Danny Green Hopes To Return Before All-Star Break

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Danny Green Hopes To Return Before All-Star Break 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:38 pm

Danny Green has yet to suit up in a game for the Memphis Grizzlies. That's something Green hopes to rectify before the All-Star Break in mid-February.

Green was interviewed by ESPN during the Grizzlies win at the Phoenix Suns on Friday night. During that interview, Green said "The knee is going smoothly. We're in a good pace and hopefully you'll see me before the break. That's the target right now."

Green tore the ACL and LCL in his left knee while playing for the Philadelphia 76ers in last season's playoffs. Memphis acquired Green and a 2022 first-round pick (which became David Roddy) in exchange for De'Anthony Melton.

Grizzlies coach Taylor Jenkins wouldn't commit to a timeline for Green, but said the veteran wing is looking better each day.

"I'm liking what I'm seeing on the court. He's getting challenged every single day medically, physically, basketball-wise," Jenkins said. "So hopefully, sooner rather than later, he's back. Timelines will be timelines, but he's progressing really well."

Via Evan Barnes/Memphis Commercial Appeal

Return to Wiretap Discussion