Suns Drop Preseason Contest To Adelaide 36ers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Suns Drop Preseason Contest To Adelaide 36ers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Oct 3, 2022 12:21 pm

The Phoenix Suns have gone through a tumultuous offseason. Now, the Suns preseason isn't off to a roaring start either. Phoenix lost their preseason opener to the Adelaide 36ers by a score of 134-124.

This was the first loss by an NBA team to a non-NBA team since 2016. The 36ers play in Australia's National Basketball League. Despite playing with a three-point line that was a foot-and-a-half further back, Adelaide made 24-of-43 shots from behind the arc.

Suns coach Monty Williams said his team will learn to respect their opponents more from this loss.

"Just didn't give them the respect that they deserve as a pro team," Williams said. "It's a great opportunity for us to learn."

Via ESPN

alphatron10
Senior
And1: 366

Re: Suns Drop Preseason Contest To Adelaide 36ers 

Post#2 » by alphatron10 » Mon Oct 3, 2022 2:37 pm

How Randall didn't get at least a 10-day during the COVID crapshow is beyond me. He was the third leading scorer in the G-League.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Mon Oct 3, 2022 3:40 pm

alphatron10 wrote:How Randall didn't get at least a 10-day during the COVID crapshow is beyond me. He was the third leading scorer in the G-League.

The answer you're looking for may be in your original post. "He was the third leading scorer in the G-League." :lol:
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
alphatron10
Senior

Post#4 » by alphatron10 » Mon Oct 3, 2022 4:06 pm

TheCage4 wrote:
alphatron10 wrote:How Randall didn't get at least a 10-day during the COVID crapshow is beyond me. He was the third leading scorer in the G-League.

The answer you're looking for may be in your original post. "He was the third leading scorer in the G-League." :lol:

I mean, that should be good for something though right? Seems like he could come in and play like 5-10 mins a game for any team that was missing guys due to COVID
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#5 » by TheCage4 » Mon Oct 3, 2022 7:31 pm

alphatron10 wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:

I mean, that should be good for something though right? Seems like he could come in and play like 5-10 mins a game for any team that was missing guys due to COVID

Agreed.

I often wonder why we have the G-League when you see teams sign aging journey-man veterans who are going to give you little to nothing on the court. You may as well give these kids a shot and hope that lighting strikes.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#6 » by tigerae » Mon Oct 3, 2022 9:49 pm

TheCage4 wrote:
alphatron10 wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:

Agreed.

I often wonder why we have the G-League when you see teams sign aging journey-man veterans who are going to give you little to nothing on the court. You may as well give these kids a shot and hope that lighting strikes.

Exactly. Especially teams already out of the playoffs or struggling. Give someone a couple 10 days and just give them minutes to build confidence and see if they can prove themselves.

The Suns should be ashamed of themselves. Honestly, they had Booker and CP3 playing at least part of the game and the 36ers basically had a big lead the entire game.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#7 » by IWishIWasHarden » Mon Oct 3, 2022 11:22 pm

Drop makes it sounds like they didn't play the game. The correct word to have used would be lose. Suns lose preseason opener.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,235

Post#8 » by LewisnotMiller » Tue Oct 4, 2022 12:00 am

Robert Franks has been one of the more well-rounded offensive players in the NBL recently. Nice to see him showing out a little in front of US fans.

(He played for Boston in Summer League, but had limited burn.)
alphatron10
Senior

Post#9 » by alphatron10 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 12:19 am

LewisnotMiller wrote:Robert Franks has been one of the more well-rounded offensive players in the NBL recently. Nice to see him showing out a little in front of US fans.

(He played for Boston in Summer League, but had listed burn.)

He actually played 7 games for the Magic two seasons ago and averaged 6 ppg in only 14 mins. I thought they would keep him but apparently not.
Monky15
Starter
And1: 692

Post#10 » by Monky15 » Tue Oct 4, 2022 3:41 am

Randall would of loved showing out in his hometown Phoenix.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,235

Post#11 » by LewisnotMiller » Wed Oct 5, 2022 9:58 pm

alphatron10 wrote:
LewisnotMiller wrote:Robert Franks has been one of the more well-rounded offensive players in the NBL recently. Nice to see him showing out a little in front of US fans.

(He played for Boston in Summer League, but had listed burn.)

He actually played 7 games for the Magic two seasons ago and averaged 6 ppg in only 14 mins. I thought they would keep him but apparently not.

Nice!
He's one of the key reasons Adelaide is being tipped to have a big bounce back season over here.

At the NBL level, he's basically got the size of a true 4 and the all around offence of a three.
Step it up to the NBA and you get more questions about whether he's 'do-everything' or 'tweener' obviously. Just a reminder about how good the top level is.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#12 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Oct 7, 2022 12:20 am

Bigger than Suns will ever care to admit.
At the end of the season this game will be looked back to for sure

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Wiretap Discussion