Aleksej Pokusevski, Nikola Jovic Not Allowed To Play In EuroBasket

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Aleksej Pokusevski, Nikola Jovic Not Allowed To Play In EuroBasket 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Aug 4, 2022 5:11 am

Aleksej Pokusevski and Nikola Jovic were not given permission by the Oklahoma City Thunder and Miami Heat to represent Serbia at EuroBasket.

Bogdan Bogdanovic was also not called up due to his recovery from knee surgery. 

Nikola Jokic will play in the tournament, which begins on September 1. 

Via Johnny Askounis/Eurohoops.net

iserp
Junior
And1: 99

Re: Aleksej Pokusevski, Nikola Jovic Not Allowed To Play In EuroBasket 

Post#2 » by iserp » Thu Aug 4, 2022 12:40 pm

Disgraceful on OKC and Miami
Machiavelli99
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Machiavelli99 » Thu Aug 4, 2022 2:18 pm

iserp wrote:Disgraceful on OKC and Miami

Disagree. This was negotiated by both owners and players in the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Normally I would be the first to throw Miami under the bus... but in this case I understand the logic behind having fresh rookie Jovic and 2nd year Yurtseven put in the work with the team instead of away in Europe, given that they need to find a way to divide minutes among them to replace key glue-guy PJ Tucker. Among other things.
gabri3l3
Junior
And1: 468

Post#4 » by gabri3l3 » Thu Aug 4, 2022 9:53 pm

Machiavelli99 wrote:

Disagree. This was negotiated by both owners and players in the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Normally I would be the first to throw Miami under the bus... but in this case I understand the logic behind having fresh rookie Jovic and 2nd year Yurtseven put in the work with the team instead of away in Europe, given that they need to find a way to divide minutes among them to replace key glue-guy PJ Tucker. Among other things.

It would be way better for their game to play in a real and meaningful competition rather than dunk on a 5'9'' trainer
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#5 » by Elnegron » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:28 am

gabri3l3 wrote:
Machiavelli99 wrote:

It would be way better for their game to play in a real and meaningful competition rather than dunk on a 5'9'' trainer
lmao u don't know how heat best development team in the nba operate. Besides u don't know if he is part of a trade once moratorium clears. If he gets hurt, heat ****

Return to Wiretap Discussion