Nuggets Gauging Trade Value Of Bones Hyland

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Nuggets Gauging Trade Value Of Bones Hyland 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:43 pm

The Denver Nuggets have gauged the trade value of Bones Hyland, sources tell Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports.

Hyland has occasionally clashed with Michael Malone and that has been a factor in Denver's dialogue.

The Nuggets are also concerned about their ability to afford to pay both Hyland on his next contract as well as Bruce Brown.

The Nuggets have expressed an interest in a defensive-minded frontcourt player plus a first round pick for Hyland.

Tim Connelly drafted Hyland while with the Nuggets and continues to be a supporter in his current position with the Minnesota Timberwolves. 

Via Jake Fischer/Yahoo Sports

hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,329

Re: Nuggets Gauging Trade Value Of Bones Hyland 

Post#2 » by hippesthippo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:08 am

ffs Denver, this is the best chance the Nuggets have had for a Championship in what-- decades?

Now is not the time to be cheap. Trade him after the season if you really have to, but why the hell would you trade him right now?
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 664

Post#3 » by FeatheryTouch » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:47 am

hippesthippo wrote:fs Denver, this is the best chance the Nuggets have had for a Championship in what-- decades?

Now is not the time to be cheap.Trade him after the season if you really have to, but why the hell would you trade him right now?

The wiretap tells you why. He has clashed with Malone(actually news to me), will be looking for a deal Denver might not be able to afford soon, and the Nuggets feel they need frontcourt defense help.

The right deal for a vet backup big might actually help their title hopes, Bones can score but he's a bit of a wildcard for quality playoff minutes.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,447

Post#4 » by WillyJakkz » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:56 pm

I read it and think the riff with Malone is just a diversion tactic compared to the contract.

Now's not the time to get cheap, Bones is a great spark for DEN and I'd be upset as a player if I heard this news.

Return to Wiretap Discussion