Justin Champagnie, Raptors Sign Two-Year Deal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Justin Champagnie, Raptors Sign Two-Year Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:55 pm

The Toronto Raptors have signed wing Justin Champagnie to a two-year contract for the veteran minimum. Champagnie played on a Two-Way contract with Toronto and Raptors 905 of the G League last season.

Champagnie played limited time in 36 NBA contests during his rookie year. However, he was a standout in the G League. In 14 games, Champagnie averaged 21.1 points, 8.3 rebounds, 1.2 steals and 1.1 blocks per game.

The 6-foot-6 wing out of Pittsburgh got the first season of his new deal partially guaranteed. The second season is reportedly non-guaranteed.

Via Keith Smith/Spotrac

deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,877

Re: Justin Champagnie, Raptors Sign Two-Year Deal 

Post#2 » by deeps6x » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:39 am

Hell Yeah!
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
timstrasser
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#3 » by timstrasser » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:48 am

Dude is a baller!!! Can't wait for him to play his way into the starting lineup in a couple of seasons. He has the same trajectory as Siakam.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 839

Post#4 » by Roy T » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:45 am

The real champagne papi.
ebrian
Junior
And1: 32

Post#5 » by ebrian » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:46 am

timstrasser wrote:Dude is a baller!!! Can't wait for him to play his way into the starting lineup in a couple of seasons. He has the same trajectory as Siakam.

Look, I'm a fan too but what sort of horrific injuries do you envision where Champagnie finds his way into the starting lineup??
timstrasser
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#6 » by timstrasser » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:55 pm

ebrian wrote:
timstrasser wrote:Dude is a baller!!! Can't wait for him to play his way into the starting lineup in a couple of seasons. He has the same trajectory as Siakam.

Look, I'm a fan too but what sort of horrific injuries do you envision where Champagnie finds his way into the starting lineup??

Give it a couple of seasons. He'll play his way into the starting lineup. How that happens, who knows! But the Raptors have a history of developing guys drafted late or undrafted into stars.

Return to Wiretap Discussion