Jordan Clarkson Least Likely Jazz Veteran To Be Traded

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Jordan Clarkson Least Likely Jazz Veteran To Be Traded 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:48 pm

The Utah Jazz have gotten off to a surprising 4-1 start. Despite the hot start, many still expect the Jazz to eventually trade most of the remaining veterans on their roster. However, one player might stick around in Utah for a while longer.

While talking about the Jazz and the potential of future trades, Zach Lowe of ESPN said he believes Jordan Clarkson likely isn't leaving Utah anytime soon.

“I’ve heard the same stuff that other people have reported that they are just super reluctant to move Clarkson," Lowe said. ”They’re really fond of him for whatever reason. So, I would peg him as the least likely of all these Jazz guys to get traded.”

Through five games, Clarkson is averaging a career-highs across the board of 18.8 points, 4.2 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game. The eight-year veteran is also starting for the first time since his second season in the NBA.

Via Zach Lowe/ESPN

mg
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Re: Jordan Clarkson Least Likely Jazz Veteran To Be Traded 

Post#2 » by mg » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:13 pm

The new owner of the team Ryan Smith is buddies with JC. Now if some team offered something valuable I would think Ainge would have to listen but they aren't going to gift him.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 313

Post#3 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:41 pm

Downside is Clarkson will win them games but plus is his trade value is trending upwards. No rush to trade him unless you get a really good return by the trade deadline.
donemilio21
Veteran
And1: 763

Post#4 » by donemilio21 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:05 pm

I think Jazz could net a FRP for him closer to the trade deadline. If he continues to play like this, he will certainly decline his PO and seek a new contract.
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 631

Post#5 » by FeatheryTouch » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:07 pm

If Clarkson is a positive locker room presence and is a good mentor for younger guys then I like this for the Jazz.

He's can play, too.

Rebuilding teams should realize that trading away ALL of your vets isn't always the best path, leadership and team culture are important building blocks for the future even if you are losing 60 games and looking for a lottery ticket.

Return to Wiretap Discussion