Suns Not Interested In Negotiating Deandre Ayton Sign-And-Trade, Expected To Match Offer Sheet

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Suns Not Interested In Negotiating Deandre Ayton Sign-And-Trade, Expected To Match Offer Sheet 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:52 pm

The Phoenix Suns have yet to show any interest in negotiating a sign-and-trade with the Indiana Pacers for Deandre Ayton.

Ayton is expected to soon sign a four-year, $133 million offer sheet with the Pacers.

The expectation is that the Suns will match the offer sheet. Phoenix would be unable to trade Ayton before January 15th.

The Suns never offered Ayton a contract in restricted free agency.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Re: Suns Not Interested In Negotiating Deandre Ayton Sign-And-Trade, Expected To Match Offer Sheet 

Post#2 » by 23artest23 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:55 pm

I hope the Suns do match on Ayton. I preferred the way the Pacers were coming together and rebuilding before Ayton entered the picture.
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Re: Suns Not Interested In Negotiating Deandre Ayton Sign-And-Trade, Expected To Match Offer Sheet 

Post#3 » by Salty1 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:03 pm

Even if matched, he's most likely headed elsewhere by the trade deadline. Unfortunately Robert Sarver is quite the saver.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#4 » by MegaK » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:57 pm

of course they going to match and wait for a trade that benefits them bro. They used a high pick on Ayton and even though it ain't his fault that they ain't offering him the dough, they got to get something beneficial for him bro. It's just smart / good business bro. Why let a highly coveted asset go for nothing bro. Economics bro.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#5 » by agkagk » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:53 pm

Salty1 wrote:Even if matched, he's most likely headed elsewhere by the trade deadline. Unfortunately Robert Sarver is quite the saver.

Honestly, letting him walk would be the most sarver thing to do!

Kind of expecting it!
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#6 » by Elnegron » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:21 am

MegaK wrote:of course they going to match and wait for a trade that benefits them bro. They used a high pick on Ayton and even though it ain't his fault that they ain't offering him the dough, they got to get something beneficial for him bro. It's just smart / good business bro. Why let a highly coveted asset go for nothing bro. Economics bro.
ok we get it bro
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#7 » by deeps6x » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:24 am

Oh please match. Then we can have a KD to the Raptors for scraps trade.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,949

Post#8 » by Axl Rose » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:32 am

MegaK wrote:of course they going to match and wait for a trade that benefits them bro. They used a high pick on Ayton and even though it ain't his fault that they ain't offering him the dough, they got to get something beneficial for him bro. It's just smart / good business bro. Why let a highly coveted asset go for nothing bro. Economics bro.

Bro forreal Bro. Bro tell these Bros Bro.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#9 » by IWishIWasHarden » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:54 am

The Suns owner was bluffing all along and trying to save a buck. How sad. But that's what billionaire's are like: right-wing capitalists. They will milk you for all you're worth for their own self gain. And they'll do it without a care in the world for character.
big_hump
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#10 » by big_hump » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:18 am

Axl Rose wrote:

Bro forreal Bro. Bro tell these Bros Bro.

Bro... Bro was heavy on the bro usage bro... Bro while I was reading what bro said I was like brooooo bro.

Return to Wiretap Discussion