Blazers Acquire Matisse Thybulle From 76ers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Blazers Acquire Matisse Thybulle From 76ers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:36 pm

The Portland Trail Blazers have agreed to acquire Matisse Thybulle from the Portland Trail Blazers. 

Via Chris Haynes/Yahoo Sports

TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Re: Blazers Acquire Matisse Thybulle From 76ers 

Post#2 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:18 pm

I don't understand this one from Portland. Did they acquire Thybulle due to his size versus Josh Hart? They essentially are very similar players. I feel like they could've offered a pick and got another team to add a player if Reddish was their target player in a trade.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,224

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:26 pm

Did POR really just acquire another player over 6' 3"... Say it isn't so!

They'll probably trade Cam, Thybulle plus a pick for VanVleet before the deadline. :lol:
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,224

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:30 pm

TimeisIllmatic wrote:I don't understand this one from Portland. Did they acquire Thybulle due to his size versus Josh Hart? They essentially are very similar players. I feel like they could've offered a pick and got another team to add a player if Reddish was their target player in a trade.

I don't understand your question. It looks like the Blazers got Reddish, Thybulle and a 1st for Hart and some 2nds. Hart was going to become a FA next summer so it's doubtful POR could have kept him. It's looking like they've done pretty well so far.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#5 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:32 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
TimeisIllmatic wrote:I don't understand this one from Portland. Did they acquire Thybulle due to his size versus Josh Hart? They essentially are very similar players. I feel like they could've offered a pick and got another team to add a player if Reddish was their target player in a trade.

I don't understand your question. It looks like the Blazers got Reddish, Thybulle and a 1st for Hart and some 2nds. Hart was going to become a FA next summer so it's doubtful POR could have kept him. It's looking like they've done pretty well so far.

This deal makes more sense if Hart is going to become a free agent soon.
tacos
Senior
And1: 385

Post#6 » by tacos » Thu Feb 9, 2023 7:01 pm

TimeisIllmatic wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

This deal makes more sense if Hart is going to become a free agent soon.

He will be as soon as he doesn't opt in this summer

Return to Wiretap Discussion