Cavaliers To Pursue Wing On Trade Market

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cavaliers To Pursue Wing On Trade Market 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:11 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers are expected to explore the trade market for an improvement on the wing, sources tell Zach Lowe of ESPN.

The Cavaliers cycle through Isaac Okoro, Lamar Stevens, Caris LeVert and Cedi Osman as the wing to play with their core.

Cleveland will also get Ricky Rubio and Dean Wade back from injuries.

With their trade for Donovan Mitchell this past offseason, the Cavaliers have limited assets available to trade for a meaningful upgrade. 

Via Zach Lowe/ESPN

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Re: Cavaliers To Pursue Wing On Trade Market 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:06 pm

If CLE could find a way to move off of Lamar Stevens and Caris LeVert it would be addition by subtraction. LeVert is an expiring deal, so maybe a tanking team would want the cap space?

Maybe Stevens plus one of Okoro/Osman for Crowder? PHX gets bodies and CLE gets a veteran wing that loved CLE last time around. :lol:
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:00 am

It could just be a rumor, but I think the Lakers are willing to deal Westbrook :lol:
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#4 » by LiSTWithLani » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:35 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:If CLE could find a way to move off of Lamar Stevens and Caris LeVert it would be addition by subtraction. LeVert is an expiring deal, so maybe a tanking team would want the cap space?

Maybe Stevens plus one of Okoro/Osman for Crowder? PHX gets bodies and CLE gets a veteran wing that loved CLE last time around. :lol:

I was of the opinion that Levert has been solid for them. Am I mistaken?
Not2BeBothered
Junior
And1: 314

Post#5 » by Not2BeBothered » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:05 pm

LiSTWithLani wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:If CLE could find a way to move off of Lamar Stevens and Caris LeVert it would be addition by subtraction. LeVert is an expiring deal, so maybe a tanking team would want the cap space?

He’s been typical LeVert, either hot or cold but the Cavs need someone who can defend and hit an open shot, a real 3&D wing. When they played the Nets the other nite, idr who started at the 3 for them but he was just standing there allowing the nets to swarm garland and Mitchell with no concern for them taking an open shot
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,305

Post#6 » by hippesthippo » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:26 pm

Not2BeBothered wrote:
LiSTWithLani wrote:

He’s been typical LeVert, either hot or cold but the Cavs need someone who can defend and hit an open shot, a real 3&D wing. When they played the Nets the other nite, idr who started at the 3 for them but he was just standing there allowing the nets to swarm garland and Mitchell with no concern for them taking an open shot

Levert is a 2/3 in the mold of Will Barton. If you can keep him happy coming off the bench, he can help a team. Okoro is also smaller for a 3.

The issue is Cleveland is really lacking a bigger player who can start at SF and play both sides of the ball. Everyone on the Cavs is either one-sided, under-sized, or both.

I'm not sure what they are expecting to acquire without much in the way of trade assets. Crowder would be a great guy to go after once Phoenix's FO wakes up. Maybe someone like a Derrick Jones Jr. or Moe Harkless if they go the cheapo vet route. Cam Reddish might fit in pretty well.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#7 » by imagump1313 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:04 pm

Not2BeBothered wrote:
LiSTWithLani wrote:

DAMN you said he must defend. I guess they wouldn't be interested in a McDermott then :-?
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:39 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
Not2BeBothered wrote:
LiSTWithLani wrote:I was of the opinion that Levert has been solid for them. Am I mistaken?

DAMN you said he must defend. I guess they wouldn't be interested in a McDermott then :-?

LeVert is one of three Cavs with a negative eDiff (-6.5). Stevens and Okoro are the other two. LeVert has actually had a negative eDiff in every season of his career. He isn't good. He has never been good. He has always been a negative, despite his athletic abilities.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#9 » by MegaK » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:45 pm

Yo LeBron is coming on the back bro !
castor777
Senior
And1: 110

Post#10 » by castor777 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:47 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:
Not2BeBothered wrote:He’s been typical LeVert, either hot or cold but the Cavs need someone who can defend and hit an open shot, a real 3&D wing. When they played the Nets the other nite, idr who started at the 3 for them but he was just standing there allowing the nets to swarm garland and Mitchell with no concern for them taking an open shot

LeVert is one of three Cavs with a negative eDiff (-6.5). Stevens and Okoro are the other two. LeVert has actually had a negative eDiff in every season of his career. He isn't good. He has never been good. He has always been a negative, despite his athletic abilities.

LeVert is definitely the one to move on from. The Cavs already have a cot/cold player in Cedi Osman, and Cedi has been way more productive this season and plays well with Kevin Love. LeVert is an NBA journeyman, will still get some value returned in the trade market with the right pieces included.

Return to Wiretap Discussion