Re: Al Horford Fined $25K For Elbowing Moritz Wagner

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Al Horford Fined $25K For Elbowing Moritz Wagner 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:37 pm

Al Horford of the Boston Celtics was fined $25,000 for making excessive contact with the lower body of Orlando Magic big man Moritz Wagner. The incident happened at the start of the second half of the Celtics loss to the Magic on Friday night.

While fighting for position on an inbounds play, Horford elbowed Wagner. After a review, Horford was given a Flagrant 2 foul and ejected from the game.

Via RealGM Staff Report

tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#2 » by tigerae » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:33 pm

Meanwhile PatBev got suspended 3 games for shoving Ayton to protect his teammate. I'm just saying, if Pat deserved a suspension then so did this one.

Not a fan of these inconsistencies. I think neither deserved suspensions personally, but if you suspend for one, then you need to suspend for this as well.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,456

Post#3 » by Revived » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:10 am

tigerae wrote:Meanwhile PatBev got suspended 3 games for shoving Ayton to protect his teammate. I'm just saying, if Pat deserved a suspension then so did this one.

Not a fan of these inconsistencies. I think neither deserved suspensions personally, but if you suspend for one, then you need to suspend for this as well.

Beverly got suspended because he’s a repeat offender. He has a history of shoving players from the back and other dirty plays.

Horford is a class player that has no such history and simply lost his damn mind for a play.

They are not the same.
RondoToKG
Head Coach
And1: 1,484

Post#4 » by RondoToKG » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:50 pm

Revived wrote:
tigerae wrote:Meanwhile PatBev got suspended 3 games for shoving Ayton to protect his teammate. I'm just saying, if Pat deserved a suspension then so did this one.

Beverly got suspended because he’s a repeat offender. He has a history of shoving players from the back and other dirty plays.

Horford is a class player that has no such history and simply lost his damn mind for a play.

They are not the same.

I watch Horford a lot being a Boston fan and even since he was with the Hawks, I think he does some questionable ****. I've definitely seen him swinging before and looking in the other direction, stuff like that.

Return to Wiretap Discussion