Re: NBPA Soon Expects Resolution To Kyrie Irving's Suspension

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

NBPA Soon Expects Resolution To Kyrie Irving's Suspension 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:28 pm

Kyrie Irving has met with the Brooklyn Nets, NBA and NBPA "on several occasions" in recent days.

The NBPA looks "forward very soon to a resolution of all matters satisfactory to all parties.”

The NBPA maintains that “Kyrie’s rights, and the rights of all future players, have been protected at every turn.”

In the memo to players, the NBPA reiterates that Irving and union “unequivocally condemn antisemitism and all other forms of hate.”

Irving is serving a minimum five-game suspension and there is skepticism he will be in a position to play in Brooklyn's upcoming games on Sunday at the Los Angeles Lakers and on Tuesday at the Sacramento Kings.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#2 » by alienpick » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:31 pm

I don't need a sit down meeting with Kyrie to know that he isn't antisemitic, it's pretty damn obvious he isn't. The fact that this has drawn out this long is ridiculous. Now it's just political posturing by Silver and Tsai.
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#3 » by elmdawgg69 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:35 pm

alienpick wrote:I don't need a sit down meeting with Kyrie to know that he isn't antisemitic, it's pretty damn obvious he isn't. The fact that this has drawn out this long is ridiculous. Now it's just political posturing by Silver and Tsai.

Silver has handled this well. It’s the ADL and fake news media that has clung to this story.

Has anyone been able to watch the movie yet? It’s $20 on Prime (not free). And why isn’t anyone going after the movie directors and producers?

No **** Kyrie ain’t anti-Semitic. It took us a month to come to this conclusion?
FrodoFraggins
Senior
And1: 533

Post#4 » by FrodoFraggins » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:01 pm

alienpick wrote:I don't need a sit down meeting with Kyrie to know that he isn't antisemitic, it's pretty damn obvious he isn't. The fact that this has drawn out this long is ridiculous. Now it's just political posturing by Silver and Tsai.

When you take the context of the movie he promoted and his "I know where I come from", he left it open to him believing the movie and thinking blacks are the real hebrews. If that's the case it's antisemitic.

You can damn well be sure he is forced to elaborate and then understand the problems with that view.
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#5 » by elmdawgg69 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:21 am

FrodoFraggins wrote:

When you take the context of the movie he promoted and his "I know where I come from", he left it open to him believing the movie and thinking blacks are the real hebrews. If that's the case it's antisemitic.

You can damn well be sure he is forced to elaborate and then understand the problems with that view.

You clearly hate black people and are a racist. #BlackLivesMatter
FrodoFraggins
Senior
And1: 533

Post#6 » by FrodoFraggins » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:29 am

elmdawgg69 wrote:
FrodoFraggins wrote:

You clearly hate black people and are a racist. #BlackLivesMatter

That hashtag doesn't bother me at all as I support it. Some people can be against racism and anti-semitism. Some can't I guess

Return to Wiretap Discussion