Jae Crowder: Suns Pushing Me Out Door Was Blindside Hit To Not Only Me But My Teammates

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Jae Crowder: Suns Pushing Me Out Door Was Blindside Hit To Not Only Me But My Teammates 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:50 pm

While away from the Phoenix Suns this season, Jae Crowder has spent most of his time in Atlanta working out at Georgia Tech. Crowder told Chris Haynes of Bleacher Report that he's in great shape and working out daily.

Crowder also revealed he's received the support of his teammates while he has sought a trade from the Suns.

"I've spoken to every player that I've played with on that team and they all have stressed how much they miss [me] and respect my decision, and I'm thankful for their understanding," Crowder told Haynes via text message. "This move of pushing me out the door was a blindsided hit to not only me but my teammates, as you can see from speaking to them and myself and the conversations we've had behind closed doors.

"I will continue to prepare myself daily for battle once the call is made and continue to be a leader on the court, locker room, as well as off the court. I am thankful my teammates appreciated my leadership. I'm confused and hurt my coaches didn't appreciate the things I brought to our team and organization. And this has nothing to do with financial or contract differences."

Crowder will be a free agent this offseason.

Via Chris Haynes/Bleacher Report

Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,508

Re: Jae Crowder: Suns Pushing Me Out Door Was Blindside Hit To Not Only Me But My Teammates 

Post#2 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:58 pm

what the hell is he talking about?
Слава Украине!
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,864

Re: Jae Crowder: Suns Pushing Me Out Door Was Blindside Hit To Not Only Me But My Teammates 

Post#3 » by grumpysaddle » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:02 pm

Yup, just like we all thought, he was mad he was going to get moved to the bench. Before all the injuries that decimated the Suns, Cam Johnson with the starters was awesome. The funny thing is that Crowder would have gotten a TON of playing time and gone back to starting with the insane amount of injuries the Suns have had if he wasn't so butt-hurt about accepting a new role and his limitations as a player.

He can also say it wasn't about money or contract issues, but that's a blatant lie. Trying to make himself look better for being a baby and not honoring his TEN MILLION dollar contract to play a game for children.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:08 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:I've spoken to every player that I've played with on that team and they all have stressed how much they miss [me] and respect my decision, and I'm thankful for their understanding,

Sure, they told you what you wanted to hear... but did they roll their eyes as you walked away. What your teammates miss is having you available to play when your number is called. None of them are confused or confounded at why you might be moved to the bench. If you wanted to be a leader, you could do that in any role. See Iggy, Vince... even Melo.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 799

Post#5 » by tester551 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:11 pm

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:what the hell is he talking about?

It's a complete PR move.

Phoenix hasn't found many teams that are seriously interested in trading for Crowder. My guess is that the Suns reached out to him and said that a trade is not likely to happen.
He's trying to paint himself in a better light - but honestly, this makes him look more like a whiny child.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,508

Post#6 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:27 pm

tester551 wrote:
Ryoga Hibiki wrote:what the hell is he talking about?

It's a complete PR move.

Phoenix hasn't found many teams that are seriously interested in trading for Crowder. My guess is that the Suns reached out to him and said that a trade is not likely to happen.
He's trying to paint himself in a better light - but honestly, this makes him look more like a whiny child.

how can anyone be so stupid to think that this is going to be good for his career? who's going to be interested to give him big money, now?
Слава Украине!
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 509

Post#7 » by TheCage4 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:30 pm

Get over it bud.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,184

Post#8 » by kenwood3333 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:10 am

Apparently Jae Crowder's way of being a leader is to backstab the employer. His childish and immature move is hurting his chance of moving pass from being just an nba player.
Montrosslegend
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#9 » by Montrosslegend » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:20 am

I never saw a player sabotage his own career quite like this. No matter how much your unappreciated, in a contact year keep your mouth shut and show up to work. Teams aren’t going to give him half of what he would have got had he done that. I hope Im wrong but why pay big bucks for someone with what’s perceived as char issues.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#10 » by HighRyzer83 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:44 am

:lol: @ crowder thinking he's more anything over the vet min. He legit sucks. You gotta somewhat decent to be that entitled.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,235

Post#11 » by luciano-davidwesley » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:55 am

How dare my team ask me to play off the bench? My feelings are hurt.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,663

Post#12 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:18 pm

This situation continues to go from bad to worse. The longer he sits out, the less attractive he is to other teams. The way things are going, Crowder may end up having to settle for signing a vet minimum contract somewhere after next season has already started.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#13 » by mg » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:20 pm

Suns don't owe him anything.

He should've went out there this season and earned the next contract, regardless of his role, but he wouldn't do it

Return to Wiretap Discussion