Ben Simmons: I Think Nets Going To Win Title If We Get It All Together

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Ben Simmons: I Think Nets Going To Win Title If We Get It All Together 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:24 pm

Ben Simmons expected to be ready for the start of training camp with the Brooklyn Nets later this month, joining new teammates Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.

"It's going to be sick. I can't wait," Simmons said on the JJ Redick podcast. "I'm so excited. Got a new number, new jersey. I'm just looking forward to it. I think we have a special team. I think if we get it all together, we're going to be the champions. That's the end goal."

The Nets acquired Simmons last February in a trade of James Harden.

Simmons has yet to debut with the Nets and underwent offseason back surgery. 

"I think this team right now is just a great fit for what I do and what I bring to the game," Simmons said. "I feel like it's Philly on steroids."

Via ESPN

alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Re: Ben Simmons: I Think Nets Going To Win Title If We Get It All Together 

Post#2 » by alienpick » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:31 pm

What's the over/under on games played before sitting out on Simmons and Kyrie? I'm going 5 Simmons 8 Kyrie.

Then next over/under is: How many games until Durant requests a trade because Ben and Kyrie have left him carrying the team alone?
nguyen925
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#3 » by nguyen925 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:58 pm

Hahaha I can't wait to see how this turns out. Irving and his political views, Durant and his trade demands, Simmons with his mental and physical hurdles.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#4 » by TheCage4 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:43 am

I like it better when Simmons wasn’t around, let alone talked.

How about you log a minute of playing time before you start predicting championships.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion