Kings Acquire Kevin Huerter From Hawks For Justin Holiday, Mo Harkless, First Round Pick

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kings Acquire Kevin Huerter From Hawks For Justin Holiday, Mo Harkless, First Round Pick 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 1, 2022 5:11 pm

The Atlanta Hawks have agreed to trade Kevin Huerter to the Sacramento Kings for Justin Holiday, Mo Harkless and a future first round pick. 

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 516

Re: Kings Acquire Kevin Huerter From Hawks For Justin Holiday, Mo Harkless, First Round Pick 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 5:30 pm

That seems like a very underwhelming return for Huerter.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Re: Kings Acquire Kevin Huerter From Hawks For Justin Holiday, Mo Harkless, First Round Pick 

Post#3 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jul 1, 2022 6:14 pm

TheCage4 wrote:That seems like a very underwhelming return for Huerter.

Agreed.

And now the poor guy has to possibly play 4 years in his prime in Sacramento, CA. :cry:
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,962

Post#4 » by Cassius » Fri Jul 1, 2022 6:35 pm

What the hell was the point of getting Murray if you're not going to keep as many floor spacers around him?

EDIT: And Heurter deserves waaaay better than this. I'm sure Bogi let him know how much it sucks over there.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#5 » by CobraCommander » Fri Jul 1, 2022 6:36 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:That seems like a very underwhelming return for Huerter.

Agreed.

And now the poor guy has to possibly play 4 years in his prime in Sacramento, CA. :cry:

Was thinking the same thing ...huerter can shoot and has heart...bad move I think
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,298

Post#6 » by hippesthippo » Fri Jul 1, 2022 6:43 pm

For whatever reason my personal opinion [and it seems like most others on RealGM] on Kevin Huerter is much higher than what Atlanta, and apparently the rest of the NBA, thinks of him.

I don't get it. At one point he looked like the Hawks version of Klay Thompson. What happened?
New_Hawks_Era
Junior
And1: 233

Post#7 » by New_Hawks_Era » Fri Jul 1, 2022 6:47 pm

Yes very underwhelming, bright side is at least he has a chance to make the team with his brother Aaron. Justin that is. And also Mo is a decent bench piece at best.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#8 » by TimeisIllmatic » Fri Jul 1, 2022 7:46 pm

Seems like a salary clearing move. Let's see what the Hawks do next.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,621

Post#9 » by Psubs » Fri Jul 1, 2022 8:34 pm

Murray would start beside Trae so Huerter off the bench isn't something they want so got the best 1st pick I suppose.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#10 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jul 2, 2022 2:03 am

hippesthippo wrote:I don't get it. At one point he looked like the Hawks version of Klay Thompson. What happened?

Hawks signed Bogdan Bogdanovic, traded for DeJounte Murray and drafted AJ Griffin.

Huerter was simply the odd man out.

Return to Wiretap Discussion