Rival Execs Skeptical Nets Have Any Intention Of Trading Kevin Durant

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rival Execs Skeptical Nets Have Any Intention Of Trading Kevin Durant 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:47 pm

Multiple rival executives believe the asking price for Kevin Durant laid out by the Brooklyn Nets is so significant because the franchise has no intention to actually trade him.

The Nets are seeking at least one All-Star caliber player along with significant draft capital.

Brooklyn has also maintained that they're prepared to keep Durant into training camp.

Interested teams are hopeful that the Nets may ultimately have to lower its asking price.

There has so far been no indication that Durant could hold out to force a trade.

Via Jake Fischer/Bleacher Report

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Re: Rival Execs Skeptical Nets Have Any Intention Of Trading Kevin Durant 

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:43 pm

The Rockets have Eric Gordon + Kevin Porter Jr. + the Nets draft capital to deal for Durant. It's perfect for everybody.
Sweet Meat Lew
Sophomore
And1: 44

Post#3 » by Sweet Meat Lew » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:52 pm

:D :D :D :D perfect for no one. Why would he have any interest in a rebuild? Why would Rockets want to spend that much before they are ready to contend?
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,681

Post#4 » by Crunch 99 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:40 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:Multiple rival executives believe the asking price for Kevin Durant laid out by the Brooklyn Nets is so significant because the franchise has no intention to actually trade him.
The Nets are seeking at least one All-Star caliber player along with significant draft capital.
Brooklyn has also maintained that they're prepared to keep Durant into training camp.
Interested teams are hopeful that the Nets may ultimately have to lower its asking price.
There has so far been no indication that Durant could hold out to force a trade.Via Jake Fischer/Bleacher Report

I'd say be careful what you wish for to Durant. By the time Brooklyn cleans out a trading partner of assets for Durant, Durant will likely end up on a less competitive roster than he has at Brooklyn right now. With the additions of Simmons and O'neale to the Nets' roster, which greatly improves their defense, the Nets have enough to contend. If Sean Marks doesn't get an offer for a massive haul for Durant this summer, Brooklyn should bring Durant to camp on the long shot gamble that Durant wakes up and recognizes that he has an opportunity to succeed in Brooklyn.

I know Boston allegedly made a strong offer for Durant, but I don't see Marks making it much easier for division rival Celtics to win a title. I think Marks will likely stick to his reported demand to get both Brown and Smart plus lots of picks.

Return to Wiretap Discussion