Cavaliers Exit Trade Talks With Jazz On Donovan Mitchell

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cavaliers Exit Trade Talks With Jazz On Donovan Mitchell 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:45 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers have removed themselves from trade talks with the Utah Jazz  on Donovan Mitchell, sources tell Ian Begley of SNY.tv.

According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, the Cavaliers declared Darius Garland, Evan Mobley and Jarrett Allen as untouchable in any trade for Mitchell.

The Jazz and New York Knicks are widely expected to eventually reach agreement on a Mitchell trade, but appear to both be entrenched on their current offers.

Via Ian Begley/SNY.tv

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,098

Re: Cavaliers Exit Trade Talks With Jazz On Donovan Mitchell 

Post#2 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:43 pm

"plenty of other great offers" LUL
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,037

Post#3 » by mg » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:01 pm

If all those players are untouchable then Cavs never were serious courters for Mitchell.
TacoLord
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,254

Post#4 » by TacoLord » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:01 am

If the Jazz think anyone is going to send them a current All-star and a bunch of FRPs for Mitchell, they are delusional. Best offer yet is the Knicks with garbage contracts and 5 unprotected FRPs. The Cavs could offer about the same, but I would assume most GMs would value Knicks FRPs over Cavs. It's worth exploring for sure, but I don't think Ainge is going to part ways with Mitchell for a while after the haul he got for Gobert.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,799

Post#5 » by Fat Kat » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:15 am

TacoLord wrote:If the Jazz think anyone is going to send them a current All-star and a bunch of FRPs for Mitchell, they are delusional. Best offer yet is the Knicks with garbage contracts and 5 unprotected FRPs. The Cavs could offer about the same, but I would assume most GMs would value Knicks FRPs over Cavs. It's worth exploring for sure, but I don't think Ainge is going to part ways with Mitchell for a while after the haul he got for Gobert.

That was never offered and they’d never get that for Mitchell. It’s actually not possible
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 120

Post#6 » by FreeBoosie » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:14 am

"Cavaliers declared Darius Garland, Evan Mobley and Jarrett Allen as untouchable in any trade for Mitchell."
Ainge probably wanted all of them plus a 10% stake in the franchise and Quicken Loans Rocket Mortgage lol
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,358

Post#7 » by PerfectJab » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:44 pm

mg wrote:If all those players are untouchable then Cavs never were serious courters for Mitchell.

Right? Like who they expecting to trade for Mitchell, Love?

Mitchell is a legitimate young perennial allstar that is is only 25 years old. You'd have to at least expect to offer Garland or Allen in there.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,107

Post#8 » by axeman23 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:57 pm

PerfectJab wrote:
mg wrote:If all those players are untouchable then Cavs never were serious courters for Mitchell.

Mitchell is a legitimate young perennial allstar that is is only 25 years old. You'd have to at least expect to offer Garland or Allen in there.

Lol! :lol: So another team can offer commensurate value for Mitchell, I'm MORE than happy for my Cavs to be ducking out before moving 1 of our 3 core players. :dontknow: I personally thing the Knicks rumoured offer is an over-pay, but whatever...
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,506

Post#9 » by HighRyzer83 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:34 pm

TacoLord wrote:If the Jazz think anyone is going to send them a current All-star and a bunch of FRPs for Mitchell, they are delusional. Best offer yet is the Knicks with garbage contracts and 5 unprotected FRPs. The Cavs could offer about the same, but I would assume most GMs would value Knicks FRPs over Cavs. It's worth exploring for sure, but I don't think Ainge is going to part ways with Mitchell for a while after the haul he got for Gobert.

No one's giving the jazz 5 unprotected frp for Mitchell. He ain't worth all that. Ainge found a dummy for gobert, but lightening doesn't strike twice. The fact that the Cavs deemed Jared Allen untouchable in this trade says alot about Mitchell's perceived value by the league.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#10 » by TimeisIllmatic » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:56 pm

Good move. You always do your homework on available star players but Cleveland is about one or two pieces away from being a contending team.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,569

Post#11 » by dice » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:57 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:

No one's giving the jazz 5 unprotected frp for Mitchell. He ain't worth all that. Ainge found a dummy for gobert, but lightening doesn't strike twice. The fact that the Cavs deemed Jared Allen untouchable in this trade says alot about Mitchell's perceived value by the league.

the knicks have already reportedly offered 5 FRPs, 2 of them unprotected. all for the right to pay a good but not great player a lot of money. so yes, ainge has found another dummy. the only question is just how colossally dumb that dummy is
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,403

Post#12 » by NYKat » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:04 am

axeman23 wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:

Lol! :lol: So another team can offer commensurate value for Mitchell, I'm MORE than happy for my Cavs to be ducking out before moving 1 of our 3 core players. :dontknow: I personally thing the Knicks rumoured offer is an over-pay, but whatever...

You g*damn right it’s an overpay and STILL not good enough for trader Danny, so he’s about to overplay his hand here…

DM needs to apply pressure on Ainge cause he’s f*cking around with his career here, NOBODY is going to pay is insane asking price
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,217

Post#13 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:09 am

axeman23 wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:

Well, that's the sticking point. The Knicks aren't offering any players that the Jazz would want long term either. Their rumored offer is 5, late 1st round picks and salary filler. I can see the Jazz trying to get Okoro and three 1sts over the Knicks offer. A bird in the hand and all that. I can also see CLE not wanting to go there. CLE only has control of three 1sts.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,506

Post#14 » by HighRyzer83 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:19 am

dice wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:

the knicks have already reportedly offered 5 FRPs, 2 of them unprotected. all for the right to pay a good but not great player a lot of money. so yes, ainge has found another dummy. the only question is just how colossally dumb that dummy is

Agreed that is a dummy offer. But this was allegedly and the trade did not happen, so it could be more scambaiting by Ainge like his Cleveland, wiz, and raps as other suitors rumor.

Return to Wiretap Discussion