Kevin Durant, TJ Warren Traded To Suns For Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, Several Draft Picks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Durant, TJ Warren Traded To Suns For Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, Several Draft Picks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:17 am

The Brooklyn Nets are trading Kevin Durant and TJ Warren to the Phoenix Suns for Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, four first-round draft picks, and a 2028 pick swap. 

Durant was reportedly looking for a move, with Mat Ishbia looking to complete the deal on Wednesday night. 

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Re: Kevin Durant, TJ Warren Traded To Suns For Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, Several Draft Picks 

Post#3 » by tigerae » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:37 am

I feel bad for the Nets fans. They go form having a big 3 to Ben Simmons and a bunch of role players.

Great move for the Suns. This is what all in looks like from a team.
Lee in Oregon
Sophomore
And1: 41

Re: Kevin Durant, TJ Warren Traded To Suns For Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, Several Draft Picks 

Post#4 » by Lee in Oregon » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:55 am

[quote="tigerae"]I feel bad for the Nets fans. They go form having a big 3 to Ben Simmons and a bunch of role players.

Ben Simmons is a role player too.....just sayin.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#5 » by DoItALL9 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:00 am

LFG
This is CP3's shot!

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#6 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:54 am

Golly. Getting things done. I like this part of the modern NBA. You'll probably need to play Jae . . . oh you traded him. Yeah the Suns are struggling for depth. But welcome to life with an NBA salary cap and players taking max salaries. Good luck with that.
Priest24
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Post#7 » by Priest24 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:03 am

Fire sale!!! Might as well get Simmons outta there too.
My opinion may not be your opinion or their opinion but I have it.
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,357

Post#8 » by PerfectJab » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:37 am

This is a really good deal for the Nets!

They get 2 decent young players and 4 unprotected 1st round draft picks for a player that would have demanded a trade anyways.

They're still going to be competitive and are set up in the future for years to come.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,305

Post#9 » by hippesthippo » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:44 am

tigerae wrote:I feel bad for the Nets fans. They go form having a big 3 to Ben Simmons and a bunch of role players.

Great move for the Suns. This is what all in looks like from a team.

But who does that leave in their rotation? Paul is always hurt, Durants is always hurt, and they just lost their top3 wings [even if 1 wasn't playing]. Plus 4 first rounders?! At least 2 of which will be coming from a Suns team with no Durant or CP3.
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,357

Post#10 » by PerfectJab » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:46 am

Priest24 wrote:Fire sale!!! Might as well get Simmons outta there too.

No way! Simmons can now be the 1st option on offense!
t-rexCity
Junior
And1: 79

Post#11 » by t-rexCity » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:09 am

Wasn't Ayton unhappy with the Suns? How tf do Nets pull this trade without getting Ayton in the deal? Makes no sense
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#12 » by MitchB3 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:19 am

I'm seeing a lot of people ready to pencil in the Suns into the NBA Finals. as though this team didn't just get a bit worse. Don't get me wrong adding KD is great, however, the Suns still have holes, and you also have an injury-prone christopher, who always goes down when he's needed. Chemistry needs to be built, and there's no bench, and you got rid of your best defender.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#13 » by MitchB3 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:21 am

t-rexCity wrote:Wasn't Ayton unhappy with the Suns? How tf do Nets pull this trade without getting Ayton in the deal? Makes no sense

They might flip him, but who knows.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#14 » by Sam195 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 11:36 am

t-rexCity wrote:Wasn't Ayton unhappy with the Suns? How tf do Nets pull this trade without getting Ayton in the deal? Makes no sense

He has a one year no-trade clause because the Suns matched Pacers max offer sheet to retain him. He basically could veto any deal he wants if Phoenix for example sent him to a non-contending team or a city his family is not comfortable relocating to for example. I think Suns talked to him but decided the best option was to keep him.
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 681

Post#15 » by jstudabaka » Thu Feb 9, 2023 12:48 pm

Lee in Oregon wrote:
tigerae wrote:I feel bad for the Nets fans. They go form having a big 3 to Ben Simmons and a bunch of role players.

Ben Simmons is a role player too.....just sayin.

There really aren't many Nets fans
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#16 » by TheCage4 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 12:53 pm

So Ishbia spends $4 billion on the Suns and immediately trades away his entire franchises future. I guess he's looking for a tax write-off when they are a top 3 lottery team for the next 7 years.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
The Hypnotoad
Rookie
And1: 413

Post#17 » by The Hypnotoad » Thu Feb 9, 2023 3:37 pm

TheCage4 wrote:So Ishbia spends $4 billion on the Suns and immediately trades away his entire franchises future. I guess he's looking for a tax write-off when they are a top 3 lottery team for the next 7 years.

Unless Durant and Bookers legs fall off they have three solid years of contending.
YourGM99
Junior
And1: 61

Post#18 » by YourGM99 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 4:50 pm

The Hypnotoad wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:So Ishbia spends $4 billion on the Suns and immediately trades away his entire franchises future. I guess he's looking for a tax write-off when they are a top 3 lottery team for the next 7 years.

Unless Durant and Bookers legs fall off they have three solid years of contending.

There’s too much player movement to continuously try to build for the future. If you have a few championship pieces and you can make a trade to get better you do it. Memphis is the next team on the clock, they better make a move within the next 12 months or they will be like the blazers who were in the western conference finals in 2019. The only outlier to this has been the warriors because they were set up by Curry signing a team friendly contract extension which allowed them to add KD without trading away their depth.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#19 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:50 pm

YourGM99 wrote:
The Hypnotoad wrote:

There’s too much player movement to continuously try to build for the future. If you have a few championship pieces and you can make a trade to get better you do it. Memphis is the next team on the clock, they better make a move within the next 12 months or they will be like the blazers who were in the western conference finals in 2019. The only outlier to this has been the warriors because they were set up by Curry signing a team friendly contract extension which allowed them to add KD without trading away their depth.

POR fell into the Conference Finals in 2019 and got knocked out by the first team to double Dame. They've never been contenders (even in 2019) because of their lack of length and depth. The opposing coaches from the first two rounds (Malone and Donovan) must have lost a lot of sleep as they watched the Blazers offense get completely shut down by the Box+1. :D

KD will be 39 in three years and he hasn't played more than 55 games in the past four years. I don't think this gives them a 3-year window. Call me a skeptic, but they gave away a lot for a pretty old and foggy window.

Return to Wiretap Discussion