gates has billions of dollars to spend doesn't mean he is interested buying a turnip farm that happens to for sale.

Is Detroit a threat because they have the capability to sign him to a big contract? Sure.

Does that mean Detroit actually is interested in doing that? Not necessarily.

There's no sources in the article actually linking someone from the Pistons organization or even someone second-hand as saying Detroit has had any thoughts of signing Collin Sexton. It's not mentioned in the article at all.
gmehl1977
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#6 » by gmehl1977 » Thu Jun 2, 2022 12:26 am

Invictus88 wrote:
gmehl1977 wrote:

into

Just because Bill Gates has billions of dollars to spend doesn't mean he is interested buying a turnip farm that happens to for sale.

Is Detroit a threat because they have the capability to sign him to a big contract? Sure.

Does that mean Detroit actually is interested in doing that? Not necessarily.

There's no sources in the article actually linking someone from the Pistons organization or even someone second-hand as saying Detroit has had any thoughts of signing Collin Sexton. It's not mentioned in the article at all.

The same person that wrote the article probably thinks Stan Van Gundy is still the GM :crazy:
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,077

Post#7 » by mihaic » Thu Jun 2, 2022 12:54 am

According to this article, they should just meet and sign for exactly 18 mil as both sides are agreeable to it :)

It is clearly made up lol.

Return to Wiretap Discussion