Re: Kevin Durant: Nobody Was On Same Vibe With Me, Jacque Vaughn Is

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kevin Durant: Nobody Was On Same Vibe With Me, Jacque Vaughn Is 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:57 pm

Kevin Durant requested a trade from the Brooklyn Nets this past offseason, which they ultimately didn't accommodate. Durant spoke of the trade request and his return to the Nets this season despite his request the Nets part ways with Steve Nash. Nash and the Nets parted ways early in the season and Jacque Vaughn was elevated to head coach after they decided not to move forward with Ime Udoka.

"It wasn’t difficult at all to request a trade because it was about ball," Durant told Chris Haynes of B/R. "I went to them and was like, ‘Yo, I don't like how we are preparing. I don't like shootarounds. I like practices. I need more. I want to work on more s--t. Hold me accountable. Get on my ass in film if that's going to help you get on everybody else’s head. I want to do more closeouts. I want to work on more shell drills at practice.’

"This was the type of s--t I was coming at them with. It wasn't like, ‘Yo, y'all need to make sure everybody around me can make my life easier.’ Hell nah, I want to make everybody else’s life easier. Ask Steve Nash, you can go call him right now. I would say, ‘Yo, I need more closeout drills. We need to practice more.’ That's what I was on.

"I wasn’t feeling that, and nobody was on that same vibe with me. Jacque Vaughn is. I had some complaints in the summer, and my complaints were not about just me; it was about how we are moving as a unit. I want us to be respected out here in the basketball world. I don’t want players to look at us and say, ‘Oh man, these [expletive] are full of s--t. That’s not the type of team I want to be on.’ So when we’re all playing like s--t, you know the one person they’re going to look at. That’s why I requested a trade."

Via Chris Haynes/Bleacher Report

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,085

Post#2 » by moocow007 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:46 pm

Wait so he doesn't want it to be perceived as it being all about him, but then basically says the reason he wanted out was because the team didn't want to do what he wanted and be run the way he wanted it to be run nor did he want folks to blame him for it even though he is the best player and leader of this team? And didn't he choose Steve Nash himself who he basically just threw under the bus and didn't even bother to do it discretely by basically saying "go ask Steve Nash about (what Durant said he did wrong) and you'll see Nash agree."?
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 181

Post#3 » by Rip32 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:30 pm

This should be easy to translate. Ball out KD

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
SkynMan
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#4 » by SkynMan » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:34 am

Let em know KD!! Your grievance was justified
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 100

Post#5 » by dubbmotta » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:30 pm

moocow007 wrote:Wait so he doesn't want it to be perceived as it being all about him, but then basically says the reason he wanted out was because the team didn't want to do what he wanted and be run the way he wanted it to be run nor did he want folks to blame him for it even though he is the best player and leader of this team? And didn't he choose Steve Nash himself who he basically just threw under the bus and didn't even bother to do it discretely by basically saying "go ask Steve Nash about (what Durant said he did wrong) and you'll see Nash agree."?

Yea you def took that wrong…I’m not a KD fan but he pretty much wanted the team to practice winning basketball. He came from GS where they practice winning ball. What the hell Steve Nash know about winning?? Dude played street ball and no D his whole career. Damn shame a player has to demand they need to practice more..
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 314

Post#6 » by Hans1984 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:45 pm

Not giving up 152 points would be a good start if you want to be respected as a team.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#7 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:17 pm

moocow007 wrote:Wait so he doesn't want it to be perceived as it being all about him, but then basically says the reason he wanted out was because the team didn't want to do what he wanted and be run the way he wanted it to be run nor did he want folks to blame him for it even though he is the best player and leader of this team? And didn't he choose Steve Nash himself who he basically just threw under the bus and didn't even bother to do it discretely by basically saying "go ask Steve Nash about (what Durant said he did wrong) and you'll see Nash agree."?

I read it as KD wanting to emphasize specific things in practice that he felt would be beneficial to the team like defense. I think practicing close outs would be beneficial to the Nets considering how their defense was last year and how it looks this year thus far.

I do agree with the Nash part. Based on all the reports, it seemed like it was KD's decision to get Nash.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#8 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:47 pm

He still a cupcake... but I definitely respect him more after learning this.
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.

Return to Wiretap Discussion