Knicks Reach Out To Raptors With Trade Interest In OG Anunoby

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Knicks Reach Out To Raptors With Trade Interest In OG Anunoby 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:07 am

The New York Knicks have reached out to the Toronto Raptors with interest in trading for OG Anunoby.

Anunoby was mentioned in trade rumors during the offseason, but the Raptors elected to keep him.

Anunoby can become a free agent in 2024 if he declines the final year of the four-year, $72 million extension he signed with the Raptors in 2020.

Anunoby is averaging 18.7 points and 5.8 rebounds per game this season, which are both career highs. 

Via Ian Begley/SNY.tv

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Re: Knicks Reach Out To Raptors With Trade Interest In OG Anunoby 

Post#2 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:54 am

O.G. is a future DPOY. The price would be high.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#3 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:55 am

Also, O.G. has requested periods after O and G.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
SkynMan
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#4 » by SkynMan » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:26 am

Dennis 37 wrote:O.G. is a future DPOY. The price would be high.

At least 2-3 unprotected 1st rd picks and RJ Barret
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,411

Post#5 » by Zenzibar » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:49 pm

SkynMan wrote:

RJ Barrett is a future all-star, stop it. 1 unprotected and 2 protected, with either IQ or Obi. That's more than enough.
Stop All Genocides
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#6 » by ontnut » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:23 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
SkynMan wrote:

RJ Barrett is a future all-star, stop it. 1 unprotected and 2 protected, with either IQ or Obi. That's more than enough.

Depending on the Raptors' interest in IQ or OBi, which I feel is pretty minimal (IQ declining in two consecutive years, and Obi not bringing anything the Raptors miss), I think the offer would be rejected.

OG at his age and production SHOULD command 2 lotto picks at minimum. He slots into any team in the league with ease, doesn't need the ball, defends at an all-nba level, can hit 3's and punish smaller players in the post. Not much more you could ask for from a wing, and he's still only 25.

RJ's a good player, but he's plateaued. He's still young, but the shot just isn't there. He's an inefficient volume scorer who won't get to AS level unless he can really improve his efficiency, esp from 3. He's below league average in every single offensive efficiency metric, except at the rim.

If there's a future all-star between the two players, I'd easily bet on OG before RJ.
Ballknowledge
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#7 » by Ballknowledge » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:28 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
SkynMan wrote:

Don’t ever put RJ Barrett and future all-star is the same sentence again
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#8 » by Zenzibar » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:48 pm

ontnut wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
SkynMan wrote:

Depending on the Raptors' interest in IQ or OBi, which I feel is pretty minimal (IQ declining in two consecutive years, and Obi not bringing anything the Raptors miss), I think the offer would be rejected.

OG at his age and production SHOULD command 2 lotto picks at minimum. He slots into any team in the league with ease, doesn't need the ball, defends at an all-nba level, can hit 3's and punish smaller players in the post. Not much more you could ask for from a wing, and he's still only 25.

RJ's a good player, but he's plateaued. He's still young, but the shot just isn't there. He's an inefficient volume scorer who won't get to AS level unless he can really improve his efficiency, esp from 3. He's below league average in every single offensive efficiency metric, except at the rim.

If there's a future all-star between the two players, I'd easily bet on OG before RJ.

You obviously haven't watched Knicks games during this winning streak. RJ has been beasting and his 3pt shot is finally dropping, his drives to the basket are becoming almost Jimmy Butler-nesque and free-throws are the best he's ever shot as a pro.

As far as picks. You mentioned lotto picks, but how do you determine if your picks are in the lottery? The Knicks are playoff bound and so what they can offer are a parcel of picks (both protected and unprotected) and add-ins.

But let me add this. If somehow the Knicks add a OG Anunoby to the team, defensively, no one will want us in the playoffs. Trust me.
Stop All Genocides
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,511

Post#9 » by Iron Mantis » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:02 pm

ontnut wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
SkynMan wrote:

RJ's a good player, but he's plateaued.
He's still young, but the shot just isn't there. He's an inefficient volume scorer who won't get to AS level unless he can really improve his efficiency, esp from 3. He's below league average in every single offensive efficiency metric, except at the rim.

Yes, 22 years old is the age where NBA players stop developing.

He should just retire now.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,904

Post#10 » by Jabroni Lames » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:18 pm

Ballknowledge wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
SkynMan wrote:

Don’t ever put RJ Barrett and future all-star is the same sentence again

RJ Barrett? Yuck. A guy with a 102 ORTG, .516 TS%, .296 3P% who will make $30M/year on a long-term contract? That's going to be one of the worst contracts in the league. The Knicks couldn't give the Raptors enough unprotected first-round picks to take the contract off their hands.

He's Canadian... I get it. But Masai isn't dumb.
-NSX-
Starter
And1: 157

Post#11 » by -NSX- » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:26 pm

I just want to point out the knicks reached out to the raptors. In terms of leverage and bargaining, it is totally in favour of the Raptors. The knicks aren't the only team that would be interested OG if he is made available. I am certain, we can get more than RJ from another team.
An Old Toronto Raptors Fan
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#12 » by Galou » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:21 pm

You RJ haters are delusional.

He's staying

Deal with it.

Stop wasting ya time writing essays about what might happen.

Stupid Knicks 4 clicks article
F$+*k the Nets.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#13 » by puja21 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:27 pm

Zenzibar wrote:You obviously haven't watched Knicks games during this winning streak. RJ has been beasting and his 3pt shot is finally dropping, his drives to the basket are becoming almost Jimmy Butler-nesque and free-throws are the best he's ever shot as a pro.

The thing is, all the games count

RJ is 1 for his last 11 on 3s

On the year he's sub 30%, which is the worst of his career (worse even than his rookie year of 32%)

His FG% is 41.7% this season... against a career average of 41.8% in 230 games
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 361

Post#14 » by imDatknicksTape » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:12 pm

puja21 wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:You obviously haven't watched Knicks games during this winning streak. RJ has been beasting and his 3pt shot is finally dropping, his drives to the basket are becoming almost Jimmy Butler-nesque and free-throws are the best he's ever shot as a pro.

On the year he's sub 30%, which is the worst of his career (worse even than his rookie year of 32%)

agreed RJ can go, hes not improving anytime soon, getting OG for him on a swap plus 1 FRP would be a steal imo.
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#15 » by Zenzibar » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:44 am

imDatknicksTape wrote:
puja21 wrote:

agreed RJ can go, hes not improving anytime soon, getting OG for him on a swap plus 1 FRP would be a steal imo.

that's conjecture
Stop All Genocides

Return to Wiretap Discussion