Pistons Looking To Trade Nerlens Noel With Blazers, Heat, Kings, Mavs Interested

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Pistons Looking To Trade Nerlens Noel With Blazers, Heat, Kings, Mavs Interested 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:50 am

The Detroit Pistons and Nerlens Noel agreed that a trade would best suit both parties, sources told James L. Edwards III of The Athletic.

Noel has appeared in just six games this season for the Pistons.

The Blazers, Heat, Kings, and Mavs have registered the most interest in a potential deal. 

Via James L. Edwards III/The Athletic

alphatron10
Senior
And1: 366

Re: Pistons Looking To Trade Nerlens Noel With Blazers, Heat, Kings, Mavs Interested 

Post#2 » by alphatron10 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:20 am

I'd call the Heat and ask if they would be interested in a Duncan Robinson for Nerlens Noel and Alec Burks trade.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 731

Re: Pistons Looking To Trade Nerlens Noel With Blazers, Heat, Kings, Mavs Interested 

Post#3 » by kacey ring » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:48 pm

The Mavs trading for Noel is an admission that the McGee signing has been an absolute blunder.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:11 pm

kacey ring wrote:The Mavs trading for Noel is an admission that the McGee signing has been an absolute blunder.

I believe they admitted that in training camp. He's essentially only playing spot minutes or in garbage time.
TMac Culloch
Sophomore
And1: 53

Post#5 » by TMac Culloch » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:43 pm

Mavs reunion?? No way
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#6 » by BigTex » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:01 am

TMac Culloch wrote:Mavs reunion?? No way

I’d think Noel would be quite unhappy to be in Dallas given the huge blunder he made there before. Too much bad karma.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#7 » by GEE » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:01 am

Portland could use an addition, but I'd hope we can do better than Noel.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:16 am

GEE wrote:Portland could use an addition, but I'd hope we can do better than Noel.
POR needs a backup big but I don't think Noel is willing to put in the work to be great. Seems like he might be wasted legroom on the plane.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#9 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:20 am

alphatron10 wrote:I'd call the Heat and ask if they would be interested in a Duncan Robinson for Nerlens Noel and Alec Burks trade.

Pistons would definitely want picks attached to take on Robinson.
browntown15
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#10 » by browntown15 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:49 am

Raptors would take Nerlens Noel, Alec Burks, and Saddiq Bey in a package for Gary Trent Jr, Khem Birch, and Malachi Flynn. Maybe some second round picks are tossed around.
alphatron10
Senior
And1: 366

Post#11 » by alphatron10 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:36 am

TimeisIllmatic wrote:
alphatron10 wrote:I'd call the Heat and ask if they would be interested in a Duncan Robinson for Nerlens Noel and Alec Burks trade.

That's what I forgot to mention, but it would have to be a 1st, considering the Heat own noone else's picks other than a crappy one in 2026
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:26 pm

alphatron10 wrote:
TimeisIllmatic wrote:

That's what I forgot to mention, but it would have to be a 1st, considering the Heat own noone else's picks other than a crappy one in 2026

I think a couple protected 1st's could get the job done but if I am Miami I would just ride it out. They're not winning with this current team anyways. Keep the picks for the inevitable rebuild that is coming.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#13 » by PDXKnight » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:07 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
GEE wrote:Portland could use an addition, but I'd hope we can do better than Noel.
POR needs a backup big but I don't think Noel is willing to put in the work to be great. Seems like he might be wasted legroom on the plane.

I'm curious how portland would come up with 10 million in matching salaries short of giving up someone more productive
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,298

Post#14 » by hippesthippo » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:31 pm

We'd likely take a look at Nas Little in a trade for Nerlens Noel. It wouldn't take much more than that.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by hippesthippo » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:53 pm

TimeisIllmatic wrote:
alphatron10 wrote:
TimeisIllmatic wrote:

I think a couple protected 1st's could get the job done but if I am Miami I would just ride it out. They're not winning with this current team anyways. Keep the picks for the inevitable rebuild that is coming.

When has Miami ever just "rode things out," under Pat Riley. Jimmy is still good enough this year. Pat will do what he can to make this current team as competitive as possible.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by TimeisIllmatic » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:24 pm

hippesthippo wrote:
TimeisIllmatic wrote:
alphatron10 wrote:That's what I forgot to mention, but it would have to be a 1st, considering the Heat own noone else's picks other than a crappy one in 2026

When has Miami ever just "rode things out," under Pat Riley. Jimmy is still good enough this year. Pat will do what he can to make this current team as competitive as possible.

Welp good luck with that, Pat Riley. Miami didn't do anything at last year's deadline so I don't expect much to change this year. Seems like you're a lot higher on the Heat than most are.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by hippesthippo » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:33 pm

TimeisIllmatic wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:
TimeisIllmatic wrote:

Welp good luck with that, Pat Riley. Miami didn't do anything at last year's deadline so I don't expect much to change this year. Seems like you're a lot higher on the Heat than most are.

Nope, not personally. I've just never seen Pat Riley initiate a full on rebuild, so why would I expect him to wildly change his philosophy at this point in his life?

MIA will never under go a full on rebuild as long as Pat is there. They'll "remix," or whatever you want to call it.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:39 pm

PDXKnight wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

I'm curious how portland would come up with 10 million in matching salaries short of giving up someone more productive

There are few players in te NBA less productive than Noel. I am guessing POR would be interested because of fit. Eubanks is POR b/u center at 6' 9". They might believe that Noel will be more productive in POR than he has been at other stops. (I think they'd be wrong about that, but POR does need size.)

Return to Wiretap Discussion