Charles Barkley And Michael Jordan Haven't Talked In 10 Years

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Charles Barkley And Michael Jordan Haven't Talked In 10 Years 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:02 pm

Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan were once best friends off the court, despite being fierce rivals on it. Now, the two haven't spoken in a decade.

Barkley said the rift was caused by Jordan being upset over Barkley's criticism of how Jordan has run the Charlotte Hornets.

“It’s a really unfortunate situation for me and him. But I’m going to do my job first and foremost. I can’t criticize other coaches and general managers and give him a pass because he’s my best friend,” Barkley said. “I just can’t do that. What I said was, ‘Michael’s got to surround himself with better people. And I worry about him being successful.’”

Barkley said he and Jordan had a conversation that "wasn't pleasant" after those comments 10 years ago. The two haven't spoken since, despite regularly crossing paths at various NBA events. But Barkley says he'd like to make amends with his former friend.

“I probably would say, ‘Hey, you know, what I said, I believed. I’m sorry you took offense to it, and let’s get past this bull---- and go back to playing golf and having fun.’”

Via Taylor Rooks/Bleacher Report

WuriderX
Junior
And1: 403

Re: Charles Barkley And Michael Jordan Haven't Talked In 10 Years 

Post#2 » by WuriderX » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:08 pm

So? Who said that they were suppose to?
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#3 » by haste10176 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:25 pm

I always find it funny when people try to blame the people around the person in charge and not the person in charge.. Trump sucked cause he sucked.. Kanya is insane because he is insane.. MJ is a bad GM owner because he is a bad gm owner..
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 78

Post#4 » by elmdawgg69 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:36 pm

As far as results go, there hasn’t been an owner worse than Jordan. I don’t think there’s been a single owner going all the way back to Jordan’s part-owner Wizards days 21 years ago who has not made it past the 1st Round of the Playoffs. Even the lowly Kings did that.
SkynMan
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#5 » by SkynMan » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:12 pm

Charles Barkley is the living embodiment of Uncle Ruckus smdh
FrodoFraggins
Senior
And1: 533

Post#6 » by FrodoFraggins » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:15 pm

Jordan has thin skin? Who would have guessed?
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#7 » by MegaK » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:23 pm

Yo ain't no one trying to sign in Charlotte. He got to overpay just to get Gordon Hayward bro. He got nice young bloods and that other dude get busted now they scrambling. It not he fault bro. Charlotte wack.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#8 » by Revived » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:25 pm

SkynMan wrote:Charles Barkley is the living embodiment of Uncle Ruckus smdh

What the hell, where did you get that from?
Picasso
Rookie
And1: 896

Post#9 » by Picasso » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:28 pm

haste10176 wrote:I always find it funny when people try to blame the people around the person in charge and not the person in charge.. Trump sucked cause he sucked.. Kanya is insane because he is insane.. MJ is a bad GM owner because he is a bad gm owner..

While I don't fully disagree, I also think a part of it is that Jordan is the poorest owner in the NBA. Which is crazy when you think about it.
I had to jump off the boat to walk on water.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,231

Post#10 » by Childs » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:38 pm

Revived wrote:

You dont see the resemblance

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#11 » by Revived » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:44 pm

Childs wrote:
Revived wrote:

Um wtf no?! If Chuck was anything close to that then he would’ve been cancelled in today’s world. Instead he’s out there winning awards and the main reason that thousands upon thousands tune in to watch his Inside the NBA show. Hence why he got a $100 mil contract.
zshaun
Freshman
And1: 91

Post#12 » by zshaun » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:50 pm

Revived wrote:
Childs wrote:
Revived wrote:What the hell, where did you get that from?

Um wtf no?! If Chuck was anything close to that then he would’ve been cancelled in today’s world. Instead he’s out there winning awards and the main reason that thousands upon thousands tune in to watch his Inside the NBA show. Hence why he got a $100 mil contract.

Barkley is cancelled. You must not be black. Barkley's audience demographic is liberal whites. That's who he's speaking to and speaking for.
Backcountry
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,588

Post#13 » by Backcountry » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:54 pm

Revived wrote:
Childs wrote:
Revived wrote:What the hell, where did you get that from?

Barkley's RealGM burner account confirmed.
When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave
castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Post#14 » by castor777 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:08 pm

zshaun wrote:
Revived wrote:
Childs wrote:

Um wtf no?! If Chuck was anything close to that then he would’ve been cancelled in today’s world. Instead he’s out there winning awards and the main reason that thousands upon thousands tune in to watch his Inside the NBA show and received one of the richest contracts in doing so. Hence why he got a $100 mil contract.

Barkley is cancelled. You must not be black. Barkley's audience demographic is liberal whites. That's who he's speaking to and speaking for.

The hell does this even mean? Charles remains among the most known personalities in the NBA, and literally the head of the most watched NBA show. Just a horrible take.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,753

Post#15 » by dougthonus » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:44 pm

zshaun wrote:
Revived wrote:
Childs wrote:

I don't think you're using the word canceled like anyone else in the world is using the word canceled. Not black and have no idea what his audience demographic is, but when people say canceled, they mean the person's made some mistake that has caused enough toxicity to their image that their career is ended. They don't mean the person doesn't appeal to a specific demographic (ignoring whether or not what you're saying is even true).
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,753

Post#16 » by dougthonus » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:46 pm

Picasso wrote:
haste10176 wrote:I always find it funny when people try to blame the people around the person in charge and not the person in charge.. Trump sucked cause he sucked.. Kanya is insane because he is insane.. MJ is a bad GM owner because he is a bad gm owner..

While I don't fully disagree, I also think a part of it is that Jordan is the poorest owner in the NBA. Which is crazy when you think about it.

I don't know that it matters much. It's not like the Hornets are constantly cutting costs or unwilling to pay for guys. They overpay to bring guys in because no one wants to go there. They aren't spending like the Warriors or anything, but they're no different than any other small market team.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
cam24thomas
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,168

Post#17 » by cam24thomas » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:31 pm

Michael Jordan is known for being relentlessly loyal to his people, for example he's kept the same best friend (George Koehler) since he arrived in Chicago in 1984. So I think Jordan can't forgive Barkley because Barkley criticized Jordan's people. That's a lot worse than criticizing Jordan. I don't think there would be a 10 year feud, if Barkley had simply criticized Jordan.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#18 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 1:49 am

It’s pretty cut & dry: Chuck was right and still is… MJ (rightly) took offense to it, but hasn’t done ish to change things.

Not saying J-bomb surrounding himself with better decision makers and thinkers would turn the ship around— cause he probably wouldn’t listen anyway — but having some talent sirens is never a bad thing.

Ask I know is I really, really want mic’d up Jordan and Barkley playing golf. That would be more entertaining than some of the games I’ve say thru this season
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#19 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 1:50 am

It’s pretty cut & dry: Chuck was right and still is… MJ (rightly) took offense to it, but hasn’t done ish to change things.

Not saying J-bomb surrounding himself with better decision makers and thinkers would turn the ship around— cause he probably wouldn’t listen anyway — but having some talent sirens is never a bad thing.

Ask I know is I really, really want mic’d up Jordan and Barkley playing golf. That would be more entertaining than some of the games I’ve say thru this season
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
arch1
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#20 » by arch1 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 4:28 am

Where is the quote from MJ on this mater? Precisely... he wins simply because Chuck is the only one who seems to want the friendship back

Return to Wiretap Discussion