Blazers Set To Waive Eric Bledsoe

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Blazers Set To Waive Eric Bledsoe 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 6, 2022 3:51 pm

The Portland Trail Blazers will waive Eric Bledsoe ahead of his approaching guarantee date.

Bledsoe is expected to receive interest from a number of teams once he clears waivers.

Bledsoe is coming off a four-year, $70 million extension signed with the Milwaukee Bucks in March of 2019 ahead of his free agency. The Bucks traded Bledsoe to the New Orleans Pelicans in 2020 as part of the Jrue Holiday trade. Bledsoe was subsequently traded to the Los Angeles Clippers and then to the Blazers. 

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Re: Blazers Set To Waive Eric Bledsoe 

Post#2 » by LaRance » Wed Jul 6, 2022 5:07 pm

Bledsoe is done
bqmuzik
Junior
And1: 62

Post#3 » by bqmuzik » Wed Jul 6, 2022 5:15 pm

Im a Clippers fan and was a big Bledsoe guy during his rookie year and was even semi-excited when we got him back...but he's not very good anymore. I dont think he contributes much to winning since the Clippers, Suns and Bucks all got better after trading him. I can see Lebron selling him that snake oil to take the minimum since he got 5M guaranteed after being waived, but he is just not very good anymore.
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 76

Post#4 » by elmdawgg69 » Wed Jul 6, 2022 7:21 pm

Warriors will sign him for minimum to replace Payton
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,949

Post#5 » by Cassius » Wed Jul 6, 2022 10:12 pm

I'd be happy with him backing up Van Vleet in Toronto. I'm sure he's lost quite a few steps but he's at least sound as a pressure defender.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Wiretap Discussion