Pacers Open Contract Extension Talks With Myles Turner

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Pacers Open Contract Extension Talks With Myles Turner 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:48 am

The Indiana Pacers and Myles Turner have opened up discussions for a contract extension, sources told Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The Pacers, who have $25 million in cap space, have discussed a renegotiation-and-extension deal with Turner's agent.

The team can offer Turner up to $19.1 million more on top of his current contract of $18 million this season for an individual max of $37.1 million. They could then drop his salary down in upcoming seasons.

Still at the initial phase of discussions, the two sides have until March 1 to reach a deal.

Sources add that the Pacers also remain open minded on the trade market, with the Lakers and Raptors having shown interest in Turner. 

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Re: Pacers Open Contract Extension Talks With Myles Turner 

Post#2 » by MitchB3 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:08 am

Just because they can offer you more doesn't mean you should always take it. That's all I have to say when it comes to Myles.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 104

Post#3 » by dubbmotta » Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:49 pm

MitchB3 wrote:Just because they can offer you more doesn't mean you should always take it. That's all I have to say when it comes to Myles.

I’m with you..they try and trade the man every year, go somewhere that the team values you.
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#4 » by niha17 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:10 pm

you cant max ever player in the nba He might be top of the list he never plays
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 643

Post#5 » by FeatheryTouch » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:51 pm

I think the Pacers had been planning to tank and deal Turner, but were surprised to discover they are ahead of schedule on their rebuild and have more options now. Even if they deal Turner they are unlikely to see the lottery. He also happens to be playing pretty well, which helps.

Turner seems like a grizzled vet type but he is only 26 - Haliburton is 22, so it's not like the timelines are that out of whack either.

Return to Wiretap Discussion