Nets Signal Kyrie Irving Won't Be Traded

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Nets Signal Kyrie Irving Won't Be Traded 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:50 pm

With the Brooklyn Nets hoping to keep Kevin Durant heading into the 22-23 season unless the trade packages they receive improve dramatically, they have signaled they plan to keep Kyrie Irving, sources tell Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Irving has been working out with teammates while also holding constructive dialogue with the organization.

The Nets want to see what their team looks like with Irving and Durant joined by Ben Simmons, while they will also see Joe Harris return from injury.

The Los Angeles Lakers have been the team with the strongest interest in Irving.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Re: Nets Signal Kyrie Irving Won't Be Traded 

Post#2 » by kacey ring » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:43 pm

Hoping for the best for these guys, but I feel a train wreck coming.
slay25
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#3 » by slay25 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:55 pm

this is all repeated PR for the fact both of them want to be out and no one is giving the Nets a massive haul
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,341

Post#4 » by Lalouie » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:55 pm

kacey ring wrote:Hoping for the best for these guys, but I feel a train wreck coming.

trainwreck? with kyrie?

nawwww

here is the good part. kyrie knows his value is fkkked and he will try to repair it. that's why he's been so cordial and amenable lately.

when buchner reported that kyrie wanted 60games and no back to back, a report that kyrie refuted, kyrie also said "When you’re ready to Break free from the media’s control over your subconscious thoughts and emotions, meet me on One of my platforms and let’s chop it up. We the A11Even tribe love our conversations about the TRUTH and what is truly happening.
Welcome to the PARADIGM SHIFT"

whether one believes buchner, can be retorted with whether ones believes kyrie

but "welcome to the paradigm shift" sounds like a HI SPEED trainwreck to me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,245

Post#5 » by Red8911 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:00 pm

Wonder what the “signal” was ? These writers are ridiculous.
FrodoFraggins
Pro Prospect
And1: 564

Post#6 » by FrodoFraggins » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:48 pm

Hopefully BKN can read the tea leaves with Kyrie better than the Celtics did. Get something for him at the trade deadline if you think he's gonna bail
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#7 » by gigantes » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:14 pm

slay25 wrote:this is all repeated PR for the fact both of them want to be out and no one is giving the Nets a massive haul

For Kyrie in particular. KD's a different story, as things can potentially ramp up down the road, closer to the trade deadline.

I'm guessing the Nets' problem with a Lakers trade is that even for the '27 & '29 picks directly, they want no part of Westbrook. Then there's the problem of salary-matching. Also, those picks are so far down the road that I think it hurts their value and makes them somewhat unpredictable. Who knows if Marks is still around, then? Who even knows about Tsai?

Red8911 wrote:Wonder what the “signal” was ? These writers are ridiculous.

Nah, this is just SOP.

The Nets probably aren't interested in the Lakers' offer, but that's not something to hold a press conference over, and there's a better way than calling up all 28 other teams to give an update. That's to use a preferred national writer to get the message out. The 'source' is likely a Marks underling, someone that the writer is comfortable and familiar with.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,074

Post#8 » by dougthonus » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:17 pm

slay25 wrote:this is all repeated PR for the fact both of them want to be out and no one is giving the Nets a massive haul

He's on a one year deal and is too flaky and injury prone to count on for a big deal with a new team. The Lakers offering their 2 1sts for him was a massive haul and as much as they could ever expect.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,604

Post#9 » by HiRez » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:34 pm

Translation: no one wants him or is willing to give up anything of value for him, but we're still trying to move him.
chipchipperson
Junior
And1: 80

Post#10 » by chipchipperson » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:23 am

dougthonus wrote:

He's on a one year deal and is too flaky and injury prone to count on for a big deal with a new team. The Lakers offering their 2 1sts for him was a massive haul and as much as they could ever expect.

As volatile and good at basketball as he is that's not a given. Even if your job's on the line the best bet is still to do whatever you can to get these two cornballs on the court together and hope for the best. Especially if russ and two firsts conveying half a decade from now and blowing it up entirely when no one wants to pay for kd is the alternative.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#11 » by cheese318 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:59 am

gigantes wrote:

For Kyrie in particular. KD's a different story, as things can potentially ramp up down the road, closer to the trade deadline.

I'm guessing the Nets' problem with a Lakers trade is that even for the '27 & '29 picks directly, they want no part of Westbrook. Then there's the problem of salary-matching. Also, those picks are so far down the road that I think it hurts their value and makes them somewhat unpredictable. Who knows if Marks is still around, then? Who even knows about Tsai?

Two first round picks is better than nothing imo. Plus unprotected. BRK of all teams should know how picks years down the road could have tremendous value (Tatums/Brown) so let’s simmer that down a bit because who else wants Kyrie and willing to offer a proven NBA starter like they seem to be demanding that another team won’t want themselves
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
gigantes
Starter

Post#12 » by gigantes » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:42 am

cheese318 wrote:
gigantes wrote:

Two first round picks is better than nothing imo. Plus unprotected. BRK of all teams should know how picks years down the road could have tremendous value (Tatums/Brown) so let’s simmer that down a bit because who else wants Kyrie and willing to offer a proven NBA starter like they seem to be demanding that another team won’t want themselves

Like I said above, I believe the Nets have more concerns.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#13 » by Vegeta10176 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:23 am

gigantes wrote:

Red8911 wrote:Wonder what the “signal” was ? These writers are ridiculous.

Nah, this is just SOP.

The Nets probably aren't interested in the Lakers' offer, but that's not something to hold a press conference over, and there's a better way than calling up all 28 other teams to give an update. That's to use a preferred national writer to get the message out. The 'source' is likely a Marks underling, someone that the writer is comfortable and familiar with.

Why would they have to call 28 other teams about Kyrie when none of them want him.. Hows that go oh

NETS: ahh just an update on Kyrie we arent trading him..

28 Other Teams: We didnt ask and we didnt want him why are you calling me.. Now if its about Durant...
Not2BeBothered
Junior
And1: 315

Post#14 » by Not2BeBothered » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:47 am

cheese318 wrote:
gigantes wrote:

Not at the expense of how much the taxes will be. Even the fact that they would have to throw in Harris or curry for free when they would be able to move either one of them for some type of value. Lakers just want everything for nothing.
gigantes
Starter

Post#15 » by gigantes » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:50 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:Why would they have to call 28 other teams about Kyrie when none of them want him.. Hows that go oh

NETS: ahh just an update on Kyrie we arent trading him..

28 Other Teams: We didnt ask and we didnt want him why are you calling me.. Now if its about Durant...

I guess you think you're up on stage at a comedy club. Haha.

Getting back to reality, the Lakers clearly want KI, which probably means a 3rd party team would need to be involved, which could be several. So that's a handful of teams that at least will have some interest in knowing how that's going.

Also, OF COURSE some teams would want Kyrie without having to give up anything. Despite his zaniness, he's still an incredible ball-handler, scorer, shooter and able passer that can be a #2 option at the very least.

So, yes-- the point is that a team insider leaking through a national journalist is still an efficient message that basically tells all 29 other teams 'his value to us isn't dropping.' If his value actually -was- dropping, then they'd be leaking a different message.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,074

Post#16 » by dougthonus » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:36 pm

chipchipperson wrote:As volatile and good at basketball as he is that's not a given. Even if your job's on the line the best bet is still to do whatever you can to get these two cornballs on the court together and hope for the best. Especially if russ and two firsts conveying half a decade from now and blowing it up entirely when no one wants to pay for kd is the alternative.

In one year, that alternative is probably going to look really good.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by cheese318 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:16 pm

Not2BeBothered wrote:
cheese318 wrote:
gigantes wrote:For Kyrie in particular. KD's a different story, as things can potentially ramp up down the road, closer to the trade deadline.

Not at the expense of how much the taxes will be. Even the fact that they would have to throw in Harris or curry for free when they would be able to move either one of them for some type of value. Lakers just want everything for nothing.

Not one team wants Kyrie. It’s either he stays in BRK. Or he got traded to LAL. If he had any value they would have received better offers like you say he’s worth. He didn’t and it’s because he’s about to be a free agent and he’s got a very bad history the last few years so no one will give up a valuable player for him. Just being realistic. Based on his talent he should never get dealt for that little. And now KD is staying so let’s see how this works together moving forward.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
gigantes
Starter

Post#18 » by gigantes » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:36 pm

cheese318 wrote:Not one team wants Kyrie. It’s either he stays in BRK. Or he got traded to LAL. If he had any value they would have received better offers like you say he’s worth. He didn’t and it’s because he’s about to be a free agent and he’s got a very bad history the last few years so no one will give up a valuable player for him. Just being realistic. Based on his talent he should never get dealt for that little. And now KD is staying so let’s see how this works together moving forward.

Thanks for sharing your dogma and belief-system.

Hopefully it helped someone out.
cheese318
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by cheese318 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:57 pm

gigantes wrote:
cheese318 wrote:Not one team wants Kyrie. It’s either he stays in BRK. Or he got traded to LAL. If he had any value they would have received better offers like you say he’s worth. He didn’t and it’s because he’s about to be a free agent and he’s got a very bad history the last few years so no one will give up a valuable player for him. Just being realistic. Based on his talent he should never get dealt for that little. And now KD is staying so let’s see how this works together moving forward.

Thanks for sharing your dogma and belief-system.

Hopefully it helped someone out.

What? Because I said Kyrie the last 3-4 years have been pretty awful for his value to other teams. I wasn’t even replying to you numb nuts. And your POV is that much better. Get the f*** over yourself
Hoopzilla wrote:

Return to Wiretap Discussion