Kevin Durant Trade Situation Likely Frozen Until His Position Becomes More Clear

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Kevin Durant Trade Situation Likely Frozen Until His Position Becomes More Clear 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:19 pm

The Brooklyn Nets have added a number of supporting pieces in Royce O'Neale, T.J. Warren while re-signing Nic Claxton, Patty Mills and Kessler Edwards, which could make their supporting cast around Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving should they remain on the team next season.

"Looking at the menu of options, the Nets are kind of like 'Kyrie, Kevin, take a look here,'" said Brian Windhorst.

"What I will say is nobody knows what Kevin Durant is thinking right now. His communication with teammates and others in the league has been sparse. I don't even think the Nets have a 100 percent understanding of why Kevin asked for a trade. He spoke to the owner in Joe Tsai and gave a reason, but I'm not sure the Nets are 100 percent on the understanding of it. 

"I think the next step in this, barring a team's change of heart to meet the Nets' price, which I don't see at this point on the calendar, I think we're going to have to wait to hear from Kevin Durant about how open he is to running it back with the Nets. And here we go as everybody breaks for summer, sitting and waiting for that to happen."

Windhorst was also asked about a theory from Dave McMenamin that Durant could have requested a trade from the Nets in order to get Irving traded.

"I think there's a reaction in the league to try to fill in the gaps they don't understand. There's not a full understanding of Kevin Durant's motives here. There may be a terrifically great reason why Durant made this choice, but it hasn't been articulated anywhere. If there was a market for Kyrie Irving, that would affect the Nets' reasoning more than anything."

Windhorst also detailed that Durant and Irving were in communication during Irving's contract negotiations with the Nets in June.

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

YourGM99
Junior
And1: 63

Re: Kevin Durant Trade Situation Likely Frozen Until His Position Becomes More Clear 

Post#2 » by YourGM99 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:26 pm

KD to the Nets: Trade me.

Nets on KD: His position is not clear..
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,088

Re: Kevin Durant Trade Situation Likely Frozen Until His Position Becomes More Clear 

Post#3 » by mg » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:43 pm

From the outside it certainly seems the Nets have enough talent on paper to win a title.

Makes me think maybe KD isn't interested in playing basketball anymore.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#4 » by MegaK » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:11 pm

Yo KD a bitch ! Can't wait to get roasted on Twitter by one of his fake accounts bro.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,230

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:27 pm

That was a lot of words to say, "Nothing new to report."
SkynMan
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#6 » by SkynMan » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:35 pm

mg wrote:From the outside it certainly seems the Nets have enough talent on paper to win a title.

Lmao no the Nets do not have enough to win a title. Royce O'Neal Tj Warren ain't bringing you to the NBA finals bruh lmaoooo
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,422

Post#7 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:56 pm

Translation: Joe Tsai doesn't speak parseltongue.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#8 » by Phystic » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:55 pm

mg wrote:From the outside it certainly seems the Nets have enough talent on paper to win a title.

Or maybe winning isn't the only factor. Or maybe nets have made it clear they don't want Kyrie there so KD doesn't want to be there.

Pretty presumptuous to jump to KD doesn't want to play
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 533

Post#9 » by TheCage4 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:47 pm

KD is not worth this headache.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -V
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 467

Post#10 » by Swift21 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:42 pm

I could tell just off the headline this nonsense came from Windhorst.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,814

Post#11 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:03 pm

I believe he is a forward.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#12 » by gigantes » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:11 am

YourGM99 wrote:KD to the Nets: Trade me.

Nets on KD: His position is not clear..

More like--

KD: here's my loopy, half-baked Twitter thought of the day.

Nets: uh... are we supposed to respond to this..?

Sean Marks: Hey Kevin, what's up?

KD: *crickets*
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 143

Post#13 » by haste10176 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:12 am

Phystic wrote:

Or maybe winning isn't the only factor. Or maybe nets have made it clear they don't want Kyrie there so KD doesn't want to be there.

He wants to go to Suns or Heat and make sure they keep all there star players haha he wants to win.. Noone wants kyrie except the desperate lakers because he is a culuture killer and KD cant lead anything
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,303

Post#14 » by Darthlukey » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:43 am

haste10176 wrote:
Phystic wrote:

He wants to go to Suns or Heat and make sure they keep all there star players haha he wants to win.. Noone wants kyrie except the desperate lakers because he is a culuture killer and KD cant lead anything

By attaching the criteria KD has to the receiving team its actually made it much less likely he gets traded at all. All while still looking for the path of least resistance to a title. What is wrong with 2 of the 3 best players of this generation
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by Phystic » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:50 pm

Darthlukey wrote:
haste10176 wrote:
Phystic wrote:

By attaching the criteria KD has to the receiving team its actually made it much less likely he gets traded at all. All while still looking for the path of least resistance to a title. What is wrong with 2 of the 3 best players of this generation

Has KD actually made anything public himself? I mean there's tons of reports about this and that but has he or his agent actually come out with any of these demands? I haven't paid close enough attention.

If he hasn't then Not sure KD has done anything wrong. He requested a trade to his FO and said these teams are preferred and that's it. If the team leaked the info to media then it's their own fault.

Of course if KD or his agent have infact done it publicly then ya he's got the fault
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#16 » by cheese318 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pickled Prunes wrote:That was a lot of words to say, "Nothing new to report."
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#17 » by Darthlukey » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:04 pm

Phystic wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
haste10176 wrote:

Has KD actually made anything public himself? I mean there's tons of reports about this and that but has he or his agent actually come out with any of these demands? I haven't paid close enough attention.

If he hasn't then Not sure KD has done anything wrong. He requested a trade to his FO and said these teams are preferred and that's it. If the team leaked the info to media then it's their own fault.

Of course if KD or his agent have infact done it publicly then ya he's got the fault

Of course he is at fault. Requesting a trade publicly would be much worse. But he has requested with 4 years left on his deal after making his bed with the nets
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by Phystic » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:38 pm

Darthlukey wrote:
Phystic wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:By attaching the criteria KD has to the receiving team its actually made it much less likely he gets traded at all. All while still looking for the path of least resistance to a title. What is wrong with 2 of the 3 best players of this generation

Of course he is at fault. Requesting a trade publicly would be much worse. But he has requested with 4 years left on his deal after making his bed with the nets

So he privately requested a trade and said these teams would be preferred. Has not in any way, unless I've missed, come out and refused to play for either the nets or any other team. And yet somehow he is being blamed for perceived low offers the Nets are receiving or cornering them into only dealing with certain teams

Again, if he has come out and said any of this public then I agree he's to blame. But if he has kept it private and it's leaked then that's not his fault. If he's not happy he has the right to ask to be traded. He hasn't demanded anything
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#19 » by Darthlukey » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:48 pm

Phystic wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
Phystic wrote:

So he privately requested a trade and said these teams would be preferred. Has not in any way, unless I've missed, come out and refused to play for either the nets or any other team. And yet somehow he is being blamed for perceived low offers the Nets are receiving or cornering them into only dealing with certain teams

Again, if he has come out and said any of this public then I agree he's to blame. But if he has kept it private and it's leaked then that's not his fault. If he's not happy he has the right to ask to be traded. He hasn't demanded anything

The fact that he wants out at all, despite the manner in which it may or may not have been delivered, is appalling. He and kyrie built that team for better or worse (the nets could have said no, but that's hardly the point at this stage). KD **** that team and now he wants to leave. Live with the consequences
Phystic
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by Phystic » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:15 pm

Darthlukey wrote:
Phystic wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:Of course he is at fault. Requesting a trade publicly would be much worse. But he has requested with 4 years left on his deal after making his bed with the nets

The fact that he wants out at all, despite the manner in which it may or may not have been delivered, is appalling. He and kyrie built that team for better or worse (the nets could have said no, but that's hardly the point at this stage). KD **** that team and now he wants to leave. Live with the consequences

How did KD **** them exactly? He signed in FA didn't he? So didn't cost the Nets any assets. And they will get something when he's traded.

If anyone screwed the Nets it was Harden. Nets gave up Allen, Lavert and a ton of picks for a dude that got hurt, then refused to get in shape, then wanted out. Obviously jury still out on the return nets got in all that.

I just don't see anything wrong with what KD is doing..he hasn't tanked his value by going public, and hasn't refused to play anywhere including for the Nets.

Why is it ok for teams to constantly try to trade players like Myles Turner but not ok for a player to ask to be traded?

Return to Wiretap Discussion