Exchange Between Trae Young, Nate McMillan Leads To Young Not Attending Friday Home Win

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Exchange Between Trae Young, Nate McMillan Leads To Young Not Attending Friday Home Win 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Dec 4, 2022 10:36 pm

Trae Young and Nate McMillan had "an exchange" at Friday's shootaround that lead to Young not attending the Atlanta Hawks' home win over the Denver Nuggets later that day, sources told Shams Charania and Sam Amick of The Athletic.

McMillan asked Young, who was receiving treatment on his shoulder, if the point guard would participate in a shootaround and receive treatment during a walk-through in the buildup to the Nuggets game.

Young responded by saying he wanted to miss the walk-through to focus on his treatment and decide later if he could play.

McMillan then gave Young two options: either to come off the bench, or not show up to the arena. Young decided he would not play against the Nuggets, with the team ruling him out due to shoulder soreness.

On Sunday, McMillan said that Young did not play on Friday due to a "miscommunication." Young practiced on Sunday and is expected to suit up on Monday against the Thunder. 

Young did not receive any disciplinary action from the team for Friday's events.

The Athletic adds that the Hawks have held many team meetings to resolve various conflicts throughout this season, describing the latest incident as a "telltale moment."

McMillan's job is currently safe despite the tensions.

IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Re: Exchange Between Trae Young, Nate McMillan Leads To Young Not Attending Friday Home Win 

Post#2 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Mon Dec 5, 2022 2:21 am

And so the unraveling begins. Poor Nate, can't see the Hawks having the balls to shop/ chop Trae for value...
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Re: Exchange Between Trae Young, Nate McMillan Leads To Young Not Attending Friday Home Win 

Post#3 » by MegaK » Mon Dec 5, 2022 3:15 am

Yo he said don't cum if u don't wanna cum off bench. He was like coo, I got you bro. What the problem bro ? Why they butt hurt bro ?
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Post#4 » by RipCityKJ » Mon Dec 5, 2022 6:02 am

MegaK wrote:Yo he said don't cum if u don't wanna cum off bench. He was like coo, I got you bro. What the problem bro ? Why they butt hurt bro ?

Your mom should have told your dad not to cum if this was the end product.
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#5 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Mon Dec 5, 2022 9:18 am

Hawks and Trae are perfect combo. A franchise that hasn't achieved anything in Atlanta and a guy who's had two good series in his entire career thinking he's got LeBron kind of leverage :lol:
SkynMan
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#6 » by SkynMan » Mon Dec 5, 2022 11:13 am

MegaK wrote:Yo he said don't cum if u don't wanna cum off bench. He was like coo, I got you bro. What the problem bro ? Why they butt hurt bro ?

Pause. Wash your mouth out with some soap bruh
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#7 » by TheCage4 » Mon Dec 5, 2022 12:53 pm

I was hoping he missed the game because he was seeing someone about his hair.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
We Are Groot
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#8 » by We Are Groot » Mon Dec 5, 2022 1:18 pm

RipCityKJ wrote:Your mom should have told your dad not to cum if this was the end product.

SkynMan wrote:Pause. Wash your mouth out with some soap bruh

If u can get past the juvenile humor, MegaK has a point. Trae did take one’a the options McMillan gave him. Sounds like they communicated jus fine.
hoopsinthesky
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#9 » by hoopsinthesky » Mon Dec 5, 2022 1:51 pm

TheCage4 wrote:I was hoping he missed the game because he was seeing someone about his hair.

niceeeeee... hope that felt good :)
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 935

Post#10 » by Tom White » Mon Dec 5, 2022 2:23 pm

RipCityKJ wrote:

Seems Trae and MegaK have something in common. Trae skipped a game, and MegaK skipped English.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,758

Post#11 » by shrink » Mon Dec 5, 2022 4:46 pm

Back when I was Tre’s age, I had a girlfriend that used to give me two options like this.

After getting yelled at many times for choosing the “wrong option,” I learned it was really just one.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#12 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Dec 5, 2022 5:25 pm

Nate is trying to get himself fired.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#13 » by Cassius » Mon Dec 5, 2022 6:02 pm

We Are Groot wrote:

RipCityKJ wrote:Your mom should have told your dad not to cum if this was the end product.

If u can get past the juvenile humor, MegaK has a point. Trae did take one’a the options McMillan gave him. Sounds like they communicated jus fine.

I'm assuming you're joking too (honest)... The options were akin to a man's wife saying "be home for dinner or don't bother show up for breakfast". Trae is one of the team captains (which says a lot) so there's no way any sane human would think he'd blow off the team.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
Cassius
RealGM

Post#14 » by Cassius » Mon Dec 5, 2022 6:04 pm

Tom White wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:

Seems Trae and MegaK have something in common. Trae skipped a game, and MegaK skipped English.

Honestly, MegaK is by far one of the more entertaining posters on here. Check his post history. He's not serious.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
FrodoFraggins
Senior
And1: 533

Post#15 » by FrodoFraggins » Mon Dec 5, 2022 6:14 pm

Cassius wrote:
We Are Groot wrote:

I'm assuming you're joking too (honest)... The options were akin to a man's wife saying "be home for dinner or don't bother show up for breakfast". Trae is one of the team captains (which says a lot) so there's no way any sane human would think he'd blow off the team.

Unless there is missing info, it seems like Nate gave an ultimatum and Trae called his bluff.
Cassius
RealGM

Post#16 » by Cassius » Mon Dec 5, 2022 6:47 pm

FrodoFraggins wrote:
Unless there is missing info, it seems like Nate gave an ultimatum and Trae called his bluff.

He'd have called his bluff if the team missed him, but they went out and beat the 2nd best team in the West without him. He's a team captain, so either he didn't communicate that he was injured or needed to suck it up and deal with coach behind closed doors instead of abandoning his team. The Hawks should suspend him, but this isn't Miami.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#17 » by TheCage4 » Mon Dec 5, 2022 11:41 pm

hoopsinthesky wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:I was hoping he missed the game because he was seeing someone about his hair.

niceeeeee... hope that felt good :)

I feel fantastic, thank you very much :wink:
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion