Kevin Durant Unlikely To Be Traded This Week

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kevin Durant Unlikely To Be Traded This Week 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Feb 7, 2023 1:39 pm

After the Brooklyn Nets traded Kyrie Irving, speculation immediately turned to Kevin Durant's future with the team. The main question: Would Durant reissue the trade request he made over the summer?

To date, Durant hasn't said anything publicly about the Irving trade, or his desires following that deal. But NBA insiders don't think it's likely Durant gets moved ahead of the trade deadline.

While speaking on The Lowe Post, Zach Lowe of ESPN said he doesn't think a Durant trade is coming in the next few days.

"I've been saying since the James Harden trade, that it just feels like the inevitable end of this is that (Durant) asks for a trade a second time, having already done it for the first time. I just don't know how likely that is, or when it would happen," Lowe said. "Around the league, I think there would be some surprise—even within the Nets—if it happened in the next four days. Because that's an avalanche of stuff happening in a very short amount of time that all of the league needs to prepare for if it becomes a thing."

Via Zach Lowe/ESPN

Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Re: Kevin Durant Unlikely To Be Traded This Week 

Post#2 » by Speedlot » Tue Feb 7, 2023 4:31 pm

westbrook 2 first and rookie of the year candidate Stone Cold Austin Reaves.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#3 » by luciano-davidwesley » Tue Feb 7, 2023 7:22 pm

Speedlot wrote:westbrook 2 first and rookie of the year candidate Stone Cold Austin Reaves.

Lol
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Feb 7, 2023 7:32 pm

Why would they trade KD? They clearly traded Kyrie for the package that gave them the best chance of remaining competitive.
Speedlot
Lead Assistant
And1: 697

Post#5 » by Speedlot » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:43 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:Why would they trade KD? They clearly traded Kyrie for the package that gave them the best chance of remaining competitive.

well then
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,210

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:26 pm

Speedlot wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Why would they trade KD? They clearly traded Kyrie for the package that gave them the best chance of remaining competitive.

well then

I've been wrong before. :lol: To be fair, BRK tried everything to put trades together to entice KD to stay. They didn't take the deal for Kyrie that had the most future assets. They took the deal with the best current players. They were trying to keep KD.

The answer to my question was: PHX will mortgage their future by offering a foolishly large package to get KD. I don't think anyone saw PHX giving up that load for KD. PHX got fleeced!

Return to Wiretap Discussion