Jonathan Isaac Has Returned To 5-On-5 Work

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 259

Jonathan Isaac Has Returned To 5-On-5 Work 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 8, 2022 2:37 pm

The last time Jonathan Isaac played in an NBA game was August 2, 2020 in the NBA bubble at Walt Disney World. Isaac blew out his knee in a game against the Sacramento Kings and has gone on to miss the entirety of the last two seasons.

Now, Isaac is inching closer to a return. The Orlando Magic big man said he's playing 5-of-5 for the last few weeks.

“I’ve been playing the last few weeks and just getting in shape,” Isaac said. “I’m still getting there. But in terms of body, knees and hamstrings, everything is great. I’m just not in game shape."

Isaac was closing in on a return last season before suffering a serious hamstring injury. At that point, the Magic chose to shut him down in what was a lost season. Isaac says he feels "fantastic" physically but needs more time to work on his conditioning.

“The only step is continuing to get in shape,” Isaac said. “We played the other day, and I was gassed. Obviously, I haven’t done it in a long time. Continuing to get in shape and playing 5-on-5 four times a week. Just being able to run up and down and get in shape is what I’m focused on right now."

Via Khobi Price/Orlando Sentinel

The-Stallion70
Junior
And1: 97

Re: Jonathan Isaac Has Returned To 5-On-5 Work 

Post#2 » by The-Stallion70 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:28 pm

Will give the Magic yet another close to seven foot swing forward who can do multiple things. We will need to figure out how to fit him in with Bol, Paolo, Wendell, Franz, Bamba. Maybe a trade is coming fir Wendell or Bamba.

The Magic need to address an overall lack of shooting on the team as well as just subpar guard play.
NBA All-Star Paolo Banchero!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 13,252

Post#3 » by tiderulz » Tue Nov 8, 2022 8:22 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:Will give the Magic yet another close to seven foot swing forward who can do multiple things. We will need to figure out how to fit him in with Bol, Paolo, Wendell, Franz, Bamba. Maybe a trade is coming fir Wendell or Bamba.

The Magic need to address an overall lack of shooting on the team as well as just subpar guard play.

Bamba will be traded as he lost his role to Bol. and i wont believe ISaac back fully playing until i see it. spent 2.5 years collecting money with one of the slowest injury rehabs ive ever seen
ReddOktober
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#4 » by ReddOktober » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:34 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:Will give the Magic yet another close to seven foot swing forward who can do multiple things. We will need to figure out how to fit him in with Bol, Paolo, Wendell, Franz, Bamba. Maybe a trade is coming fir Wendell or Bamba.

I can definitely see a move between magic and thunder. To the likes of Suggs/cole whichever one they want, Bamba, vets for salary and a couple picks for shai is a very good deal for thunder and for the magic

Return to Wiretap Discussion