Hornets Refute Report Of Contract Discussions With Miles Bridges

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Hornets Refute Report Of Contract Discussions With Miles Bridges 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 4, 2023 7:17 pm

The Charlotte Hornets have refuted a report from ESPN that they are engaged in contract talks with Miles Bridges.

Bridges pled no contest to a felony domestic violence charge in November. Bridges' partner posted a series of images to Instagram detailing the abuse, which included a photo of a hospital report and injuries of a concussion, broken nose, rib contusion and bruising.

“We have not been engaged in contract negotiations with Miles Bridges,” the Hornets told the Charlotte Observer in a statement this week.

The Hornets declined to comment on the possibility of bringing Bridges back next season.

Via Paige Masten/Charlotte Observer

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,790

Re: Hornets Refute Report Of Contract Discussions With Miles Bridges 

Post#2 » by Zeno » Wed Jan 4, 2023 9:07 pm

If that’s true, why did they take so long issuing a denial?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
LogicalGM23
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#3 » by LogicalGM23 » Wed Jan 4, 2023 9:20 pm

You can't refute something you don't know about lol
-Could actually be true.
Reporters are always so thirsty to get the news out first, whether accurate or inaccurate.
Zeno wrote:If that’s true, why did they take so long issuing a denial?
Zeno
RealGM

Post#4 » by Zeno » Wed Jan 4, 2023 9:29 pm

LogicalGM23 wrote:You can't refute something you don't know about lol
-Could actually be true.
Reporters are always so thirsty to get the news out first, whether accurate or inaccurate.

Sorry maybe I’m misunderstanding but are you saying the Hornets didn’t know there was a report out there weeks ago that they were talking with Bridges about a contract. Could have easily refuted it then.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Post#5 » by Rek » Wed Jan 4, 2023 11:03 pm

All we can do is make assumptions. But, I'm guessing that something happened behind the scenes with the league office and Charlotte was feeling the pressure to publicly refute it even though it's well after the initial leak.
Zeno
RealGM

Post#6 » by Zeno » Wed Jan 4, 2023 11:22 pm

Rek wrote:

All we can do is make assumptions. But, I'm guessing that something happened behind the scenes with the league office and Charlotte was feeling the pressure to publicly refute it even though it's well after the initial leak.

Yeah, that’s my assumption too.

Please advise….

Dan G.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Jan 5, 2023 12:11 am

Zeno wrote:
Rek wrote:

Or maybe they aren't on RealGM reading all the rumors? Are they requires to seek out and refute all the BS? It would take a dedicated team of staffers just to monitor Stephen A.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#8 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Jan 5, 2023 4:03 am

As soon as he's given a contract the NBA is gonna suspend him for at least a year. So why waste the money.
NatiboyB
Rookie
And1: 389

Post#9 » by NatiboyB » Thu Jan 5, 2023 11:21 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:As soon as he's given a contract the NBA is gonna suspend him for at least a year. So why waste the money.

I’m not sure why folks always have these doomsday punishments. He will definitely face a suspension after signed but having him signed allows him to train with the team you can monitor him more and once the suspension is up he can play again or have an offseason. Basically treating this as a blown year. But he would definitely need to sign an extremely team favorable deal.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#10 » by haste10176 » Thu Jan 5, 2023 12:09 pm

Zeno wrote:
Rek wrote:

Or and bear with me here someone actually decided to ask them the question and they answered it?..
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 104

Post#11 » by dubbmotta » Thu Jan 5, 2023 2:00 pm

You serious?? Thiers 100s a rumors going around daily, trades, firings, signings, etc. Is a team suppose to address every rumor? They have better to do...
Zeno
RealGM

Post#12 » by Zeno » Thu Jan 5, 2023 2:42 pm

dubbmotta wrote:

You serious?? Thiers 100s a rumors going around daily, trades, firings, signings, etc. Is a team suppose to address every rumor? They have better to do...

I didn’t bother responding to the others so this is in response to all of you. This was a report in the national media not some suspect nba twitter account.. it was discussed on major nba podcasts. I assume the Hornets were both bombarded with questions from their fans and would be shocked if the local media didn’t ask questions sooner. Sadly the independence of media is not what it once was so who knows. But there is absolutely no way they didn’t know of this report until now. Anyway agree to disagree, I’m moving on.

Please advise….

Dan G.
slay25
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#13 » by slay25 » Thu Jan 5, 2023 3:19 pm

Zeno wrote:
dubbmotta wrote:

I didn’t bother responding to the others so this is in response to all of you. This was a report in the national media not some suspect nba twitter account.. it was discussed on major nba podcasts. I assume the Hornets were both bombarded with questions from their fans and would be shocked if the local media didn’t ask questions sooner. Sadly the independence of media is not what it once was so who knows. But there is absolutely no way they didn’t know of this report until now. Anyway agree to disagree, I’m moving on.

lol, the national media is basically a suspect twitter account
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 104

Post#14 » by dubbmotta » Thu Jan 5, 2023 6:47 pm

slay25 wrote:
Zeno wrote:
dubbmotta wrote:You serious?? Thiers 100s a rumors going around daily, trades, firings, signings, etc. Is a team suppose to address every rumor? They have better to do...

lol, the national media is basically a suspect twitter account

FACTS...not sure where homeboy lives but here in America the "National Media" is an F'n joke and likes to push drama for ratings..half the stuff they put out is BS for clickbait, views and ratings. And the Hornets are in super tank mode why would they try to improve the team right now?

Return to Wiretap Discussion