Re: Bradley Beal: I'm Going To Be Where I Feel I Can Win

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Bradley Beal: I'm Going To Be Where I Feel I Can Win 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:26 pm

Bradley Beal is set to enter free agency in just a few weeks. Beal admitted that there's anxiety that comes with that part of his career journey.

“Obviously, I consider my family. What do they wanna do? Where do they wanna live? What are they comfortable with?” Beal said. “And, obviously, the team. So, it is surreal in a lot of ways to be in the position I am in. It is crazy numbers. It is what it is. It’s uncontrollable. It’s out of my control. But I’m blessed to be here. Again, I don’t shy away from that. I take it on with a full front and I have to do what’s best for me. There is a little anxiety because I have to make the decision and time is counting down. We’re in June now. But it’s fun to be in this position.”

Beal said his decision to re-sign with the Washington Wizards or leave the only franchise he's known will come down to winning.

“I know what my decision will be based off of, and that’s gonna be where I feel like I can win. That’s going to be my decision,” Beal said. “If I feel like I can win in DC, that’s what I’m gonna do. I want people to respect that."

Via Taylor Rooks/Bleacher Report

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:34 pm

Oh Ok, because I've just been sitting here for five years reading how you wanted to be loyal to a billionaire who only cares about money. But now you want to win. Ok, great. Let's see you do it.

Let's see billionaires make money and players win. Let's see that.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:01 pm

I'm tired of hearing Beal and Lillard talk. Stay put and be forgotten, or leave and maybe be immortalized as a champion.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#4 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:23 pm

TheCage4 wrote:I'm tired of hearing Beal and Lillard talk. Stay put and be forgotten, or leave and maybe be immortalized as a champion.

Yeah Harden chasing rings is working out great for him. I have more respect for the guys that stay put like Dirk.
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,831

Post#5 » by TravisScott55 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:31 pm

He's taking those 240 m's from Washington.
balla4lyf23
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#6 » by balla4lyf23 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:39 pm

TheCage4 wrote:I'm tired of hearing Beal and Lillard talk. Stay put and be forgotten, or leave and maybe be immortalized as a champion.

why does it bother you? i fail to understand
KenoP13
Junior
And1: 176

Post#7 » by KenoP13 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:43 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:

Yeah Harden chasing rings is working out great for him. I have more respect for the guys that stay put like Dirk.

I don't think Beal and Lillard are eating a bag of tootsie rolls every day during the offseason.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#8 » by kenwood3333 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:12 pm

Getting overpaid is already a form of winning.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,140

Post#9 » by Hal14 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:47 pm

Beal is coming to Boston
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
ozthegap
Senior
And1: 159

Post#10 » by ozthegap » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:51 pm

He’s going to sign with Washington and then force his way out and nobody will be surprised except the “analysts”
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#11 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:42 pm

Hal14 wrote:Beal is coming to Boston

Boston has zero need for Beal.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#12 » by alienpick » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:02 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:Oh Ok, because I've just been sitting here for five years reading how you wanted to be loyal to a billionaire who only cares about money. But now you want to win. Ok, great. Let's see you do it.

Let's see billionaires make money and players win. Let's see that.

Jealous much of other people having money?

His loyalty is to the fans, and his coworkers (teammates/coaching/franchise workers), not a singular person. Grow up.
Sweet Meat Lew
Sophomore
And1: 44

Post#13 » by Sweet Meat Lew » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:27 pm

Can't fathom why the wiz would consider maxing him. Sign and trade is the best I can do.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#14 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:32 pm

Welcome to Boston Bradley....
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,140

Post#15 » by Hal14 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:44 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:

Um, Boston's need for Beal is to win games. Beal is a top 20 player in the league. Every team in the league could use a guy like that lol
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#16 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:21 pm

Hal14 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Um, Boston's need for Beal is to win games. Beal is a top 20 player in the league. Every team in the league could use a guy like that lol

They already have two wings better than him. I don’t think he is a top 20 player either.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 103

Post#17 » by dubbmotta » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:40 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:

I don’t think any NBA player cares who you respect and not, end of day they should do what makes them happy just like you should…
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#18 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:25 pm

dubbmotta wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

I don’t think any NBA player cares who you respect and not, end of day they should do what makes them happy just like you should…

True, but most fans nowadays just want to see super teams. I think it ruins the sport when all the elite talent just clumps together. If Beal and Lillard are happy where they are it is better for the sport.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 103

Post#19 » by dubbmotta » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:38 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
dubbmotta wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

True, but most fans nowadays just want to see super teams. I think it ruins the sport when all the elite talent just clumps together. If Beal and Lillard are happy where they are it is better for the sport.

We have to ask, when’s the last time a super team won a ship? Two teams in the finals were built through the draft, Bucks wasn’t a super team, Lakers bubble chip wasn’t a super team, year before that Raptors wasn’t a super team…
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#20 » by LaRance » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:08 pm

Beal could be a good fit on the 76ers. That would make them instant Championship contender's for sure.

Return to Wiretap Discussion