Six Teams Have Joined Knicks In Pursuit Of Donovan Mitchell

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Six Teams Have Joined Knicks In Pursuit Of Donovan Mitchell 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:27 pm

The New York Knicks are known to be a suitor for Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell. As many as six other teams have joined the Knicks in pursuit of Mitchell.

The Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets, Miami Heat, Sacramento Kings, Toronto Raptors and Washington Wizards have all talked Mitchell trades with Utah.

The Jazz are expected to move Mitchell after trading Rudy Gobert began a rebuilding process. New York has been most connected to Utah, as the Knicks can offer a package of young players and up to eight first-round picks in a trade for the All-Star guard.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,425

Re: Six Teams Have Joined Knicks In Pursuit Of Donovan Mitchell 

Post#2 » by Knick4Real » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:36 pm

These 6 teams have an interest in Donovan Mitchell the same way the entire league has an interest in Kevin Durant.

The question is: how many of these teams can beat the KNICKS' offer??
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#3 » by MegaK » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:03 pm

If the knicks have all these assets, wtf are they doing going after Mitchell when Durant, Kyrie and possibly Simmons are available. Knicks are idiots. Break the bank on Brunson and then get another under sized guard to pair him with. WTF kind of sense does this make. How the heck is this supposed to work or help win games ? Thibs is going to pull his hair out with the lack of defense from his undersized guards. Knicks are just a miserable laughing stock of the league. When will Knicks fans learn that the only way to change this behavior is to stop watching and stop going to games. Why patronize this historically tire fire of a franchise. Honestly, I can say without exaggeration that any regular fan can do a better job than these clowns in the front office.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,817

Post#4 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:45 pm

MegaK wrote:If the knicks have all these assets, wtf are they doing going after Mitchell when Durant, Kyrie and possibly Simmons are available. Knicks are idiots. Break the bank on Brunson and then get another under sized guard to pair him with. WTF kind of sense does this make. How the heck is this supposed to work or help win games ? Thibs is going to pull his hair out with the lack of defense from his undersized guards. Knicks are just a miserable laughing stock of the league. When will Knicks fans learn that the only way to change this behavior is to stop watching and stop going to games. Why patronize this historically tire fire of a franchise. Honestly, I can say without exaggeration that any regular fan can do a better job than these clowns in the front office.

lol break the bank....hes 14th highest paid pg
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
A BETTER DJ
Sixth Man
And1: 301

Post#5 » by A BETTER DJ » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:57 pm

Knick4Real wrote:These 6 teams have an interest in Donovan Mitchell the same way the entire league has an interest in Kevin Durant.

I think only the Magic, and the FO doesn't seem to have any interest in Mitchell. The fans seem like they are 50-50.
Top notch Wedding DJ and photographer available nationwide. RealGM members Save $200 off our regular low prices!

GO MAGIC!
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,899

Post#6 » by meekrab » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:20 pm

Forgive me for thinking this smells like Ainge leaking bull to the press to put pressure on the Knicks' FO. Mitchell simply doesn't make sense on any of those other teams.

Hawks have Trae and Murray, they have no need for another short shot chucker.
Hornets would have to move Rozier to make room for Mitchell, and you know Ainge isn't gonna take that long term contract back.
Heat don't have any use for a no-defense 6'1" player.
Kings have Fox in the role Mitchell plays already. Mitchell might be a slight improvement but they're not gonna pay 4 FRP for that.
Raptors... lol if there's a GM in the league least likely to trade for a Donovan Mitchell it's Ujiri.
Wizards just re-upped Beal, they're not looking for another ball dominant star.

Just lazy reporting to un-critically present this rumor.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,658

Post#7 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:27 pm

Knick4Real wrote:These 6 teams have an interest in Donovan Mitchell the same way the entire league has an interest in Kevin Durant.

Can and would are two very different questions. 20 teams could have beaten the offer for Gobert...
browntown15
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#8 » by browntown15 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:33 pm

The Knicks will beat themselves just like the Wolves did with Gobert and they did signing Brunson to a 100M+ deal.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 100

Post#9 » by dubbmotta » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:10 pm

Hawks fan here..waste of time putting us on th is list. We have two guards, one that doesn't play D and we've traded all of our draft picks for the next several years.

And not sure how we would fit on the Wiz with Beal, both dudes need shots and both lack defense...Utah released this article to see if the Knicks will cough up more.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,659

Post#10 » by DaGawd » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:26 pm

MegaK wrote:If the knicks have all these assets, wtf are they doing going after Mitchell when Durant, Kyrie and possibly Simmons are available. Knicks are idiots. Break the bank on Brunson and then get another under sized guard to pair him with. WTF kind of sense does this make. How the heck is this supposed to work or help win games ? Thibs is going to pull his hair out with the lack of defense from his undersized guards. Knicks are just a miserable laughing stock of the league. When will Knicks fans learn that the only way to change this behavior is to stop watching and stop going to games. Why patronize this historically tire fire of a franchise. Honestly, I can say without exaggeration that any regular fan can do a better job than these clowns in the front office.

this was leaked by the jazz fo to get more out of the knicks.. plus those why the fk would anyone trade everything 34 year old post achillies injury Durant and one foot in retirement Kyrie?
BaF
Washington Wizards
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#11 » by BigTex » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:08 pm

meekrab wrote:Forgive me for thinking this smells like Ainge leaking bull to the press to put pressure on the Knicks' FO. Mitchell simply doesn't make sense on any of those other teams.

Hornets would have to move Rozier to make room for Mitchell, and you know Ainge isn't gonna take that long term contract back.
Kings have Fox in the role Mitchell plays already. Mitchell might be a slight improvement but they're not gonna pay 4 FRP for that.
Raptors... lol if there's a GM in the league least likely to trade for a Donovan Mitchell it's Ujiri.

I tend to agree with your analysis of the team's needs. However, I don't think of it as lazy reporting. Just a reporter repeating a leak from the Jazz. That's the price that reporters sometimes have to pay to get good leaks.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#12 » by deeps6x » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:15 pm

BigTex wrote:
meekrab wrote:Forgive me for thinking this smells like Ainge leaking bull to the press to put pressure on the Knicks' FO. Mitchell simply doesn't make sense on any of those other teams.

I tend to agree with your analysis of the team's needs. However, I don't think of it as lazy reporting. Just a reporter repeating a leak from the Jazz. That's the price that reporters sometimes have to pay to get good leaks.

Yeah, maybe, but come on, Raptors get thrown in as 'interested' for every player on the block. Just give it up. The Raptors don't leak anything, especially 'interest' in a player. Plus, Mitchell? Oh hell no.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#13 » by D21 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:48 pm

Don't believe anything of that.
I was first thinking "Wasn't it a news about Durant and they made an error and replaced Durant by Mitchell...?"
then "strange it comes from UTA because it looks like Ainge game", and after realizing that I forgot that Ainge was now with UTA, I'd pick Ainge playing to get more from NYK
ebrian
Junior
And1: 32

Post#14 » by ebrian » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:54 pm

deeps6x wrote:
BigTex wrote:

Yeah, maybe, but come on, Raptors get thrown in as 'interested' for every player on the block. Just give it up. The Raptors don't leak anything, especially 'interest' in a player. Plus, Mitchell? Oh hell no.

Why not? I'm sure we offered them Malachi Flynn :lol:
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#15 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:52 am

kinda funny how DM has no say in this amd Ainge is gonna just send him to wherever he wants.
Guess Ainge is still waiting on a gobert deal from Heat, raptors, kings, hawks , wizards.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,342

Post#16 » by NoStatsGuy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:15 am

knicks are getting played again. ainge just wants all those picks
im bout dat action boss

Return to Wiretap Discussion