Joel Embiid Battled Plantar Fasciitis Before Training Camp

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Joel Embiid Battled Plantar Fasciitis Before Training Camp  

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:21 pm

Joel Embiid acknowledged that his conditioning isn't where it needs to be to start the NBA season. Embiid said that is because he was fighting plantar fasciitis over the summer. That left the Sixers star unable to do any basketball work for the two months leading up to the start of training camp.

"Coming into training camp I hadn't done anything in like two months, so it really slowed me down," Embiid said. "Still trying to work my way back and hopefully everything goes back to normal."

76ers coach Doc Rivers said that his All-Star center is currently pain free, but that it clearly impacted Embiid's training and conditioning. When Embiid wrapped up his media availability, he said he's "fine", as far as any lingering foot pain.

Via Derek Bodner/The Daily Six

IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Re: Joel Embiid Battled Plantar Fasciitis Before Training Camp 

Post#2 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:11 am

Kinda odd for this to be coming out now... I mean a) he sat around all summer so it should have gotten a little better, and b) plantar injuries dont typically get better by "working your way back."

Yo, Jo... WTF, man!
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 762

Re: Joel Embiid Battled Plantar Fasciitis Before Training Camp 

Post#3 » by kacey ring » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:25 am

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:Kinda odd for this to be coming out now... I mean a) he sat around all summer so it should have gotten a little better, and b) plantar injuries dont typically get better by "working your way back."

Yo, Jo... WTF, man!

Better this comes out than Harden asking for a trade.

Return to Wiretap Discussion