Miles Bridges, Hornets Discussing Contract

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Miles Bridges, Hornets Discussing Contract 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:31 pm

The Charlotte Hornets and Miles Bridges are holding talks on a new deal as he remains a restricted free agent.

There is optimism a deal between Bridges and the Hornets could be reached in the near future.

Bridges is expected to be suspended by the NBA for his no contest felony charge on a domestic violence incident. 

Bridges and Klutch Sports have been in contact with the Hornets and are are working together on Bridges' plans to work with local domestic violence groups and community organizations to start reacclimating himself to the Charlotte community.

During his three-year probation, Bridges will be required to complete 52 weeks of domestic violence counseling and 52 weeks of parenting classes and serve 100 hours of community service.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 204

Re: Miles Bridges, Hornets Discussing Contract 

Post#2 » by RipCityKJ » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:21 pm

After what we all know and saw there’s only one punishment: a lifetime ban. He already got a lite sentence compared to anyone else in his situation, let him go ball for the Saudis they love wife beating! Also really bad look for Jordan and the implications this could have on his brand.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#3 » by deeps6x » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:41 pm

RipCityKJ wrote:After what we all know and saw there’s only one punishment: a lifetime ban. He already got a lite sentence compared to anyone else in his situation, let him go ball for the Saudis they love wife beating! Also really bad look for Jordan and the implications this could have on his brand.

Agree. Bad for the Jordan brand. League should ban him, and any former player/current coach wife beaters as well.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,202

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:52 pm

RipCityKJ wrote:After what we all know and saw there’s only one punishment: a lifetime ban. He already got a lite sentence compared to anyone else in his situation, let him go ball for the Saudis they love wife beating! Also really bad look for Jordan and the implications this could have on his brand.

I agree that the NBA doesn't need players with these type of issues. That said, there is really no need for bigotry here. Bridges is an American. He was given a slap on the wrist by the US legal system. Apparently Americans love wife beaters... provided they can afford a decent lawyer and play a game that provides us amusement.

We all live in glass houses; we should all put down our stones. :peace:
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 78

Post#5 » by elmdawgg69 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:59 pm

Dude pled no contest. He’s not guilty. Legal system already took care of this issue.

League should suspend him 10-15 games, and everyone should move on.

Hornets are lucky to sign him to such a lowball contract and also end up with Wenbanyama. Five years, $50 million would make sense for both sides.
rocarlos24
Junior
And1: 66

Post#6 » by rocarlos24 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:02 am

I don’t know how we live in a society where a person can’t make a mistake anymore… I agree that his actions were horrific, however if his wife forgave him, he paid his debt to society who the hell are we to judge? Y’all kill me with your dumb cancel culture as it everything is perfect on your side smfh
SpudWilkins
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#7 » by SpudWilkins » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:33 am

rocarlos24 wrote:I don’t know how we live in a society where a person can’t make a mistake anymore… I agree that his actions were horrific, however if his wife forgave him, he paid his debt to society who the hell are we to judge? Y’all kill me with your dumb cancel culture as it everything is perfect on your side smfh

Feels weird to say but I totally agree. America used to be billed as the “land of second chances” and “paid debt to society”. That said, I also wouldn’t fault anyone who chose not to give him a second chance. Not sure I would, but I also wouldn’t be calling for him to be banned.
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#8 » by afarmenian » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:34 am

rocarlos24 wrote:I don’t know how we live in a society where a person can’t make a mistake anymore… I agree that his actions were horrific, however if his wife forgave him, he paid his debt to society who the hell are we to judge? Y’all kill me with your dumb cancel culture as it everything is perfect on your side smfh

Not perfect just know better than to beat the s*** out of a woman but apparently you don't and then cancel culture is having a problem with someone beating the tar out of a helpless woman. Hope you don't have a daughter
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,403

Post#9 » by Indomitable » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:36 am

SpudWilkins wrote:

Feels weird to say but I totally agree. America used to be billed as the “land of second chances” and “paid debt to society”. That said, I also wouldn’t fault anyone who chose not to give him a second chance. Not sure I would, but I also wouldn’t be calling for him to be banned.

I hope he succeeds for his children sake. We have to many children without fathers on their lives.
:banghead:
RipCityKJ
Senior

Post#10 » by RipCityKJ » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:29 am

Indomitable wrote:
SpudWilkins wrote:

I hope he succeeds for his children sake. We have to many children without fathers on their lives.

If you cared about the child you wouldn’t want him to be raised by a man who thinks it’s ok to beat his mother in front of him.
RipCityKJ
Senior

Post#11 » by RipCityKJ » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:36 am

So you like wife beating? You say he paid his debt to society how? He didn’t serve time, if you beat your wife with 1/10th the evidence against you that he had against him you’d be looking at 7-10 years not instant release and probation. I absolutely hate cancel culture but assault and endangering a child aren’t even close to the same thing and should never be accepted. If the law failed and let him buy his way out then the NBA should set the precedent and ban him otherwise it’s enabling domestic violence.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 736

Post#12 » by Hold That » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:15 am

RipCityKJ wrote:

So you like wife beating? You say he paid his debt to society how? He didn’t serve time, if you beat your wife with 1/10th the evidence against you that he had against him you’d be looking at 7-10 years not instant release and probation. I absolutely hate cancel culture but assault and endangering a child aren’t even close to the same thing and should never be accepted. If the law failed and let him buy his way out then the NBA should set the precedent and ban him otherwise it’s enabling domestic violence.

You really have no clue what you’re talking about you should step off your high horse and leave the chat.

If you really assume that someone would be facing 7-10 years for domestic violence it’s clear you don’t know what you’re talking about. To get even 3 years on a domestic violence case you’d basically have to beat the woman an inch away from her life.

And nobody has to “condone” domestic violence to say someone deserves a second chance. Thankfully you have no power and aren’t in charge of the future of anyone’s life. Because you are far to dense.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,928

Post#13 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:19 am

Hold That wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:

You really have no clue what you’re talking about you should step off your high horse and leave the chat.

If you really assume that someone would be facing 7-10 years for domestic violence it’s clear you don’t know what you’re talking about. To get even 3 years on a domestic violence case you’d basically have to beat the woman an inch away from her life.

And nobody has to “condone” domestic violence to say someone deserves a second chance. Thankfully you have no power and aren’t in charge of the future of anyone’s life. Because you are far to dense.

Most of the time it's 3-6 months if there is a serious injury more if it's the perp's 2-3 or more offense and then some probation and community service bs.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 736

Post#14 » by Hold That » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:24 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Hold That wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:

Most of the time it's 3-6 months if there is a serious injury more if it's the perp's 2-3 or more offense and then some probation and community service bs.

Exactly, but somehow the RipCity guy feels Miles should be the poster child for domestic violence and he’s a first time offender. As if the NBA hasn’t dealt with tons of domestic violence cases.

The way he talks he must think Jason Kidd is evil.
SoulJah
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#15 » by SoulJah » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:30 am

that is one fkin racist and bigotted comment. Looks like its most Americans shooting up schools… I guess Americans love killing children in their schools.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,487

Post#16 » by Patsfan1081 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:32 am

Hold That wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:

Everyone for the most part deserves a second chance…..however what he did wasnt just domestic violence. He strangled and beat his wife near death, caused a brain contusion. He did so in front of his kids no less, which is also child endangerment. You dont have to be on your “high horse” to believe this man in no way has been punished enough, his celebrity status has played a huge part in his light plea. He should pay his debt and prove he is a changed person before even discussing a return.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,487

Post#17 » by Patsfan1081 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:41 am

SpudWilkins wrote:

How has he “paid his debt”? His judgement just went through last month. He hasnt taken one class yet or done anything towards his probation. He’s done nothing at this point to show that he has change or regretted his actions.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,804

Post#18 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:08 am

I don’t want to watch him play. At least no one cares about the Hornets and they’re not going anywhere, so I won’t have to.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 510

Post#19 » by TheCage4 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:51 am

We’ve all become judge, jury, and executioner.

Remember, people are also entitled to their opinions… Some believe he should burn, others see redemption. Maybe the answer is in the middle, or no where at all.

Regardless of what any of us think, he’ll eventually be back in the league and making millions. As hard as that is for a lot of us to process, it’s reality.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
RipCityKJ
Senior

Post#20 » by RipCityKJ » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:57 am

Hold That wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:

And nobody has to “condone” domestic violence to say someone deserves a second chance. Thankfully you have no power and aren’t in charge of the future of anyone’s life. Because you are far too dense.

A normal person wouldn’t be facing a single charge, they’d be facing battery, assault, domestic abuse, child endangerment and more. Depending on the state you could be facing more time for commenting 3 crimes or more triggering mandatory sentencing of 5-7 years+. With the lack of public defenders, prosecutors in this country are stacking on as many charges as possible to get you to plea out so if they want to charge you with 15 years worth of time and they come at you with a 7 year deal most just take it out of fear. I believe in second chances when they’re earned, he’s done nothing but use his wealth to work the system in his favor, far from commendable and no were near worthy of a second chance.

Return to Wiretap Discussion