Heat To Retire Udonis Haslem's Jersey

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Heat To Retire Udonis Haslem's Jersey 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:39 am

Pat Riley announced on Tuesday that the Miami Heat will retire Udonis Haslem's jersey.

“From the first day that I saw him compete, to the last day when we retire his jersey at our FTX home, UD will go down in our team’s history as one of the best to ever play for the Miami HEAT,” said Riley.

The 42-year-old Haslem officially resigned with the Heat on a one year, $2.9 million deal.

Next season will represent Haslem's 20th year in the league. 

Via Miami Heat

kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 727

Re: Heat To Retire Udonis Haslem's Jersey 

Post#2 » by kacey ring » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:27 pm

Surprised no one was highlighted the fact that he’s the first NBA player to ever play 20 years for the team that drafted him.

Kobe drafted by Hornets.
Dirk drafted by Bucks.
mcmelo
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#3 » by mcmelo » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:07 pm

kacey ring wrote:Surprised no one was highlighted the fact that he’s the first NBA player to ever play 20 years for the team that drafted him.

Kobe drafted by Hornets.
Dirk drafted by Bucks.

Why? Both Kobe and Dirk were immediately traded... It was predetermined that those players would be selected and traded instantly, the Lakers/Mavs essentially drafted them. Haslem shouldn't be held in rare-er air
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,543

Post#4 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:54 pm

kacey ring wrote:Surprised no one was highlighted the fact that he’s the first NBA player to ever play 20 years for the team that drafted him.

Kobe drafted by Hornets.
Dirk drafted by Bucks.

he wasnt drafted by miami, and he also signed signed the hawks before he got a deal with the heat anyways if we're going off that logic.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by kacey ring » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:45 pm

Thabo Sefolosha wrote:

Kobe drafted by Hornets.
Dirk drafted by Bucks.

he wasnt drafted by miami, and he also signed signed the hawks before he got a deal with the heat anyways if we're going off that logic.

This is true. I forgot he was undrafted. I’m slipping in my bball knowledge.

We’ll chalk it up as COVID brain fog.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by kacey ring » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:55 pm

mcmelo wrote:
Why? Both Kobe and Dirk were immediately traded... It was predetermined that those players would be selected and traded instantly, the Lakers/Mavs essentially drafted them. Haslem shouldn't be held in rare-er air

How about this? This seems like rare-air to me.

Surprised no one was highlighted the fact that he’s the first undrafted NBA player to ever play 20 years for the same team.

Kobe drafted by Hornets.
Dirk drafted by Bucks.

Return to Wiretap Discussion