Wizards Have Interest In Trading For Jae Crowder

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Wizards Have Interest In Trading For Jae Crowder 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:27 pm

The Washington Wizards are in the middle of the play-in chase and could look to upgrade their roster before the deadline.

Like the Milwaukee Bucks and Miami Heat, the Wizards have shown interest in Crowder. The Phoenix Suns have been attempting to find a workable trade of Crowder since the offseason.

"There's been some chatter about them looking at a guy like Jae Crowder," said Brian Windhorst on his podcast. "I'm pretty confident there's been some discussions between the Wizards and the Suns.

"We've been talking about Jae Crowder now for about two months. It's obvious it's a hard trade to pull off. The Wizards have a bunch of guys who make decent salaries on their roster they can use in a trade."

The Suns are looking for a power forward in return for Crowder, according to Windhorst. The Wizards have multiple young power forwards in Rui Hachimura and Deni Avdija. 

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,936

Re: Wizards Have Interest In Trading For Jae Crowder 

Post#2 » by Wallace_Wallace » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:31 pm

Rui Hachimura would be quite helpful for the Suns.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,192

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:21 pm

Wallace_Wallace wrote:Rui Hachimura would be quite helpful for the Suns.

Any player capable of earning minutes would be an upgrade over a player sitting on his couch.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#4 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Dec 1, 2022 12:36 am

Hey, we can comment again. I feel like comments were blocked when there was an issue between Kyrie and the Jews. You cannot mention a Jew or the internet closes down.
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 865

Post#5 » by badinage » Thu Dec 1, 2022 1:24 am

IWishIWasHarden wrote:Hey, we can comment again. I feel like comments were blocked when there was an issue between Kyrie and the Jews. You cannot mention a Jew or the internet closes down.

I can’t figure out which side of correct and civilized you’re on — whether you’re displaying an understanding of the unfortunate and dangerous reality that Jew has become, for many, a kind of curse word … or whether you’re practicing the casual (but still highly insidious) antisemitism that has become de rigeur of late for so many.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#6 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Dec 1, 2022 2:47 am

badinage wrote:
IWishIWasHarden wrote:Hey, we can comment again. I feel like comments were blocked when there was an issue between Kyrie and the Jews. You cannot mention a Jew or the internet closes down.

I can’t figure out which side of correct and civilized you’re on — whether you’re displaying an understanding of the unfortunate and dangerous reality that Jew has become, for many, a kind of curse word … or whether you’re practicing the casual (but still highly insidious) antisemitism that has become de rigeur of late for so many.

I'm not on either of those sides. I have studied religion for many years. Firstly, you can't sum up "Jew" in one word when talking about "antisemitism." Most Jewish criticism comes from those who are against the normative Jew/modern American Jew, not the Jew of 2,000 years ago. And there are differences. The text changed 200 AC under second century Palestine.

As for my previous comment, I merely said you can't even mention a Jew without being cancelled from the Internet. I saw some Jewish comments and then next thing I know the comments are disabled. It could be coincidence but that was my observation. Why that tends to be the case can be left up to your imagination, but certainly jewish ownership seems to be related to it. Say anything you want about a Christian and no one cares. Mention anything Jewish and you're instantly banned.
badinage
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by badinage » Thu Dec 1, 2022 2:59 am

IWishIWasHarden wrote:
badinage wrote:

I'm not on either of those sides. I have studied religion for many years. Firstly, you can't sum up "Jew" in one word when talking about "antisemitism." Most Jewish criticism comes from those who are against the normative Jew/modern American Jew, not the Jew of 2,000 years ago. And there are differences. The text changed 200 AC under second century Palestine.

As for my previous comment, I merely said you can't even mention a Jew without being cancelled from the Internet. I saw some Jewish comments and then next thing I know the comments are disabled. It could be coincidence but that was my observation. Why that tends to be the case can be left up to your imagination, but certainly jewish ownership seems to be related to it. Say anything you want about a Christian and no one cares. Mention anything Jewish and you're instantly banned.

Um, yeah, Christians are the dominant majority. They have Christian privilege. Just look around you — it’s Christmas everywhere, all the time, until January.

As for “Jewish ownership” — what in the F are you talking about? “The Jews” don’t own things. Individual Jewish people do. It’s not a cabal. And if you think it is, you’re on the wrong side of truth and civilization.

“Not the Jew of 2,000 years ago”: do you mean Jesus?

And, hey buddy, if you’re “against” the “normative Jew/modern Jew” but have no problem with “the Jew of 2,000 years ago” — to paraphrase Jeff Foxworthy: youuuuuuuu might be an antisemite.
Lee in Oregon
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#8 » by Lee in Oregon » Thu Dec 1, 2022 8:07 am

For Christ's sake, can we get back to basketball?...
badinage
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by badinage » Fri Dec 2, 2022 9:31 pm

Lee in Oregon wrote:For Christ's sake, can we get back to basketball?...

We can, if you can stop referring to Christ. :)

Return to Wiretap Discussion