Magic Shut Down Paolo Banchero For Rest Of Summer League

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Magic Shut Down Paolo Banchero For Rest Of Summer League 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:23 am

The Orlando Magic decided to shut down Paolo Banchero for the rest of summer league after playing two games.

"I want to give these other guys an opportunity to play, to kind of be able to show what they're capable of doing," said Magic coach Jamahl Mosley on the decision.

Banchero averaged 20 points, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds over his two games.

The team is also expected to shut down Admiral Schofield and R.J. Hampton for the rest of competition.

Banchero said he was happy with his performance overall.

"I was happy with the way I played but there was a lot I could improve on. The second game I had a lot of turnovers. Just getting in even better shape. I felt like, those were my first two games, so just build my wind back up. But overall, I think I did pretty good."

Via ESPN

niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Re: Magic Shut Down Paolo Banchero For Rest Of Summer League 

Post#2 » by niha17 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:31 am

Quite simply a magic move can't get any dumber people go down to Summer League to see this kid play and you sit him after one game the magic are the most pathetic organization in basketball right now they shouldn't even be allowed to make draft picks
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 166

Post#3 » by wizkid27 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:52 am

niha17 wrote:Quite simply a magic move can't get any dumber people go down to Summer League to see this kid play and you sit him after one game the magic are the most pathetic organization in basketball right now they shouldn't even be allowed to make draft picks

It's not like summer league has a huge fan attendance relative the total population of fans... if they feel like the best decision for his development and preparation is to sit him because he's easily proven to be above the competition in summer league - then you go for it.
alphatron10
Senior
And1: 366

Post#4 » by alphatron10 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:53 am

niha17 wrote:Quite simply a magic move can't get any dumber people go down to Summer League to see this kid play and you sit him after one game the magic are the most pathetic organization in basketball right now they shouldn't even be allowed to make draft picks

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. No one is going to summer league purely to watch Paolo Banchero play. Why would the Magic risk injury for him after seeing 3/8 top picks get injured after playing? Also Paolo has nothing to prove. I'd hope you're a troll but you seem genuinely stupid

Return to Wiretap Discussion