Knicks Have Talked Internally About Trading For Tobias Harris

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Knicks Have Talked Internally About Trading For Tobias Harris 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:52 am

The New York Knicks have held internal discussions over the possibility of trading for Tobias Harris, reported Ian Begley of SNY.

"The Knicks have talked internally about the idea of acquiring Tobias Harris via trade before their winning streak started ... Tom Thibodeau spoke highly of him before the game, so that's just one name to keep an eye on," said Begley following the Knicks' 119-112 loss to the Sixers on Sunday.

Harris is averaging 17.0 points and 6.3 rebounds on the season. 

Via Ian Begley/SNY

alphatron10
Senior
And1: 366

Re: Knicks Have Talked Internally About Trading For Tobias Harris 

Post#2 » by alphatron10 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:13 am

What kind of trade even works that would benefit both teams? I came up with a three teamer but it was pretty bad as I was looking it over lol. Lemme know what you think and toss in whatever picks you think would be necessary.

76ers get: Julius Randle, Eric Gordon, Garrison Mathews

Knicks get: Tobias Harris and Matisse Thybulle

Rockets get: Evan Fournier and Jaden Springer
Charlesareed
Bench Warmer
And1: 683

Post#3 » by Charlesareed » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:45 pm

alphatron10 wrote:What kind of trade even works that would benefit both teams? I came up with a three teamer but it was pretty bad as I was looking it over lol. Lemme know what you think and toss in whatever picks you think would be necessary.

That’s actually not a bad trade but I’m sure the rockets will want a pick a best also embiid and randle idk if their egos or attitudes can gel
Chicago Raised me
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 516

Post#4 » by TheCage4 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:17 pm

He’s still playing?
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
GMjobZK
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#5 » by GMjobZK » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:24 pm

Charlesareed wrote:
alphatron10 wrote:What kind of trade even works that would benefit both teams? I came up with a three teamer but it was pretty bad as I was looking it over lol. Lemme know what you think and toss in whatever picks you think would be necessary.

That’s actually not a bad trade but I’m sure the rockets will want a pick a best also embiid and randle idk if their egos or attitudes can gel

I could see a mix of Evan Fournier, Rose, and Reddish going out to acquire Harris but not Randle - they’re trying to load up not unload.
cam24thomas
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,166

Post#6 » by cam24thomas » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:55 pm

Thib would love Thybulle, probably.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#7 » by the_process » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:03 pm

NYK get Harris and Saric
PHI gets Fournier, Crowder, and Shamet
PHX gets Randle
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#8 » by the_process » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:19 pm

GMjobZK wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:

I could see a mix of Evan Fournier, Rose, and Reddish going out to acquire Harris but not Randle - they’re trying to load up not unload.

Ok let's try this then.

NYK gets Harris and Korkmaz
PHI gets Rose, Fournier, and Crowder
PHX gets Reddish
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,897

Post#9 » by meekrab » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:35 pm

This is what the media spin cycle is reduced to? The Knicks "talked about" trading for Harris? Big drop off from the offseason when they were for sure getting Mitchell and running the table on the league... :lol:
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,621

Post#10 » by Psubs » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:03 pm

GMjobZK wrote:I could see a mix of Evan Fournier, Rose, and Reddish going out to acquire Harris but not Randle - they’re trying to load up not unload.

Ya, Fournier, Rose and 1 of (Reddish or Toppin) should easily get it done.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,298

Post#11 » by hippesthippo » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:36 pm

Well, Tobias can definitely play PF, so he checks that box off for the Knicks.

I'm not aware of any other particular traits NYK values, so I'm sure they'd love him there.
cam24thomas
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,166

Post#12 » by cam24thomas » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:27 pm

Harris is a very good fit in New York, because he's a very consistent shooter, and they need that badly.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#13 » by TimeisIllmatic » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:32 pm

Value wise I think it makes sense for all teams involved (without getting into draft picks) but does Randle pair up well with Embiid? I'm not sure he does.
fredweis
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#14 » by fredweis » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:41 am

meekrab wrote:This is what the media spin cycle is reduced to? The Knicks "talked about" trading for Harris? Big drop off from the offseason when they were for sure getting Mitchell and running the table on the league... :lol:

Harris is not even a good fit for NY. He plays the same position as the Knicks best young player, RJ Barrett. Grimes has earned his starting spot. Harris would be the Sixth man in NY. He’s a vet with a reliable shot, that’s what he brings to NY.

He’s the odd man out in Philly and I would not be surprised to see him traded this season, but not to NY. Once Maxey is back I see Doc playing a lot of 3 guard lineups with Harden as the nominal 3.

76ers were not going to win a championship with Harris playing stretch 4. So they brought in PJ Tucker. Good move. Maxey is now scoring at a clip he’s their 3rd option.

Truth is 76ers are paying Harris a TON of money when their roster actually needs a rugged 3&D player.

Harris can help a team who needs another scoring option, like Dallas. 76ers would likely have to take back Hardaway Jr and JaVale McGee (terrible signing by Dallas) in order to get a 3&D stopper like Reggie Bullock. I assume Dallas would also ask for Montrezl Harris with Harris.

Harris gives Luka a reliable player to pass to out of the double team. He’s a high IQ player and should be a good fit under Jason Kidd. Harrell provides Dallas some athleticism off the bench that Luka and Dinwiddie can toss lobs too. Maxi Kleiber and Dwight Powell aren’t exactly vertically inclined players.

76ers get a gritty veteran 3&D player in Bullock, who along with PJ Tucker, will make for one of the nastiest defenses in today’s uptempo NBA. Those dudes are throwbacks. Hardaway has a ton of experience coming off the bench and providing a hot hand.

McGee is 6 fouls that let’s Embid take a breather.

A trade like the one with Dallas is the best case scenario for the 76ers and Tobias Harris giant contract.

The Knicks are on a different timeline than Philly. Philly is in win now mode. Knicks starting 5 is all under 30 years of age, they have a good young bench and 13 1st round picks nobody wants.

NY will find a trade partner for Fournier. He was amongst the 5 best players in Europe last summer at FIBA Eurocup. Good GM’s have long memories. For pennies on the dollar Fournier shouldn’t be hard too move.

If Toronto is afraid they’re going to loose too many young players for greener pastures next season, I see Fournier as a great fit with Siakam. In the same style of play KCP is having a career year in Denver feeding off the Joker.

Return to Wiretap Discussion