Nets In Consistent Contact With Suns, Heat On Kevin Durant Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Nets In Consistent Contact With Suns, Heat On Kevin Durant Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 4, 2022 2:39 am

Kevin Durant requested a trade from the Brooklyn Nets on June 30th and while discussions are ongoing, a resolution does not appear to be imminent.

"Two of the teams that Kevin Durant would like to play with: the Phoenix Suns, the Miami Heat, they have both been in pretty consistent contact, I'm told," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "I think both teams, individually, may not have enough to do a deal with Brooklyn without being able to go out and move some pieces around in three-team, four-team trades. 

"I think for Brooklyn, I think they're even more determined after they see the Rudy Gobert trade, the Dejounte Murray trade, the number of picks and assets moving... Five first round picks, essentially, for Rudy Gobert... What's Kevin Durant worth?

"I think Brooklyn is going to try to exhaust four, five first round picks, four pick swaps in it, but also at least an All-Star level player. You look at who's available, how they get those deals done, they're generally going to be complex deals and will take time putting together, but Brooklyn knows they have time on their side now not just the offseason, but Kevin Durant has four years left on his contract. Brooklyn will talk  throughout the league and get what they know has to be a monumental deal if they're going to trade Kevin Durant."

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

eureca20
Junior
And1: 81

Re: Nets In Consistent Contact With Suns, Heat On Kevin Durant Trade 

Post#2 » by eureca20 » Mon Jul 4, 2022 11:25 am

I don't really get how Heat are even in the talks. They don't seem to have an offer that can compete. Lowry is a negative contract. Butler needs to be there to play with KD and doesn't fit into Brooklyn's rebuild. You don't want to trade a disgruntled star player for another one.

That leaves Bam. He is the only worthwhile player on the Heat for a big trade like this. Problem is because of an odd rule they can't receive Bam without trading Ben Simmons away.

It just doesn't add up. At least 1 of Butler, Bam or Lowry have to be in the trade to make the salaries work. You can trade Lowry to a third team, but it's not as if anybody would give you anything of value for him. If anything you might have to send draft picks so someone would take him.

Even if you don't love Ayton. I rather just take Ayton/Bridges/Cam and picks then what the Heat can offer. Trade Ayton at a later time.
ImOnFire
Freshman
And1: 14

Re: Nets In Consistent Contact With Suns, Heat On Kevin Durant Trade 

Post#3 » by ImOnFire » Tue Jul 5, 2022 4:56 am

eureca20 wrote:I don't really get how Heat are even in the talks. They don't seem to have an offer that can compete. Lowry is a negative contract. Butler needs to be there to play with KD and doesn't fit into Brooklyn's rebuild. You don't want to trade a disgruntled star player for another one.

That leaves Bam. He is the only worthwhile player on the Heat for a big trade like this. Problem is because of an odd rule they can't receive Bam without trading Ben Simmons away.

It just doesn't add up. At least 1 of Butler, Bam or Lowry have to be in the trade to make the salaries work. You can trade Lowry to a third team, but it's not as if anybody would give you anything of value for him. If anything you might have to send draft picks so someone would take him.

Even if you don't love Ayton. I rather just take Ayton/Bridges/Cam and picks then what the Heat can offer. Trade Ayton at a later time.

I think they're in the same situation wit Ayton as Bam, they'd have to send Ayton to a 3rd team.

Return to Wiretap Discussion